December 2014 Moms
Options

Filter anyone?!

So while checking out at Target yesterday, the clerk asked the classic question of "when are you due?!" I told her, "the end of Dec." Her amazing response was "Wow! Your so big! You look like your going to pop anyway now!" Ummmm okay.... WTF!! I begrudgingly smiled and responded, "well we all come in different shapes and sizes don't we." Then she felt the need to carry on about it! Ugh! I just wanted to get out of there and could feel the steam coming out of my ears! What I should have said to her was, "wow, are you sure you aren't pregnant too?!"

Well the run ins with people that have no filters didn't stop there. Nope! Proceed to next stop and pick up my boys from school. Another mom comes up to me and says, "OMG! I just found out your having a baby! When are you due?!" I reply, thinking to myself, here we go again! "the end of Dec" and you'll never guess what her reply was!

What is wrong with people!!! Didn't your mom teach you that if you didn't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!! I don't know about you, but I sure as heck would never go up to anyone, let alone a pregnant woman and say "wow! Your huge!"

Re: Filter anyone?!

• Options
    I've looked ready to pop for weeks now and all I get are comments on how big my belly is and how there's probably not any room left for the baby to grow. It's great, people wish me pre-term labor and feel the need to hope that I go into labor early for the sake of my vagina!

That being said, I do carry big and low, something I'm actually glad about because I'm a thick girl and I though pregnancy was just going to make me look fatter, lol.
  • Options
    People can be extremely rude. My SIL just had her third boy last week and on FB would post pictures of her pregnant and there was this one woman who I don't know personally that would always comment on how huge she was and there was no way she would make it to October. Even after my SIL put up a status on how many people said rude things to her that day and how bad it made her feel this woman could not take a hint and had to reply, "are you sure there's just one in there?" I wanted to cuss her out for my SIL but didn't want to make things awkward for her.

People can't take a hint and I'm sorry you had to deal with such rude people.   
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the same issue. When I tell some people I am 7 1/2 months they say, it looks like u should be due now. Mostly its strangers who feel the need to share their unwanted thoughts. I had one older women say, " are you sure you're not having twins?" I was like yeah I'm pretty sure. The audacity of some people is ridiculous. Why in the world would u argue with a pregnant woman about when they're giving birth to make them feel like they are abnormally huge?! The other comment I get is, "you're almost there huh?" And when I respond 2 1/2 more months they say, "wow that's gonna be a big baby."
  • Options
    Yeah, I am petite and showed early this time and of course I'm big (helloooo I'm 4 foot 9- I can only go "out"). I work in a couple of different locations during the week and hear this almost constantly... gets old, but I just don't say much anymore. It is what it is. Annoying though. 
  • Options
    I had a random guy on the street ask me if I was having twins yesterday. I just brush it off. People are idiots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's unbelievable to hear that so many woman gets these rude comments! I'm sorry you have all had to deal with it too!! Oh ha, I for got to mention both of them said, "you must be having a big baby!" Ah no actually I'm not and who cares if I did! I'm gonna take a note from @AlwaysForgetful ‌ start using hot sauce instead of honey!
  • Options
    @vintagejjane‌ I love that sign!!!
  • Options
    Yea my mom has been one of the worst! Making comments about how she was smaller than me when she delivered...blah blah blah. Makes me want to stab her lol. The stranger comment of "wow! You're getting big" is frequent. But I also get the random, "you're so small to be so far along" or "you're just all baby".

I think people are just stupid and have no idea about what is normal for size. Also, that each baby and each woman is different.
  • Options
    Eh, I am huge. I don't have a problem if someone mentions it.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    I am huge, and I usually don't let people telling me bother me. BUT the other day when I went to get my Flu shot the lady at the desk was like "Wow, any day now" and I told her no the beginning of December.. and she said " Well, my Daughter in Law is due the beginning of November and shes way smaller than you." Thanks lady.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I get both "you're all baby" and "are you sure it's not twins," which is just confusing. Gotta remember that most people don't get to see a lot of pregnant women in different stages. At best we get TV pregnancies where they have flat stomachs right until the end where at best they look about 6 months along. And delivery takes 5 minutes and two pushes (I wish) :P

The only time it really irks me is when they compare me to someone else. "So-and-so didn't show until 9months!" Or "my neighbor had twins and only gained 10lb." I have to remind them that I'm not their neighbor and this is not their baby. We do our own thing.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Options
    Earlier on I got tons of comments on how big I was and "are you sure there aren't twins in there" or "that's gonna be a big baby!" Im also small when Im not pregnant. Im a nurse in a clinic, I see roughly 40 patients a day, about 30+ make comments and ask questions. I've learned to just say Im due in December. And lately the comments have changed to "you're tiny! You look amazing" well ok then! I like hearing that much better. I feel huge but I also feel like my bump hasn't grown much recently and the baby is just getting super cramped in there beating me up all over. But seriously-- people have NO filters and are so nosy or judgemental!
  • Options
    I'm to the point that I just laugh it off every time I hear something of that nature (at least 10 times a day at work). I've been getting no-filter comments from strangers like "looks like somebody ate the watermelon seeds" and "wow, any day now, huh?" since I was only 5 months, and it really hurt my feelings then. I originally would get really defensive with them, but now I just roll my eyes and say "yep, December is almost any day now!"
    It seems being a pregnant women is some sort of crazy anomaly for a lot of people to see and gives them automatic permission to share whatever dumb and unsolicited comments come to mind.
  • Options
    I get that all the time at work....

I have heavily considered telling every customer that asks me when I am due that I am not pregnant, just to see their reaction.
    DH and I: Married 6/9/2017
    DS: birthday 12/17/14

• Options
    At my baby shower today, where I was feeling pretty unbloated for the first time in a week, my aunt said, "I can tell you're retaining fluid." Thaaaaaaaanks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What about the opposite..."omg you don't look 8 months at all, I was going to guess 5 or 6!" Or "you don't look big at all, you're so lucky!" Thanks for saying I'm still maintaining my slender figure, yes I still work out quite a bit, but I've still managed to gain 30 pounds ALL in my belly so you're freaking lieing out your butt saying I don't look big! What did you think I did, steal a turkey at the grocery and shove it under my shirt! Just keep comments to yourself period! When will people learn, especially strangers!
  • Options
    Yea, I think comments either way are just inappropriate --- it would never be considered polite to comment on a person's body, weight, or fluid retention in any other case...why is it so with pregnancy? I won't even acknowledge someone is pregnant unless they explicitly tell me they are. 

And I wish I had the balls to fight back about it as much as I had wanted to initially --- like commenting back on their bellies and such. I have grabbed a few people's stomachs back when they grab mine though. It's been somewhat satisfying.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"