October 2014 Moms
Options

Intro- unexpected October baby!

Hey ladies,

I'm from the December bump board but am posting on here too since my little girl has decided to come sooner then expected. She was due December 9th originally but my water broke already!! They are trying to keep her in until 34 weeks at which point I'll be induced. That will happen October 28th if she doesn't come sooner!

I'm excited to join you ladies! and anyone who knows anything about preemies- advice please!!!!! :)

BabyGaga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Intro- unexpected October baby!

• Options
    Good luck! Welcome, and hope all goes well. Keep us posted on your little girl.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    I have no advice on premies but wanted to say welcome and I hope you are able to make it to the 28th and that your LO stays nice and healthy!
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and FX she stays in for the 34 weeks!
  • Options
    My nephew was born at 34 weeks as a result of emergency c section because of preeclampsia issues. He was 4 pounds at birth and had no other issues. To this day he is perfectly fine! He will always be a little small, but I kid you not, he is ripped with muscles and highly intelligent!
    Early babies are not ideal but it's not always bad. Just wanted to share some hope to you that your baby will likely be fine.
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck to you and your lo!

• Options
    Sending T&P your little one stays in as long as possible!
  • Options
    Welcome and hoping baby stays in there as long as possible!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Welcome! Sending you a lot of t&p. My son was born at 27 weeks, spent 55 days in the nicu, and is now home and doing great. My advice is to focus on the positives although it's not always the easiest thing to do. Celebrate the little things like weight gain, tube removals, etc. And lastly, take time to take care of yourself once the baby arrives. You will want to be at the nicu 24/7 and may even feel guilty for not being there and that's normal. We are here for support whenever you need it.
    DS born 7/5/2001
    Married DH 2010
    TTC since 2010
    8 IUI and 2 IVF cycles
    BFP - TWINS! - Lost twin A at 17w5d 
    Still pregnant with Twin B!!!! Due 10/16/2014
    Hospital bed rest 5/10-7/20
    William born at 27 weeks and 3 days

• Options
    Welcome & good luck.
  • Options
    Welcome, FX that LO stays put the few more days!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Maere Welcome! Update us on how you're doing. My water broke at 33.6 weeks on a Saturday and I was able to hold off until Tuesday. My little boy just turned 2 months 2 days ago (adjusted age 2 1/2 weeks old). While it was a VERY rocky couple weeks in the NICU, he is doing JUST fine now at home, healthy, and wonderful.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

image image image

• Options

Hi and welcome.  Since you are 34 weeks today, I am thinking you are being induced and becoming a mommy today.... I am still eagerly anticipating my LOs arrival.  Fashionably late- DH says she cant find anything to wear, just like her mother ;-)

Anyway, from a professional standpoint as a NICU nurse and not a parent of a preemie, I can tell you that your baby, at 34 weeks, as long as he/she has no complications, should be just fine and home with you in just a few weeks.  Every preemie is different....34 weeks is so borderline as to what treatment they will require, whether it is respiratory support or feeding issues, or no big issues at all.  Be patient and realize that baby will need some weeks to adjust and grow and have the energy to perform like a full-term baby.  Don't expect them to latch on to the breast or bottle perfectly right away, although some are little feeding champions.  Expect at least a week in the NICU, but we tell all parents "discharge roughly around the due date" just to be safe.  Some babies go home much sooner, some later.  Each case is different.  Hold the baby skin to skin as much as possible, pump as much as possible if you plan to, try to relax and take care of yourself, and get some sleep while you can!  FX that your baby is strong and healthy....congrats on your October pumpkin!

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage

Winston is ready to have a little sister!

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"