May 2014 Moms

Seperation Anxiety!!!

So DS is 5 months and for WEEKS I've been saying he needs to start sleeping in his own room, in his crib - no more pnp. Well tonight I finally put him to bed in the crib and now I'm laying in bed and I can't stop staring at the monitor!!! I'm afraid I won't hear him - I worry he'll be too hot but then he might get too cold. I know it's really ok and he'll be fine but this sucks!!!! Ps - DH completely passed out :-w
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seperation Anxiety!!!

• I waa dreading putting DD in her crib in her room but I finally did at 4 months and I couldnt believe how easy it was. I still check the monitor every so often but i am so happy I did it! It will get easier and become a routine in no time. Hang in there, I know its hard at first!
  • Thank you ladies! He just got up from a coughing fit my eyes flew open. That made me feel better to know I could hear him if that makes sense.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the same problem! I just put my son in his crib the beginning of this week. My husband fell right to sleep and I was staring at the monitor, too. He has been fine and is doing great. I'm getting used to it, too. Much bigger transition for me. To make things worse he wakes up with a poopy diaper every morning so now I worry that he's been sitting in it for a long time.
  • Have any of you stared at the monitor at night and wonder if a scary face will pop up? Lol! I think it's bc it's Halloween but i was staring and was like "I will literally pee myself if a scary face just pops up out of nowhere" - got to go spider monkey on some ghost face if it's in my baby's room.
  • Yes! I have, but it was in a scary movie a while back. I saw the preview on a commercial and the ghost was in the baby monitor. Ahhhh!!!
  • Moving our little one to the crib was so stressful. I did not sleep for a few nights at first ad constantly stated at the monitor! It's been over 2 mo now and I think moms develop super sonic hearing. I wake up to him making the smallest/quietest noises and moving. My husband sleeps through everything!
    Don't worry- you'll both be okay :)
  • So it's been a few days and I'm no longer staring at the monitor for hours however - he is waking up around 3:30am bc his pacifier is no longer in his mouth so now I have a nice sleepy walk to his room and search for that damn thing to stick back in his mouth - once I do he's back to sleep. He's at a point where I put him in sleepy or awake and he falls asleep..not an entirely bad thing - feels weird looking in my room and not seeing the pnp
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"