January 2013 Moms

Toddler stomach bug

Anyone else deal with a real stomach bug yet? So, so much worse than when he was a baby! T had a mild fever last night and then I walked in his room this morning to see he both threw up and had diarrhea. Awful. He was just playing and not upset at all! So he got a bath, I have him clear juice. He asked for a waffle so I made him one (plain) and he ate about half. He was fine throughout the day so I was hoping it was over. I checked his temp before bed and it was 99 so I was feeling pretty confident. Well, about an hour after bed he started crying so I walked in and he had thrown up again all over the place :( H showered with him and I cleaned his room. I finally got him back down after about an hour and a half and I'm praying that this is over! He threw up pretty much the last sippy of diluted juice he drank so I'm just hoping he had too much in his sensitive little belly. Would appreciate some T&P that he gets better - stuff like this is so scary! There's a bug going around his daycare so I'm not shocked. H also now has some issues going on. Luckily, I'm still ok so fx it stays that way!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toddler stomach bug

• Poor thing. Nope we haven't had any serious stomach bugs yet. Hope he is feeling better soon!
  • Only once has DD got really sick and it was horrible. She threw up all over and when I picked her up to clean everything she opened her eyes but just laid on the ground staring off into space. It was so sad.
  • Loading the player...
  • About a year ago DD got a febrile seizure and vomited nonstop from our car to the emergency room. It was freaky and scary...but she recovered within a day or so and honestly hasn't really been sick since! Sorry for your little guy :(. Hope it's a quick recovery.
  • So T had a terrible day yesterday but I'm hoping it was 24 hours. He drank (gave him juice in small increments) this morning and ate 2 mini waffles. We ventured to a farm/corn maze not far away and though he didn't eat much, he drank a ton of pedialyte and was super happy. Tonight he ate a gerber packet and some fruit for dinner, didn't drink a whole lot, but seemed good! Now it's the countdown - either he's over it or this mama's about to clean up vomit lol. Seems pretty likely that it was a 24 hour bug, though! I think all of your well wishes made him better ☺️

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• I hope he continues to feel better!

I haven't had to deal with that with DS yet but I was there when one of my nephews started a stomach bug. It's so sad when they're getting sick and crying for their mommas. Breaks my heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Awww, poor guy. We haven't had that yet, but it sounds terrible. I really hope he starts feeling better soon!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• We had the stomach flu around 14 months. It was flat out awful. Then he had another bug with diarehha that lasted about four days about a month ago. It's no fun when they are sick.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"