August 2014 Moms
Options

Have we met before?

a thought struck me today when I was shopping and ran into another mom with her LO in a stroller. She asked how old jack is and her girl was only 2 weeks away, born in August. After we parted ways I couldn't help but wonder if any of us have ever met irl and not known it. Just thought it was an interesting thought.

Re: Have we met before?

• Options
    It has crossed my mind before for sure. It is a small world - you never know. :)

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Interesting thought!

I was actually looking into meetup groups with new moms today. Being a new sahm can be terribly lonely sometimes. All my friends (kids or not) work.

• Options
    ...missed connections...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I should add if you were the mom I met in the pet aisle at Target today with the little girl sleeping in her car seat And we talked about teething: hi!
  • Options
    toratoratori and I saw each other waiting in line at BRU and realized we were both A14 Bumpies. I thought I recognized her, and I did!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Options
    A girl on my last BMB and I ended up figuring out we went to the same college and graduated within a year of each other.  We had similar majors, our advisors' offices were next door to each other, and yet we did not know each other.

• Options

I don't think anyone lives near. When everyone added there state to the spreadsheet, there wasn't many from MD who participated. The amount of Mom's I see with carseats on the cart and crotch danglers, I doubt there are many in general.

I'm from Maryland!
    August 2014 Siggy Challenge: Motivational Speaking for Moms
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I totally was in book club with a girl from the nest and we had no idea until one night we were talking on the nest about going to book club and we realized it was the same one. I also met someone from TTTC who was seeing the same RE as us.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, I don't think there is anyone who lives near me either. I do wonder about it from time to time though.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    Me and another bumpie had babies on the same day and in the same hospital. That's as close as it got.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I live in a tiny town in Indiana. I doubt it. I sometimes do Wonder though
  • Options
    Where's that spreadsheet now? I never checked out the PA peeps. :-)
  • Options
    Another bumpie and I went to HS together. As soon as we all shared our announcements (January?) she sent me a FB message letting me know her user name and stuff. Besides that, the closest bumpie is 25 minutes from me in a large city so I doubt we've crossed paths.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    lynds002 said:

I don't think anyone lives near. When everyone added there state to the spreadsheet, there wasn't many from MD who participated. The amount of Mom's I see with carseats on the cart and crotch danglers, I doubt there are many in general.

I'm from Maryland!
    Me too! I never take LO out in public though since my mom is always available to watch him so I never have any mom to mom interactions yet. I'm looking for a local mom group soon though.
  • Options
    I have this thought all the time!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I went to high school with one of the moms from my August 2012 group. It was crazy that it worked out that way.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"