TTC after 35

ER date is set and I don't have a good feeling

2»

Re: ER date is set and I don't have a good feeling

• @hooligans4‌ I really want to transfer 2. It's what we also wanted to do last time, but the RE was very against it. She likes single transfers only. However, at my last WTF appointment I was upset thinking it would have increased our chances. She agreed to a 2 egg transfer then...we will see.

So I REALLY, REALLY want to transfer 2, if she tries to convince me otherwise I have promised myself to hold my ground against her. I'm TERRIBLE at that, especially since she's such a strong personality.
  • CML11 said:
    @hooligans4‌ I really want to transfer 2. It's what we also wanted to do last time, but the RE was very against it. She likes single transfers only. However, at my last WTF appointment I was upset thinking it would have increased our chances. She agreed to a 2 egg transfer then...we will see. So I REALLY, REALLY want to transfer 2, if she tries to convince me otherwise I have promised myself to hold my ground against her. I'm TERRIBLE at that, especially since she's such a strong personality.
    You didn't do genetic testing, did you?  If not, I think transferring 2--for we AMA ladies--is plenty conservative.  (I'm older than you--40--but my RE would transfer 3 if we didn't have them tested first).  Stand your ground, lady! :)  And good luck!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Loading the player...
  • If you are comfortable with the possibility of multiples then stick with the two. I totally agree with you.
    Give yourself the best odds and go for the two.
    I so hope this works for you. I will be thinking if you.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• @hooligans4‌ we are fine with multiples (twins, not more than that lol). She feels it doesn't increase the odds, if it's going to fail or succeed it's not because we put in two. I disagree from the research that I've done. I feel like she is so against twins because she has them. At least that's the impression I've gotten from her in the past.
    At our WTF appointment, I think she could tell that I was so frustrated and brought up the transfer of two again. Her response was "okay, I would be alright with that. You have the right personality for twins". WTH??? The right personality??? She's a little odd.

@Davie813‌ we are completely covered for 6 tries for IVF, but genetic testing would be completely OOP. Neither DH or myself are carriers for any genetic disorders. So at 6 K a pop, we are not doing it. We are hopeful the 5 day blast rules out most of the abnormal ones (1 out of 6 last time were abnormal). It's something I still think about, I just wish it was covered.
  • Yes, I totally disagree with your RE since it is pretty likely that some of your embies will be genetically abnormal. If you transfer 2 it is definitely more likely that 1 will be genetically normal and more likely to stick.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Soooooo excited for you!!! Hugs and positive thoughts for tomorrow, @CML11!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"