March 2015 Moms
Options

Bored. Stressed. On bed rest.

Hi ladies. I had a diagnostic ultrasound on Tuesday and was put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy due to a small cervix. Is anyone else going through this or have gone through this? I honestly don't know how I can stay bed rested with a 2 1/2 yr old boy. I'm super stressing out.

Re: Bored. Stressed. On bed rest.

• Options
    No experience, but you have my support.  *creepy internet hugs*
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So sorry you are going through this. I don't have any advice but wish you and LO well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My H works all day, but he helps with whatever he can. My mom also helps me out a lot, but she works too.

I'm still going to school so I have homework that keeps me busy, but I'll definitely be catching up on all of my shows.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this!  I'll add to the creepy internet hugs.  Did you talk to your doctor about possible alternatives to bed rest?  I'm not familiar with your condition at all but bed rest for 20 or so weeks does not sound like fun and frankly impossible with a toddler around!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    I'm sorry that sounds rough. I would say to adhere to the bed rest as much as possible. I'm sure it's tough with a toddler, but do whatever is in your power to rest. Hang in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I know it sucks, I'm currently on bed rest for the same reason. But LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR! What a shortened cervix usually means is that your cervix is opening and you can go into labor at anytime. I unfortunately lost my first child to this at 6 months into pregnancy. The cervix beginning to shorten and open also puts the baby at risk of infection unfortunately. If you feel as though you'll have a problem maintaining bed rest (due to having a young child), talk to your doctor about having a cervical cerclage procedure done. It's a day surgery that sews a pregnant woman's cervix closed so that preterm birth and infection can be avoided. Even though it's typically done around 14 weeks I would still ask. 

photo photo_zps71159d02.jpg
    Chloe & Luna: 2 of my fur-babies
    BabyFruit Tickerimage
  • Options
    Wow I'm sorry you are going through this. I don't know anything about it but I wanted to offer my support. ((HUGS))
  • Options
    @xMina4x‌ Thank you for sharing. I will definitely ask about that. My Dr. prescribed the progesterone gel and will see me again in two weeks. I'm trying super hard not to get up but it's very very difficult when I have to take care of my son.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I'm taking it one day at a time.
  • Options
    Hugs and hope that your condition improves, or maybe an alternative solution will work (cerclage, etc). I can't imagine how you could manage bed rest with a toddler all day so please take care!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry, hope you can figure something out. I have a 3 1/2 year old boy & it was hard to stay in bed for almost a week after I had my appendix out. Good luck!
  • Options
    @stefmxo‌ Thank you for making me feel a little better. I know it's not opening, but hearing negative stories about a short cervix got me really worried.
  • Options
    Im on bed rest for incompetent cervix. Its hard I know I have 4 other kids older to in school but my 2 and 1 old home with me. My husband helps when he is home
  • Options
    vargasgurlvargasgurl member
    edited October 2014
    Not being able to pick up your little One is so hard , I am not allowed to pick up my daughter at the moment and in a week or so I will be allowed to put her in and out of the crib (she is only 1) but I can't carry her around the house and my home activities are limited. I was on bed rest for a week and it's really not fun :( I basically spend a lot of time playing w her on the floor and stay in one room at a time and I don't go up and down the stairs often. The best thing you could do is get help because it's not an easy task. Best of luck , just remember your goal is to make sure you focus on your new growing baby. I agree with the other suggestions , see if there are other options than strictly bed rest.
    < image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"