Cloth Diapering

sposie discussion

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I'm lazy. ;) our target just started carrying honest co. And 7th gen 100% cotton. I got a pack of each just to try. Don't judge it's just a back up plan. I opened them see what al the hype is about and they feel like regular disposables to me just no chemical smell. Has anyone used either of these and liked one over the other? No flaming! :-S

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: sposie discussion

• MH picked up a pack of the 7th Gen ones while we were on a trip and didn't want to bring cloth. While the material itself seemed fine...whatever they use for the leg gussets (elastic type material) caused an awful rash on DDs thighs. Cloth diapers FTW!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • CQ! Do we need to start sending you nb dipes?

We use honest most of the time when we have them (used to be hard to find) and need disposables- and usually like. I don't like the brown 7th gen ones but those are different, I haven't tried the "Cloth" ones.
    When we used sposies with DD, we used the brown Seventh Gen too, and they sucked. This time, I am looking into Honest Company diapers too as a backup plan (for traveling without laundry access, and to have on hang if we run out of diapers between wash, since we have coin-op laundry and sh*t happens) and bought a small package of newborn for the first few days of meconium. They smell nice (not gross like other sposies) and the prints are cute- but I have not used them on a baby. I have a friend that uses Honest CO diapers exclusively because she loves them, and she says they are awesome. It kills me to spend so much money on something I'm going to throw away. I was wondering about the new Seventh Gen ones too, but havent heard anything about them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've used both. I like Honest, but our Target only carries up to size 4 and we need 5's. I prefer the 7th Gen touch of cloth anyways. We buy those when Cade need them to go to the grandparents' house. Neither of them will use our cloth. I like the plain white look as well. I'll probably end up making a cake or something out of them for my cousin as well. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've used seventh gen, honest, and whole foods brand all interchangeably, mostly at night, and thought they were fine.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We really like the Honest company diapers.  We tried Earth's Best and hated them.
  • I use 7th gen touch of cloth ( they are not 100 %cloth) at night. I like them and haven't had any problems at all, they are absorbant enough to last 10-11 hours on my almost eleven month old. Just a note she dosent have any allergies or sensitivities.
  • We have tried both and I prefer Honest Co. They both work the same and cost the same when I bought them. The 7th Gen are plain white and papery. The Honest Co are cute and less crunchy-feeling.

• Sorry for the post and run. I did notice the 7th gen feel "crunchier" we shall see wHich i prefer when nkotb arrives.

@stringy813‌ yes! ;) i need about 15 more seriously :(

@TJ1979‌ um...i said NO flaming lol

• Remind me...are you having a boy or a girl? I might know someone whose little guy has outgrown most of his NB diapers. ;)

• I'd rather go with regular disposable than the 7th gen or honest co. Even the new ones aren't great at containing leaks. 
  • Sorry BFF. The flame was so pretty though.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Congrats on your boy, Candlequeen!! :)

How do they absorb? Logan can pee through a pampers snug and dry ON, easily. I would love to have a disposable that doesn't smell so bad!
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Sending you a pm, CQ!

• We used Honest for when we didn't have washing facilities the last few months. They worked well for us. I haven't tried 7th gen, but we tried babyganics and didn't like them as well.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• doeie04 said:

Congrats on your boy, Candlequeen!! :)

How do they absorb? Logan can pee through a pampers snug and dry ON, easily. I would love to have a disposable that doesn't smell so bad!

We've only tried the NB sizes, but I didn't notice any difference in the absorbency of 7th, Honest, and Swaddlers.

• doeie04 said:

Congrats on your boy, Candlequeen!! :)

Colton couldn't wear pampers...they leaked every time. I used huggies with him.

• (I should preface by saying I am pro-cloth, but I've only used prefolds with classic prowrap covers and only for one size with my first since we didn't have the upfront money to go all in. This time, we'll be doing it the "right" way and going for all cloth through potty training.)

I've never had my pampers (boy) leak and the huggies only leaked with my girl's explosive poops (the same ones that weren't contained by the prowraps either). If you don't pull the leg ruffle out, any of the disposables will leak if they get more than a little wet. I don't know how many parents I've seen not know to make sure the ruffle out and complain that they were constantly leaking around the leg. Or not know that a boy's penis should be pointed down every time. I guess I just changed enough diapers on enough different kids growing up to just know. 

I had very little experience in changing cloth though. No one I knew used them besides my mother and I was too young to remember my youngest sibling being changed. 
  • Candlequeen - I totally meant Huggies! Geeze. I'm sleep deprived. Haha. Pampers don't work for Logan, either.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Our brand used to be Huggies pure and natural and we really liked them, but once our daughter moved up into size 2 something happened with the fit and they started leaking. She's long and skinny and I think she just didn't have enough leg to keep them snug. So we switched to honest company and those work better now. We hardly ever use them now that we cd full time but we keep one pack on hand just for backup or if she's sick and has nasty poops.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"