July 2015 Moms
Options

How did you tell your SO?

Lets here your stories!

Re: How did you tell your SO?

• Options
    My DH was in the shower and I just said, "ummm I think I see a second line...". We were up at 4am because he was taking me to the airport for a Disney trip with my mom and sister. They were also in the house so I was trying to keep quiet!
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This time I bought a big sister shirt and put DD in it after work on our way home.  Last time I just showed him the stick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options
    Big brother shirt for DS. not very original.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I crawled back into bed where my crying toddler was and said "I'm pregnant, we've got another of these on the way!!" (tongue in cheek obviously!).
  • Options
    kjsmith9 said:
    I peed on the stick, DH went to look at it 3 minutes later.  Not that awesome :P
    Pretty much the same here.
  • Options
    I told my husband I bought some jewelry for our niece for her baptism next week. I told him to check it out and let me know what he thought. I really just put pacifier in a jewelry box and wrote on the inside "you're going to be a daddy". When he asked are you serious?! I had him open another box with the 2 positive tests inside that said "I'm Positive! Surprise!" I recorded it all on a hidden camera from the kitchen! It's our first, so I wanted to do something we would always remember.
  • Options
    I gave my husband a little kids fishing pole (since that is something we both enjoy) and said...you're going to be needing this in the future :)
  • Options
    I sent DH a text (while he was on the couch next to me) with a picture of my three tests, saying "ready for round 2?"
    He was so surprised!

• Options
    Baby is due on my birthday, so I think I'll send him a text thanking him for preparing my gift so early this year (along with pictures of the test). I just got my 2 positives yesterday, but after a third today, I think it's time to tell him. ;)
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I bought him a pregnancy book for dads ("What to Expect When your Wife is Expanding"). I told him I got him a present. He was all excited, and then the look of shock when I handed him the book was hilarious.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was on a business trip out of the country when I tested and told him over the phone. Since it was an IVF cycle it limits the element of surprise - worked or didn't.
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took the test and when I saw the two lines I face timed my husband (who was still at work) and when he answered, the first thing he saw was the HPT. He moved his face from the camera and I swear he cried! Lol It's our first so we are both over whelmed with emotions!
  • Options
    We had an IUI but I was sure it had failed. I tested 13dpiui and had a negative. But the next day I decided to test and thought I was hallucinating because I saw a second line. I ran in to the bedroom, flipped on all the lights and yelled for DH to look and tell me if I was crazy. He said I was but that he also saw a second line ;-)

***Signature/Ticker Warning***

March 2008 - DD born - no issues conceiving (surprise). Limited issues during pregnancy/delivery.
    June 2011 - Married DH.
    June 2013 - Diagnosis of Endometriosis and PCOS (approximate).
    December 2013 - First cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    January 2014 - 2nd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    February 2014 - 3rd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    March 2014 - Took month off to prep for surgery
    April 2014 - Laporoscopy for endo. Unable to remove endo due to too close of proximity to ureter. HSG done as well. Fillopian tubes open.
    May 2014 - 1st round of Femara. Positive OPK. BFN.
    June 2014 - 2nd round of Femara. Moved to RE to have CD10 Follicular U/S. No Follies in left ovary. 5 follies in right. Largest follie 8mm, 1 7mm, 2 3mm, 1 2mm. Positive OPK on day of U/S. BFN. DH has SA done at this time - All results within normal limits.
    July 2014 - 3rd round of Femara. CD10 Follicular U/S. No follies in left ovary. 7 follies in right. 1 20mm, 1 12mm, 1 10mm, 4 <5mm. Scheduled for IUI. Canceled due to low estrogen level of 145. TI this month. Prepping for Injectables next month. BFN.
    August 2014 - CD3 BW Normal. Injectables not happening because of stupid miscommunication about "required injectables class." Taking class this month. No medication. TI for the month. SIS scheduled for 8/7/14. SIS results - "I have a beautiful uterus." Huzzah!
    September 2014 - Cycle cancelled due to stupid AF coming early and making my IUI run in to DH's business trip. Try again next month.
    October 2014 - Injects with IUI cycle. 75U 5 days. Estrogen at 36. Bumped up to 125 for 4 days. Estrogen 105. Bumped up to 225. Ganirelix for 2 days. 4 mature follies. Triggered 10/9. IUI 10/10.
    BFP 10/24/2014. Beta #1 - 178   Beta #2 - 398.   U/S 11/7/14- TWINS!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I took a wondfo and got a squinter.  I confirmed with a digital and put that one in my pocket.  I took the squinter downstairs to DH and asked if he saw what I thought was there.  He wasn't sure, but thought maybe there was a second line.  I took the digital out of my pocket and handed it to him saying, "Here, maybe this one will be easier to see ;)."
  • Options
    I took my first test at 7dpo (I'm still convinced it was 8dpo) and got an extremely faint line. I texted him and said don't get excited, but I *might* be pregnant. The next day I got another positive and told him its possible I got an evap line both days since it was dollar store tests which I had never used before. The next day was an immediate positive on the dollar store test, but he was still unsure because it was a cheap test. 10dpo I took a FRER and the positive showed up before the control line, I texted him since he was at work. When he came home for lunch I showed him and we all danced around and cheered for DS being a big brother.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I haven't yet and am freaking out....
  • Options
    I showed DH the test and asked how many lines he saw. He got a goofy smile on his face. We're both still in shock.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    lncoolklncoolk member
    edited October 2014
    DHs 30th birthday is next week and I mentioned "next week is your birthday!!!" He said "yea what'd you get me?" I said "nothing because I'm a terrible wife as usual... oh but I did get you something small at Target today... I saw it and couldn't resist. You want it now?" He says "yea!" I say "Ok it's just something silly.... close your eyes..." so he did and I held the digi out in front of him. His reaction was priceless his voice was all high pitched he just kept saying "REALLY?! ARE YOU SERIOUS??" Happy 30th DH :-) 
    Love 2010 / Marriage 2013 / Baby carriage EDD July 4th 2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    I ambushed him with a pee stick when he walked into the house from buying dog food. He knew I was testing. Not the cutest story, but it works for us!
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My story is not exciting. He was sleeping and when I saw a positive I yelled, "you'd better wake up!!" He thought there was something horribly wrong lol.
  • Options
    I put my daughter's big sister shirt on her and had her hand him the test. He thought I was kidding...even though we were trying!
  • Options
    This is our 3rd baby so I lined up 5 pumpkins with everyone's name on them and the 5th said baby?...I waited for him to find it and he didn't believe me. I then showed him all 3 BFP test...then he believed me! We are so excited about #3!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"