Late Term and Child Loss
Options

~ Loss Check-In ~

Hi ladies, I hope you have been kind to yourselves this week.

Welcome to the check-in! I am sorry to have to welcome new loss moms this week but am so glad that you have found us. I hope we can bring each other some much needed comfort and support. Please feel free to join in when you are ready and share as much or as little as you wish. Also, if you have any questions you would like answered, just ask! Any lurkers out there please don't be shy, we would like to be able to support you too.

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week?

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?

QOTW: Who or what has been your greatest source of support?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                    motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ~ Loss Check-In ~

• Options
    Still seeing the grief counselor once a week which helps.  Got a memorial tattoo last night for Ava.  My husband is talking about getting one too, would be his first.

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal?
    Just trying to make it through the holidays without losing it.  Ava's school had their annual Halloween costume party yesterday.  We live right down the street so it was impossible not to notice it was going on and she isn't here to participate.

My parents and SIL have been the greatest support.  We just spent  a week up north visiting my parents. 
  • Options
    Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? DH and I just came back from Vegas. It was nice to get away and relax. The trip allowed ourselves to just have fun and not be consumed with grief. What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? Still need to lower my blood pressure. I'm pretty sure Vegas did not help. I know I have to be stricter with my low sodium diet so I planned out my dinners for the week and bought low sodium products . QOTW: Who or what has been your greatest source of support? Definitely DH. He's my rock even though he's just as devastated over the loss of our baby Ronin.
    TTC since August 2013 BFP #1 1/15/14...MMC 2/24/14...D&C 3/3/14 BFP #2 5/11/14 ... severe pre-e placental abruption our angel born sleeping at 22 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ***siggy warning

hi ladies ((hugs)) to those who need them

Have you taken any new steps towards healing this week? I don't think any specific steps, but I do feel like I am dealing with things...working through something. Not sure how else to describe it. Lots of dreams and random thoughts of Ana. 

What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? Hmm. Thinking about the holidays. 

QOTW: Who or what has been your greatest source of support? my husband and my Mom

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    To put together memory cabinets with Anthony & Benjamin's crocheted gowns, hats, blankets, birth cards, pictures, etc....  My excuse/barrier right now is time. I'm working a lot of hours covering a vacant position and lack time to think about what I want it to look like. I'm also a horrible decorator, so something this important I don't want to rush/half-a$$.
    While DH has been very supportive, what I'm about to say might sound ridiculous. My sweet dog **see siggy** has rescued ME from the loss of both grandparents, my mom, a mm/c and the loss of my boys. 

**sad story alert** 

She is such a sweet love bug, has helped me through so much grief and now I am losing her. She started acting odd last Sunday; fast forward to 3 vet visits, 1 doggie neurologist appointment and an MRI all this past week and yesterday we were told she has 2 inoperable brain tumors. She is not even 7 yo, so we weren't quite prepared for this devastating news.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Options
    @Maybe Joleisa‌ - I'm so sorry for the awful news about your dog. I have had to say goodbye to pets in the past and it is awful. My kitties have been such a huge support for me this past year, I can't even imagine having to lose one of them, and I'm so sorry you are going through this. ((Hugs)).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    @Maybe Joleisa - I am so very sorry to hear about your dog. So many hugs to you during this time.

We attended a conference on Grief with a workshop on "how to survive the holidays after a loss." It was really informative and it got my husband and I talking about what our plan will be so that we can survive this year.
    What is the next goal you have set for yourself? Do you have a plan to help achieve that goal? We are still meeting with our counselor and support groups, but other than those no other new plans on the horizon. I saw a few workshops for "writing, music and mediation for grief" so I plan to look into those more possibly after the holidays.

My husband. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have him here with me and us going through this together.
  • Options
    @mrslucid - I would love to see a picture of your tattoo for Ava!  What a special way to honor her.
    @Littleowl913 - A trip to Vegas sounds like a great getaway. My DH and I are thinking about taking a long weekend around the holidays to get away.
    @shandorfml2 - I'm glad that you've had visits from Ana in your dreams : )
    @Maybe Joleisa - I'm so sorry that your dog is sick.  Animals are part of the family.  ((hugs))
    @msunshine123 - That conference sounds amazing.  Any nuggets of wisdom from it?  I do not know how to handle the upcoming holidays.

I've survived another month without Caroline.  She would have been 7 months old on Sunday.  I can't believe how fast time is going, yet how slow it's going.

I am still working on getting healthy and have been eating better.  Trying to keep it up!

Definitely DH.

• Options
    @kderoy - the biggest thing was to give yourself permission to do things differently and really whatever way you need. Just because you do things one way this year doesn't mean you have to do it the same way next year or the same way you did last year. They also suggested incorporating your child into the holiday in a special way. Another thing was to plan ahead - try to give yourself down time for yourself and plan an exit strategy if you are going somewhere.
  • Options

@msunshine123 - Thank you for sharing!  I think time alone and an exit strategy is going to be key for me.

@mrslucid - That is incredibly beautiful and so special.  I love the words "living love" - such a perfect way to describe your ongoing love for Ava.

• Options
    @kderoy - the biggest thing was to give yourself permission to do things differently and really whatever way you need. Just because you do things one way this year doesn't mean you have to do it the same way next year or the same way you did last year. They also suggested incorporating your child into the holiday in a special way. Another thing was to plan ahead - try to give yourself down time for yourself and plan an exit strategy if you are going somewhere.
    We really used this advice last year about doing something different at holidays. We switched up where we went for thanksgiving, and christmas. We included Ana by buying her an ordiment and lighting candles for her. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards