2nd Trimester

New here and having an interesting pregnancy thus far!

Hi all!

This is my first pregnancy and finding that it's been nothing short of.....interesting. Firstly, I knew I was pregnant before I was late. I actually WASN'T late. I took my test the day I was scheduled to start my menstrual. Strong Positive. Confirmed again two weeks later at PCP appointment.

Everything was pretty cool until my breasts doubled, what seems, out of nowhere. Then I had the all day morning sickness. No vomiting though. Just crappy feeling all day. Then I developed a sinus infection that will be going on week 4 next week, but luckily I can breathe(can't smell anything still). Then dealt with the coughing/gag reflex(withvomiting.....and weak bladder). And of course, 2 weeks after I COULD wear certain stuff they now no longer fit! I think 75% of my wardrobe will need to be packed away until next Fall. ^_^ Then I developed pain under the right side of my breast. Feels like someone punched me. Hard. I thought it was my bra, but it even hurts when I breathe and cough. And I try to not read too much into but I'm reading folks are associating gallbladder issues. Yikes! Hoping it's nothing like that.

I'm blaming my hubby. He said if I EVER get pregnant, I'll have it rough. LOL!

I'm sure all of this is normal. Just wanted to "vent" a little. :-D

Re: New here and having an interesting pregnancy thus far!

• All totally normal. Actually nothing interesting whatsoever lol You have breathlessness, stretch marks, braxton hicks, heartburn, swelling, hemorroids, and all the lovelies that come after the birth to still look forward to, so don't complain too much just yet!

Your rib cage expands as your lungs expand to provide more oxygen to your increasing blood volume. Most women go up 1-2 bra band sizes. The pain is likely from that growth. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and if you have a fever, get it checked out. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This all sounds normal to me

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• stine28stine28 member
    edited October 2014

Hi all!

This is my first pregnancy and finding that it's been nothing short of.....interesting. Firstly, I knew I was pregnant before I was late. I actually WASN'T late. I took my test the day I was scheduled to start my menstrual. Strong Positive. Confirmed again two weeks later at PCP appointment.

Everything was pretty cool until my breasts doubled, what seems, out of nowhere. Then I had the all day morning sickness. No vomiting though. Just crappy feeling all day. Then I developed a sinus infection that will be going on week 4 next week, but luckily I can breathe(can't smell anything still). Then dealt with the coughing/gag reflex(withvomiting.....and weak bladder). And of course, 2 weeks after I COULD wear certain stuff they now no longer fit! I think 75% of my wardrobe will need to be packed away until next Fall. ^_^ Then I developed pain under the right side of my breast. Feels like someone punched me. Hard. I thought it was my bra, but it even hurts when I breathe and cough. And I try to not read too much into but I'm reading folks are associating gallbladder issues. Yikes! Hoping it's nothing like that.

I'm blaming my hubby. He said if I EVER get pregnant, I'll have it rough. LOL!

I'm sure all of this is normal. Just wanted to "vent" a little. :-D

Hi, welcome. Sounds like you're new to TB. I would recomment lurking around and getting your bearings here. And read the sticky posts. This is a snarky, witty, smart bunch of women.

The pregnancy you've described sounds completely normal. I'm surprised that you still think your period needs to be late to get a positive HPT. But anyway, congrats on your pregnancy and I hope it continues on its very normal path.

Edit: Haha, thought I was on my BMB. I'm such a dork. Well I'll let the welcome & advice stand because I'd give it to anyone. ;)
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • "feeling abnormal is completely normal..." 

From what I've seen/heard, it appears that way. And yah, all of what I've been feeling is normal. It helps seeing other folks going through or have gone through it. Just "interesting" to me because I've never been preggers. Everything is new and interesting.

Oh, and I've lurked over the last month. Gained a lot of good advice that has kept me from completely over-thinking pretty much everything. Figured I'd stop being a lurker and create my first "diary" post....just 'cause. ;)

• Congrats on the pregnancy. I personally hate being pregnant because of all the crap it puts the body through. I absolutely love the end result. Exercise when you can, sleep as often as possible and eat as healthy as you can tolerate.
  • "feeling abnormal is completely normal..." 

From what I've seen/heard, it appears that way. And yah, all of what I've been feeling is normal. It helps seeing other folks going through or have gone through it. Just "interesting" to me because I've never been preggers. Everything is new and interesting.

Oh, and I've lurked over the last month. Gained a lot of good advice that has kept me from completely over-thinking pretty much everything. Figured I'd stop being a lurker and create my first "diary" post....just 'cause. ;)

I hope it's your last, you know since this isn't your diary and all...
  • Congratulations! It gets bumpier from here. Lol enjoy it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"