Third-Party Reproduction

Egg Donor question

Hello,

I just found out 2 weeks ago that IVF is not an option for me.  My body stopped producing follicles at the age of 37 for no apparent reason.  

We just picked a donor (Shady Grove fertility) and I just wanted to know the timeline.  Is it possible to transfer within 6 weeks?  We are sharing with 2 other families.  They are giving me a ball park 6 - 10 weeks.  I just want a realistic feedback.  The match has been completed. We have all 3 families.

Thank you ladies!  <3

TTC since 2007; Unexplained; 8PG: 4CP, 2EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-9 weeks
Getting ready for DIVF #1 - Transfer 12/16! 

Re: Egg Donor question

• 6 weeks once you start is possible but it's unlikely that you can start ASAP. All recipients have to be synched up with the donor and it's unlikely that everyone is at the same point in their cycle. It's hard waiting around to start but realistically, I'd expect more than 6 weeks since you just matched.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Thank you for your input.  And congrats on getting this far! I am willing to wait at this point - I have no choice :) I just wanted a realistic outlook.

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I got delayed one time bc I had an estrogen producing cyst so we had to wait an extra month.. That was without another recipient. So you can get delayed bc the other recipients can't proceed or the donor can't. The more parties involved, the delays can be tough. @sorrellam30‌ is cycling right now at SG in the 1:3 program and she was delayed with one of the other recipients. Hopefully she will chime I !.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• That makes sense.  I would think they should be able to convert to FET's for the person ho can't do a fresh cycle.  

I guess I was wrong.

I didn't realized you guys existed. I may be coming here more often in the future! 
  • Good luck!  just be prepared that delays sometimes happen... my donor forgot her birth control a couple of days due to an emergency family situation and we had to delay and I was so upset.  Just don't get too tied to one schedule!  In the end the month delay although it was annoying was just a blip on the radar! 
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I picked my donor I THINK the last week in July, the match was complete with all recipients in about two weeks but we kept getting delayed waiting for one recipient to get on bcp. Once we all got on bcp I think it will fall right about 6 weeks to (hopefully) transfer. Good luck!!

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sorrellam30  - Since we completed the match and everybody is rushing to do something before the Christmas break I am hoping that everybody is already on BCP.  Of course, I don't know that it is the case but here is me hoping!  I hope it's about 6 week from this coming Monday....it that's the case we would be looking at first week in December.  We'll see...I'm anxious as you can tell.

Have you had you transfer already?  Where are you in your DE journey?

JimBobCooter - Based on your experience it counted 6 weeks between choosing and transfer.  I guess with 2 other woman involved in the process it makes sense to expect some delays.  
    Congrats on your pregnancy!  Keep the bun in the oven!
  • Welcome to the board & good luck with your upcoming cycle! Please join us on the Third-Party Reproduction Check-in (posted weekly on Sundays) :)

We got matched back in August and are prepping for a transfer in mid-November. All of the delays that we've experienced so far have been on our side. We wanted to consult with Dr. KK and had to wait for our follow-up with her until Sept 29. Since then, we've been moving forward with the DE cycle and trying to implement Dr. KK's protocol. It's possible that we'll do a freeze-all with the donor if my uterus doesn't get it together in time for a fresh transfer, but we're committed to waiting for as close to the ideal as humanly possible. 
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • RunCC37  thank you for the welcome!  I'll introduce myself to the board sometime next week.  It's been a hectic couple of days!  I will also post in the check in. I didn't know you guys existed!  It's kinda nice to be in a place where everybody is dealing with similar thing! We are hoping for an early December transfer but if it doesn't happen  until January so be it.  We've been waiting for 7 years, we can wait an extra month! 

• @vibeee‌ you can ask your nurse if everyone is on bcp yet and what the time frame looks like. We haven't made it to retrieval yet, donor is still on stims.

imageimageimageimage

*******siggy/ticker warning***** 

Me(31). DH (31)

DH SA normal count and motility, 1% morphology
    Me .72 AMH, Fragile X premutation carrier
    IVF #1 (6/12/13) BFN

IVF #2 (8/16/13) BFN

FET 10/4/13 Chemical

IVF #3 MC 5 weeks 5 days

IVF #4 DE 11/7 BFP, edd 7/28/15

All Welcome

BabyFruit Ticker