July 2014 Moms

Dreams about breastfeeding/Weird PP dreams

So since I've gone back to work and have to pump during the day, I have dreams about breastfeeding every night. Sometimes I wake up and question if I like slept fed a MOTN feeding because they seem so real. And this morning I woke up to having actually started my feeding timer in the tracking app I use. Totally did not feed DD for an hour at 5:10 this morning.

Anyone else have weird PP dreams?

Re: Dreams about breastfeeding/Weird PP dreams

• Is this a new username and old poster?

Just trying to figure out if you and I have established that I, too, have and adore my shiba.

• @tourqeyes‌ yup- my username was BabyPrigge. I switched it up recently to remove my name from it.

I think having a Shiba is one of those things like "once you go Shiba, you never go back".
  • Loading the player...
  • I've woken up not remembering the last time I nursed LO. Or waking to make sure I put him back in the RnP because I'll think I fell asleep nursing him. I'll look over and he's fast asleep. Just anxiety about his safety and nursing I guess.
  • I cuddle with a pillow against me when I sleep, and I often wake up thinking the pillow is my baby and that I somehow was feeding him all while I slept.  I freak out for a split second, afraid that maybe I smothered PillowBaby, then I realize he's safe in his Pack n Play.

I had the most heart-wrenching dream a couple weeks ago, that someone took my baby away and there was nothing DH or I could do about it.  I woke up so upset.  I was relieved when I realized it was just a dream, but man, I was about ready to cry my eyes out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wake in a panic once or twice a night thinking she's in bed with me and I don't know where in the bed she is. Meanwhile, I have never kept her in the bed with us. I think it's just all those stories of people accidentally rolling on and smothering their babies in bed. They scare the shit out of me. 
    I also had a dream the other night that she was already speaking in short sentences, and in my dream I was acting like it was totally normal for a 3 month old to be speaking to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a dream the other night that DD was actually a conjoined twin and they were going to operate on her. I blame American Horror Story. 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • I've woken up not remembering the last time I nursed LO. Or waking to make sure I put him back in the RnP because I'll think I fell asleep nursing him. I'll look over and he's fast asleep. Just anxiety about his safety and nursing I guess.

This. This happens almost every night to me.
  • No weird dreams, but I do hear phantom cries often...day and night.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    Anniversary

TTC #1 since 08/2013
    BFP! 11/7/2013
    EDD 7/21/2014
    Baby! 7/20/2014 
    9:14pm - 9lb 14 oz - 20 inches

• ohdarla said:

I had a dream the other night that DD was actually a conjoined twin and they were going to operate on her. I blame American Horror Story. 

Popping in from August (with a July baby)

I have dreamt that DS had a twin and that he was one of triplets several times. In these dreams I have forgotten to feed/care for DS's siblings since they were born three months ago and they are all tiny and frail. I always feel horrible and ball my eyes out in these dreams, I hope they stop soon!
  • Early this morning I had a dream that I couldn't get my nipples to stop tickling, then I woke and realized the baby was still sucking.

The other night I had a dream the baby drowned and for whatever reason I was trying to revive him by doing the Heimlech instead of CPR. :(  It was AWFUL and I felt like shit when I woke up, even once I realized that I wouldn't let my 3-month-old go swimming by himself in a pool like I apparently did in my dream. It does feed my fear of not being able to successfully do CPR on my kids if need be, though. One time we had dinner with friends when DS1 was about 2 and he choked on some pasta. Our friend was the one who first noticed he was choking and got him but it's always kind of haunted me, like what if he wasn't there and I couldn't have successfully unlodged it?
  • I dreamt that I dropped my son in a swimming pool and watched him sink to the bottom before I jumped in and got him.

I've also dreamt several times that I've taken my off and handed it to baby like it was a bottle he could hold.
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"