March 2015 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    goofygoff said:

My FFFC:  The #1 reason I quit my job to go back to school for my degree is so that we can move to another country before our son starts school.  
    What country?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MauiBliss said:
    @GoofGoff, it can be very hard to get work permits in the Netherlands or Germany. At least, it used to be. I don't know about Sweden but I do love it there. I'm sure you will do tons of research before you go! I've only lived in Germany of your three choices and did attend school there as a young child. 
    I know at least in Germany and Sweden, they love you if you're in the tech field.  In Germany, specifically, several requirements are relaxed.  Two friends of mine (one a software developer, the other a programmer) moved over there this year.  So, we're hoping to use that to our advantage!

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo‌. Your nips don't have to bleed. Sure it can happen, but it might be something that can be fixed with a LC and the latch. Mine never did. I also never had an episiotomy and naturally tore with both. I never noticed except I could feel the stitches. Toddlers are willful....wilfully amazing! Fuck the nay sayers, I know you know this. My only advice unwanted but highly encouraged. After a vaginal birth DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT get a hand mirror to check things out. Just no.

Thank you, @Chunkymonkeylvr :) It's good to hear parenting isn't all doom and gloom.

I certainly do not plan on putting a mirror *anywhere* near my vagina after delivery!!!  I made that mistake when I had oral surgery (they cut my gums all along the gum line of my upper jaw, broke the bones, and used a spacer to set it so I could fix my crowded teeth).  I pulled up my upper lip out of curiosity and screamed at what I saw.  Not cool!!!!!

• Options

I'm still struggling a tiny bit with finding out this baby is a boy (we were Team Green with Baby #1 but were sort of guilted into finding out with Baby #2... I caved). Regretting finding out, only because if I didn't know, I wouldn't be dwelling on this at all, and I'd be thrilled when baby arrived regardless. Let me be clear, I'm THRILLED that we're having a boy. My sort of "downness" comes from realizing that my DD probably won't have a sister because I don't think we're crazy/cool enough to go for #3. I just always loved (well, you know, like 80% of the time) having a sister, and all my boy cousins ADORED having brothers (but aren't close with their sister) and my H and his sister are not close at all... and I don't know any brother/sister combos that are close as adults. SO... cheer me up a bit? Are you close with your bother(s)? Tell me I'm crazy.

(Moved from Friday randoms... this seems flame-worthy.)

My hubby and his sister are super super close. And our son (he's 3 as of today!) is really close with his 3 bigger sisters but then again, he's only 3 and pretty much anyone who gives him candy or a high 5 is his best friend. Only time will tell.
  • Options
    Keeping with the themes:

I hate showering and H loves it. I think he judges my every other Day routine but won't say it.

I have 2 way younger half brothers. I always wanted a sister but found a lot of my friendships were sister like so that helped. Also I'm really close to my mom.

My fffc: I make sure to noticeably touch my stomach when I'm on a crowded Train so I can get a seat.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@JM0848, that's what I needed to hear, thank you! I love the Christmas card- hysterical.

@Darbie914, I should invest in the stuff, I'm a huge proponent of it. You need to try a few brands to find what works for you. Most people start by trying the Dove aerosol or something like that. I have dark hair, so I prefer the powder vs aerosole now, but I started with aerosoles and loved them. I've tried a few brands and right now i'm using got2B which is a super cheap, drugstore brand. I've done more expansive brands as well, but honestly, I think the cheap stuff typically works just as well.

https://www.allure.com/beauty-products/hair/2014/ten-dry-shampoos-under-20#slide=1

My absolute luxury brand love for dry shampoo is Oribe Dry/Texturizing spray, it's amazing on even dark fine hair. https://www.birchbox.com/shop/oribe-dry-texturizing-spray

I wish it wasn't so expensive :( haven't found another to really compare to it.
    photo 2eaeec32-4781-4bd4-a9e0-fe86f486b516.jpg

~~~~For SuzyQ and all our loss moms~~~~

Met: 02.2007 / Engaged: 11.21.2009 / Married: 07.09.2010

EDD: 03.02.2015 / Scheduled Delivery Date: 02.25.2015

• Options
    @Chunkymonkeylvr‌ i dunno i really feel as though this might happen. i don't know if i will be able to resist. I'm super weird when it comes to gross weird stuff like this. when i got my tooth pulled i haf to see the gross bloody tooth. Tonsils removed, i wanted to see them, someone's finger split open where u can see the bone? Yup i wanna see it haha now i might wince and cringe and be grossed out but i just have to see!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    I also don't shower every day... Maybe every 2 or 3? If I'm not stinky or feeling dirty I'm like ain't nobody got time for that!

@EmpireRecords24‌ I guess your confession isn't very flame worthy! :) I'm glad to see that though. I feel similar but haven't confessed it. I love having a girl (she's really my mini me) and having a second one is so convenient, but I am wondering if I'll feel like I missed out on the experience of having a son and the different dynamic. I don't know if we'll have any more so I guess that's why I'm thinking about it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @chunkymonkeylvr oh I 100% fully expect you to be right. I absolutely believe you. But its sorta like a bad car accident. You don't want to look but you just have to. And truthfully I actually completely blame you for me wanting to look because if you would have never mentioned it I would have probably never thought to look. So see, you must accept the part you played in my ridiculous obsessive decision making! ;-) hehehe 
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    My confession,,,is it bad to want to punch people in the face when your in the store and they just lock their eyes on you when one of you kids start to cry...im like yes i have 3 kids youngest 9 months and another in the oven baking, and have u never seen a kid cry before...like freaking really!!! X(
  • Options

I'm still struggling a tiny bit with finding out this baby is a boy (we were Team Green with Baby #1 but were sort of guilted into finding out with Baby #2... I caved). Regretting finding out, only because if I didn't know, I wouldn't be dwelling on this at all, and I'd be thrilled when baby arrived regardless. Let me be clear, I'm THRILLED that we're having a boy. My sort of "downness" comes from realizing that my DD probably won't have a sister because I don't think we're crazy/cool enough to go for #3. I just always loved (well, you know, like 80% of the time) having a sister, and all my boy cousins ADORED having brothers (but aren't close with their sister) and my H and his sister are not close at all... and I don't know any brother/sister combos that are close as adults. SO... cheer me up a bit? Are you close with your bother(s)? Tell me I'm crazy.

(Moved from Friday randoms... this seems flame-worthy.)

My brother and I are best friends! There is almost a 5 year age gap so it was a struggle when we were younger, but we talk everyday and I literally couldn't live without him. He is my only sibling so we have a pretty close bond. So don't worry about it at all!! :)
  • Options
    Maybe I'm the odd one, but I relish my showers. The only time I can breathe is in the really steamy room, but I've been that way since I was little and highly asthmatic. 

I'm also terrified to have a girl. I fail so hard at girling. Merp. :( And I'm worried that knowing may take away that extra ummph of effort in L&D, but we'll see I suppose. 

I'm so late to the party today. :( (Blame the cold)
    FFFC: I associate the sigs with users more than the avatars. It's nice to know Zooey Deschanel. And Steve Carell. And spinning puppy. And falling puppy. And Pam from The Office...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    FFSC? I missed what happened to the mod situation after all the drama. I thought we voted on a 2nd mod? Que paso?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"