October 2014 Moms

Friday Randoms

Re: Friday Randoms

• BP was back up today. At the hospital waiting to be induced.

I'm scared. :((

Good luck!

image         image

• @nightowl1989‌. Good luck! Don't be scared and try to.go with the flow.
  • Loading the player...
  • @nightowl1989 good luck! you got this! don't be scared!

I'm spending the day trying to manipulate my left breast to produce less and my right side to produce more. Is one-sided over supply possible? I don't even know how this happened. 
  • @nightowl1989 Whoa, it's go-time! :) Good luck!
  • I managed to paint my nails and now, of course, the baby is awake. :|
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • @savagek7 I seriously can't handle your avatar pic. I just can't! Too beautiful.  :x
  • I need to let my dog out, eat lunch, and shower but my cranky 3 week old will only sleep on my chest and otherwise screams.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @crawford411. You can nurse pretty easily in a ring sling

image              image

• Oh my gosh....its official I have lost my mind. I deposited (or so I thought) a couple of checks this afternoon. The atm gave me the checks back, so I figured it just saved a digital image of them. To make sure I didn't get confused, I ripped them up. I just looked at the atm receipt. I entered in the wrong PIN number, which I JUST changed a few days ago because I got a new card. Fails on so many levels... Does anyone know if I tape them back together and plead overdue pregnancy brain to a teller, will they take them? Or should I just call the issuer and ask them to reissue the check? (One is from my parents so I am less concerned about that one, the other is from my HSA)
    I would ask the bank and prepare to contact the issuers.
  • I want to take a nap, but my right boob is so full and hurts so bad I might have to break out the pump.. seeing as little chica bird wont be eating for at least two hours from that side.. ugh I hate pumping!
  • Syllessa said:

I officially hate fmil. She just called to guess how much weight I gained, ask how much I've lost, and tell me that when women don't lose the weight, their men lose interest.

Fuck her. Considering the bedroom issues we are already having, this doesn't help. Double fuck her.

Wow, I'm sorry. What a bitch. e-TP's to her!
  • My dog has been wearing a cone of shame for about a month now and I'm losing my mind. Now he has to have the growth on his toe removed so probably at least another month of the stupid cone if not more, which is literally falling apart he runs into shit so often. AND he has an eye infection in both eyes. This morning he woke me and the baby up by yelping in pain and bleeding all over the floor from his stupid toe. I feel bad for him but how the f does he randomly hurt it while wearing a cone AND laying in his bed? And it keeps teasing me by seeming completely better and then 2 days later it's swollen again. Having a newborn and dealing with this at the same time is a huge pain in the ass!
    imageimage
  • Cantisa said:

@Cantisa‌ Just tell her today is not a good day. She'll be pissed, then she'll ger over it. Or make DH tell her.

You would think when I didn't answer she would've got the point. Nope, she called DH to tell him she's stopping by. I think I'll be napping with DD when she gets here. 

UO: I hate all the visitors. I know everyone is excited but from the moment she was born, I have not had a break from visitors and it's driving me bat shit crazy. IF there is a next time, I tell no one I gave birth until LO is a month old, lol. 

I've been the bitchy wife who says no. DH has friends who wanted to come to the hospital before I showered, wanted to bring their slew of kids the day we came home... Oh and some are pissed I won't bring her to a big football party this weekend. Nope! Just let me doze here with my baby on my chest.
  • Baby woke up to eat as soon as I laid her down in the crib so that I could hear her on the monitor while I took the dog outside.  Baby K'tan for the win (after I fed her again of course)!  Now she is all cuddled up in it just looking around content as can be.  Now, I eat and watch Gilmore Girls.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I am seriously unable to keep up with anything!  Thanks to everyone who asked how I was doing. I am feeling better but not 100%.  I am very tired but still coughing a lot due to the remaining fluid pressing on my lungs so its hard to sleep.

The hardest part is feeding the twins. Since I am on diuretic I am struggling to pump enough to feed them, so our feedings go like this... attempt to nurse, mostly fail to get either to latch, bottle feed either bm or formula, then pump. The whole ordeal takes about 1.5 hours, then I can sleep for 1.5 hours before we do it all over again!   I hope they take to the boob soon.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @golfingdarwinfish

Before I hit about 6 months pregnant, she was great. Then up until Alex was born she was annoying and flaky.  This is the first truly bitchy thing she's done. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• FamousEa said:
    My placenta pills were just delivered!! \:D/
    I seriously wish I had done this. Perhaps next time.
  • Making homemade chicken marsala tonight for dinner... Feeling good... I'm attributing it to the mascara I put on today since I feel normal now ;)

Yum, be right over! =P~
  • We had two nights of a church conference - last night and tonight. Yesterday I took 2 bottles because I wasn't sure how it was going to go and if I'd find a place to BF. Well, of course I got super engorged and uncomfortable even after BFing her once and then pumping when I got home. Everything has been fine since but I'm debating whether to put my body through that again. Also it sucks because I just enjoy watching my BM stash grow in my freezer. Like, it just gives me a sense of security because I've been maxing out my grocery budget and there is no room for adding formula to it. No room at all. 
  • vrj0522 said:
    I am seriously considering buying a baby scale. I want to know that my baby is gaining weight without having to wait for an appointment. 
    It won't be 100% accurate (unless you have a killer scale) but you could always weigh yourself and then weigh yourself holding the baby. I know it probably won't help because of the oz differences, and every little bit counts at this point in the game.

image         image

• Mom's with no babies yet, would you go out just to go out because you still have no kids yet? 

It's Friday night and DH decided we would rather stay home cozy and binge watch netflix while still waiting for labor to start then go out and enjoy being just us while we have the chance. I think we are both just so tired of waiting and anxious that nothing is appealing outside the house. Is that sad? I feel like we should take advantage of this time, but just to do it, I'm really okay though with just staying home again. 
  • @goldengirlamy‌ DH and I have been going out to dinner together more frequently, and we went to a movie last weekend. We don't make a huge effort to do these things, but all of my friends with kids have said that was their one regret, that they didn't make an effort to do at least some things that are much harder to do with kids.

I definitely don't have the energy to have a production of an evening, but I am happy we have had a chance to do little things together like that!
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"