March 2015 Moms
Options

Various veins down there?

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and have started getting veins down there. Is this normal so early in pregnancy ? It's my 3rd pregnancy, my second pregnancy I carried twins.

Answers

• Options
    You mean on your vulva? We can handle words like that around here.

But yes. Very normal esp given your OB history.
  • Options
    Yeah I have them too!! :/ they actually bulge out quite a bit I asked my doc she said they normal they really horrible though!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't want to do it but no one else is pointing out the "various" veins lol sorry I'm immature op. To be serious, I believe it's totally normal and nothing to worry about
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    My initial thought was, of course you have various veins down there.

Varicose veins though... I've been told that since I'm a redhead I'll get them really badly. But I haven't had to deal with it yet. However, varicose veins are a normal part of pregnancy. One of those friendly, pleasant facts that nobody bothers to tell you a about beforehand, like RLP and such. I hope they don't get too painful for you!
  • Options
    Yup, very normal, though I am kind of jealous you were able to see that.
    Extra blood volume for pregnancy plus poor venous return from lower extremities equals swollen legs, varicose veins in legs and other places and hemorrhoids.  
    Ain't pregnancy grand. 
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Aren't they FUN!!! I freaked out when they appeared with my 3rd pregnancy- I was just sure that I had some kind of weird jay jay cancer or something! Thankfully they go away after delivery since your blood isn't pumping so much but beware- they normally come back, and worse, with subsequent pregnancies.
  • Options
    I didn't want to do it but no one else is pointing out the "various" veins lol sorry I'm immature op. To be serious, I believe it's totally normal and nothing to worry about
    Hahaha, this is why I clicked on the thread! I was like "...the hell is a various vein?" Good to know I'm not alone. :D

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"