1st Trimester

weight gain

I am currently in my 24th week and have gained about seventeen pounds. I am concerned because I don't want to gain too much weight throughout the enitre pregnancy because of the health risks to me and my baby. I am thinking about trying to limit my carbohydrate intake and start a low grade exercise routine. I am also starting to drink water only. Does all of this sound safe and should I be concerned about the weight gain?

Re: weight gain

• I would talk with your doctor and see what they have in mind for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amtheut2 said:

I am currently in my 24th week and have gained about seventeen pounds. I am concerned because I don't want to gain too much weight throughout the enitre pregnancy because of the health risks to me and my baby. I am thinking about trying to limit my carbohydrate intake and start a low grade exercise routine. I am also starting to drink water only. Does all of this sound safe and should I be concerned about the weight gain?

Is your doctor concerned? Dieting while pregnant is pretty stupid if not facilitated by your doctor.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • emmyg65 said:
    Replacing refined carbs with whole grains (no need to cut carbs completely), replacing sugary drinks with water, and starting something easy like walking 1-2 miles a day are all totally reasonable, low impact healthy changes that you can undertake at any time, unless a doctor has told you otherwise.
    This exactly.  But also talk to your OB.
    FET to TTC #2: 9/29/14 Beta on 10/8/14 = BFP!
    DS #1 Born 1/3/11 after IVF #1
    4 failed IUIs, including 1 CP
    PCOS
    TTC since 2008

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

• Everyone is different. Some gain 30 I gained 60. Fortunately my 60 pounds fell off in about 8wks.
    I got really down on myself about my weight but doctor assured me that she was the one who needed to worry about my weight and she'd let my know if that time came.
    If your doctor isn't concerned neither should you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"