Trouble TTC
Options

first IUI

hi! this is my first post on this site i've been a lurker for years but i never posted. It's good to see others who are going through the same things that i'm going through. I't s been a tough road for me and my husband. Here's a little about us. I'm 30 dx with PCOS in 2011, my husband who is in the navy is perfectly healthy with no known issues. we were married in 2005 but were young at the time and didn't want to start a family yet. we knew we always wanted kids just wanted kids at the right time. we began actively trying in 2009 and after a year of not getting pregnant we decided to see our OB found out i wasn't ovulating and was put on clomid and TI. we tried that for a while also taking breaks in between. fast forward to 2012..we never got pregnant on the clomid and we returned stateside after living overseas for a few years. got a new OB who immediately ordered an HSG which was fine and my tubes are open :) OB then upped our dosage of clomid and that did not work either. OB left the clinic and we were put with a new OB which we love..yes we have gone through many doctors, but with the military doctors they rotate so yea we get a new doctor every few months. it sucks. luckily i've been with my OB for over a year and she is the only one trying to get us preggo. we did 6 rounds of clomid with trigger none of which resulted in a baby. :( she then referred us to a RE, but it is a 6 hour drive from our home. we are military and only a few military facilities do invasive procedures (iui/ivr) now to present day we are being seen at naval hospital balboa in san diego and i'm about to start my first iui. i've been on clomid days3-7, 150iu of Bravelle, had my cd 10 ultrasound and only should one good folicle at 14mm. RE suggested i do menopur i did 75iu menopur on cd11&cd12, cd 13 showed  a 16mm follicle and RE did two more shots of menopur. I trigger tomorrow and have iui on saturday morning...just wondering if anyone else has had only one follicle during and IUI..RE said he likes to see at least 2 but doesn't want me to give up since it only takes one. any encouraging stories are welcome. im doing this process all alone since my husband is on deployment right now and we are using his frozen sperm. hope to get to know some of you ladies :)

Re: first IUI

• Options
    Welcome! I'm new on this board, too, but there is a lot of knowledge here so I am sure someone will have had your experience with a single folly. FX the IUI works for you this month!
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Welcome! So sorry, it sounds like you've been through a lot. I'm so glad you're working with an RE now and are able to get an IUI. So glad you're getting a mature follie now with the injectible meds!

There are quite a few military couples here, I'm sure you'll get to "meet" them. You're so brave to go through this on your own while YH is deployed! It sounds like you have an excellent treatment plan with the frozen sperm. Hope you're not here much longer!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome and good luck to you!  I also want to thank both you and YH for your service.  MH is in the National Guard and we've been through a few deployments together; I couldn't imagine if he were full-time enlisted. 

If you're looking for success stories with only one follicle you may want to try the PAIF or SAIF boards since you'll find people who've gotten BFPs there.  I personally can't speak to it since I haven't had any cycles yet.  Good luck!

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Options
    Good luck and welcome.. I have not had any IUI's personally so can't help much there..I just wanted to say that we are glad you decided to post. The ladies here are great and supportive.. FX for your IUI!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Hi ladies thanks for the warm welcome..i've actually had many rounds of clomid..too many to count..the current OB thinks i'm clomid resistant but my RE decided to use clomid on this cycle since i responded well the very last cycle of 200mg of clomid. 
    IUI is scheduled tomorrow for 10 a.m so hopefully it works. :) 
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck with the IUI tomorrow! :)

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• Options
     I only had one follicle on my last IUI.  Of course, it did not result in a BFP but that doesn't mean that it won't for you.  My RE was very happy with it.  I just had my baseline ultrasound for my second IUI cycle today.

Welcome and good luck!

• Options
    Welcome, this is a great place for support. Good luck with you IUI.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    thank you everyone. i will keep you guys updated :)

• Options
    hi everyone! well i had my IUI yesterday and it went pretty good. after the procedure my RE did some acupuncture on me to relax my body. Anybody do acupuncture after their procedure? im officially in the 2ww so i'm crossing my fingers it works. thanks everyone for the great support :)
  • Options
    hi everyone! well i wanted to update on my first IUI..it didn't work. :( my RE is letting my body relax from all the meds i'm taking and we will try again in janurary. thanks again for the support :)
  • Options
    htanks @sammae ..yea it's difficult with him gone but im keeping my hopes it will work and we will have a baby by the time he gets back. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"