Baby Names
Options

Ezra for a girl?

My mother's coworker has a daughter named Ezra. I always thought of it as a masculine name, but it suits her so well it almost puts it on my list for girl's names. Opinions?

Re: Ezra for a girl?

• Options
    Nope.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMFG! NO!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What?! Never.
  • Options
    Nope!!
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Options
    Ever read some titles and just KNOW they are going to get ripped to shreds?

With that said, I agree and say nope. All boy IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Hellz no!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Maybe I only took to it because she's the only Ezra I know. It does seem like boy names on girls are the new fad. I guess some people can make it work!
  • Options
    I only like it for a boy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    I think people often get those feelings when they see an adorable baby with a bad name. Doesn't make it a good name, though.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
    NOOO. It's been a boy name for 2500 years. One girl is not going to make it work for girls.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    That is dreadful. Stay away!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    No, Ezra is awful for a girl. It's the worst of the worst becuase it's a masculine biblical name, so there is no denying the gender of the name. 

I hate the new thinking that all boys names that end in A or Y are good girls names. We need to keep some softer sounding boys names on the table! I get how Ezra can feel feminine, in the same way Elsa or Vera do... but it is a boy's name.

Also because it is very unusual for a girl to be called Ezra, if you put it on your girl's list it will be pretty obvious you stole it from your mom's coworker. No one is going to buy "no, we liked it before meeting her..." lol 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I love the name Ezra, but not for a girl. All boy 100%.
  • Options
    I am not a huge fan of the name Ezra to begin with, but it is definitely not a name for a girl.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ezra is a great name... But only on a boy

• Options
    Maybe I only took to it because she's the only Ezra I know. It does seem like boy names on girls are the new fad. I guess some people can make it work!
    I think little kids can "make it work", because most little kids are cute and spunky.  But cute and spunky little kids can and often do turn into awkward teenagers.  Little Ezra might not appreciate her name as much when she is wearing braces, covered in acne, has coke bottle glasses and struggles to not catch the eye of the popular cheerleader looking for a victim.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ezra is one of those names that kinda seems like for a girl, but it's masculine from the Bible. So if I heard it, I'd assume it was on a boy.
  • Options
    I wouldn't use it on a girl but when I first heard the name I thought it was a girls name.
  • Options
    Definitely not, it's a male name and should stay that way
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    edited October 2014
    I know a little girl named Ezri, and it's not a bad name (I wouldn't use it), but I definitely wouldn't do Ezra for a girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"