November 2014 Moms
Options

What do contractions feel like?

I'm 38 weeks and 1 day. I thought contractions were supposed to feel like menstral cramps but tonight I have weird back pain and kinda a pinching feeling in my stomach area, wasn't sure if these are contractions??

Re: What do contractions feel like?

• Options
    Are they coming at regular intervals over a period of time and increasing in strength? They can feel like menstrual cramps. It really depends on the individual. Try timing their frequency and duration.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Depends on everyone. I had friends who never felt their pre labor contractions whereas I am feeling my belly tighten for every Braxton (comes with mild menstrual like cramps, nothing painful).

Like the previous commenter, only concern should be the timing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The back pain is constant but not the pinching feeling. I will time it the next time it comes. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    I would definitely say that my Braxton-Hicks contractions feel like a pinching. And I have some constant back pain that is probably due to simply being in 3rd tri. Maybe you're feeling BH?

On a related note, does anyone have one or two random, painful contractions a day? I get a little crampiness, and I have been feeling Braxton-Hicks for a while (they were pretty strong and regular from 31-34 weeks or so), but I have started getting one painful, 45-second contraction every day. It's odd! It feels slightly different from a menstrual cramp.

image      image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would definitely say that my Braxton-Hicks contractions feel like a pinching. And I have some constant back pain that is probably due to simply being in 3rd tri. Maybe you're feeling BH?

On a related note, does anyone have one or two random, painful
    contractions a day? I get a little crampiness, and I have been feeling
    Braxton-Hicks for a while (they were pretty strong and regular from
    31-34 weeks or so), but I have started getting one painful, 45-second
    contraction every day. It's odd! It feels slightly different from a
    menstrual cramp.

The painful ones just started for me yesterday I am 38 weeks and 3 days it feels like I have to go to the bathroom... but like × 10 in my tailbone area and lower stomach it actually brings me down to my knees I've read contractions can feel like gas but this is so much worse mine last about 30 seconds I've had 4 of them today
  • Options
    With DS I had a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions and to me, they felt like my stomach was so tight that I just couldn't get comfortable. Almost like when you over eat. Then when I had actual contractions (I was induced with pitocin), they started as menstrual like cramps and then got intensified. I also had back labor and it felt like my back was on fire! HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"