February 2014 Moms

Pumping Problem

I need your help because I'm starting to get worried. I pump every night so DH can do the bedtime bottle. Two nights ago I had better than normal output -- 6oz. Last night I pumped about an ounce total. I tried not to worry because I didn't think I'd had enough water to drink, etc. Tonight -- same thing. I pumped about 2oz, but practically nothing from the left side, which is my producer. LO has nursed all day and has seemed satisfied. I can tell he's drinking and swallowing. He's been on his normal schedule and, like I said, seems satisfied and full after he eats. I'm trying not to panic. Has this happened to anyone else? What could be wrong? I'm really nervous about working tomorrow and not being able to pump like I normally do and it starting to have a negative impact on my supply.

I'm going to call the LC I bought the pump from tomorrow to see if she can do a suction check, though I can see my nipple being sucked. 

Help me.
F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Pumping Problem

• Have you checked the pump parts to make sure no holes on tubes? Have you changed membranes or valves recently? If not, try that. Pump output is not an indicator of what baby gets when nursing.
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Also, have the pump checked for proper suction. Mine died recently. Like totally stopped sucking and the manufacturer sent me a new one for no charge
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Loading the player...
  • The other thing is, if you are nursing during the day maybe LO is going through a growth spurt and getting more than normal during the day. The same thing happened to me not too long ago. My body adjusted after a few days to make more at the end of the day. Then I had to adjust back when DS went back to his normal levels (I'm guessing since I nurse and can't tell for sure) and I had way more to pump at night.
  • Check the parts. Or could be the pp thing?! Idk I'm 9.5 months in and no visit yet. Usually don't until I wean but it seems like it's common to have a slight dip
    I'm supply before.
  • There's also the 8m-dip when nursing. I used Mother's Love drops to help me through with DS1. It did come back after a week. And only pumping was affected - he kept nursing fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • versed said:
    There's also the 8m-dip when nursing. I used Mother's Love drops to help me through with DS1. It did come back after a week. And only pumping was affected - he kept nursing fine.

this is interesting, because I've started to wonder if my supply has gone down as well. But I don't pump, so can't be certain
    F14 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"