January 2015 Moms
Options

Anxiety, anxiety, and more anxiety!

edited October 2014 in January 2015 Moms
There for a while I was feeling really just down and out. So upset all the time. Now that I'm through that, I'm finally really really excited, but these last couple of days I've had anxiety that I haven't felt since my friend died two years ago. I woke up from a nap about an hour ago, and I had the radio on, and the song I Hope You Dance came on and I lost it. I started having anxiety and thoughts about their future over a SONG! I am so scared for how they will feel about life when they get older, and who they will be. If they'll ever love and how they'll treat people. It's not even that I'm having anxiety over things that I feel most people worry about. It's just things I have no control over. The closer I get to having the girls the more I feel like I'm going to somehow go wrong in being their mother. I am so scared to be the mother that mine was to me. With your first, did you worry this much?

Re: Anxiety, anxiety, and more anxiety!

• Options
    It is completely normal, and I think if all of those thoughts didn't fly through your head, then you should be worried.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All the time, I worried. Depression and anxiety can go hand in hand. I'm sorry you're experiencing it. Then after he was here I started feeling anxious that I'd brought him into a horrible world and I thought I'd never have any more kids because of it. Our brains are crazy complicated.
  • Options
    @BriannaCaitlin‌ I think it is normal to feel anxious at times. And with two at the same time you don't even get a starter kid to practice on
    ;) . In all seriousness though I am also starting with twins (two boys). I feel overwhelmed and definitely anxious and have even started crying in the car a few times based on a song that came on the radio. My husband always reminds me when I start the "what if" path of fear that we will do our best, it won't be perfect but that it will be enough.
  • Options
    Worry oh worry worry worry! I find when I fixate on a worry that it is helpful to develop a mantra to repeat to yourself, for instance I used to worry about SIDS risk for my first and second babies. I would repeat to myself: I have a healthy baby and sleep is peaceful and necessary. You have to find what works for you. Perhaps, I will be a good mom. Something that gives you confidence and strength.
  • Options
    I absolutely worry all the time but like PP said if it's feeling too much, please seek the advice of a professional
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Totally normal to feel anxious, but if it's feeling too much, please do talk to your doctor and consider speaking with a qualified psychologist. Mental health issues like depression and anxiety disorders are very common during pregnancy and fairly easy to improve with proper and prompt medical attention.

This! I'm sorry you're going through this.

P.S. How is your psycho MIL?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"