Trouble TTC
Options

HSG Results and Advice??

Finally got my HSG results today. My tubes looked great. It was noted to tell me that my cervix is "abnormally large" in the exterior opening but the internal cervix opening seems to be "quite narrow". Ok? Not sure what to do with that bit of info. I was told before the HSG that depending on the results the next step was the laproscopy or sending me on to a Fertility clinic. Nurse was supposed to call me back with answers but the Dr was called out so I have to wait until Tuesday because they are closed on Fridays & he's at the hospital on Mondays. I'm relieved that my tubes look good but still frustrated because I have no more answers than I did. (Progesterone came back normal, DH's SA came back normal) I was able to get in the note to the Dr that my aunt had stenosis of the cervix in case he wants to try something along those lines.

Here's my questions in case any of you have some advice. Did any of you have a laproscopy once you saw an RE or was it before? It would be handy for us to have it done here instead of 5 hours away but if the RE doesn't need/want one we really don't want to pay OOP. Plus, I've had a bad experience with ansthesia so thats another reason why we are a little hesitant on the laproscopy. Also, since I've been seeing my regular OB/GYN for all the initial testing, what should we expect from an RE? Last question. DH thinks that they should just be able to do a CT scan or MRI to "look in" & see whats going on inside me. I haven't been able to make him understand that it doesn't work that way, so suggestions are helpful. I'm on a roller coaster of emotions today & I hate it. Thanks ladies!

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

9/2014 Progesterone test - Perfect

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

Re: HSG Results and Advice??

• Options

Why do they want to do a lap? Do you have symptoms of endometriosis? Honestly, I wouldn't do it now unless there was a strong suspicion of endo. It's definitely more invasive than the majority of the routine tests a RE will do. I had a lap done because of ectopic, so it as before I saw my RE, but I think a lot of people who go that route do so after working with a RE.

You mentioned having progesterone tested, but what other blood work have you done? A RE will likely test AMH, TSH, FSH, and E2 (and I may be forgetting some....)

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    I haven't had any symptoms of endometriosis that I know of nor has anything been mentioned to me about it, ever. Because of my thyroid cancer, I have my regular endocrinologist who has been monitoring my TSH and the rest of the thyroid panels. What he made it seem to me in our initial consult that it was just an option but more exploratory than anything. That was a question I had for him today but now I had to wait til Tuesday.

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    First of all sorry you are having to go through all this.. I can't help much with the HSG results as I haven't had one yet...  I am meeting my RE for the first time on Tuesday so I will keep you updated as far as what to expect. I posted a similar questions a week or so ago, feel free to go look at that post the ladies had great advice.  As for the hubby.. You might need to have a talk with him about what the female system really is.. So many guys honestly have no clue.. I have had to explain everything to my hubby and he was shocked at how everything really worked.. As for why MRI and CT scans don't show what all is going on that is a valid question.. I honestly wonder at times myself.. I had CT and MRI scans to check for cancer every three months and they can seriously see my old blood clot in my brain, every surgery I had had, even found osteonecrosis ( death of bone), infection, the list goes on and on for what they have seen in those scans... I wish they could show us all the answers!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    The RE is the one who did my laparoscopy, that made me feel great because I knew he saw everything firsthand and was also designing our treatment plan. I actually had a stenotic cervix, similar to you the external part was normal so the OB never noticed with Paps and they were able to get the HSG catheter and IUI catheter in like halfway, but not to my uterus. Dilating a stenotic cervix can be a (painful) outpatient procedure, but my RE just did it at the same time as my lap. A dilator was removed 3 days after the surgery to make sure it didn't close back up. He said he ended up having to cut some tissue so it was good that I was under anesthesia.

Sorry you didn't get better answers yet. Since there's not a good clear reason for IF (other than perhaps cervical factor), I would probably want to work with the RE before moving on to surgery.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    I am getting my lap after seeing my RE for like 9 months.  I do have symptoms of endo but we still wanted to try and see.  But we are here, so it's the last thing we are doing this year.  
    Me (29), DH (32)
    Aug 2011  - Married
    Jan 2013   - Started TTC
    Jan 2014   - OB started some testing 
                         - HSG - Normal
                         - Ultrasound - Normal
                         - SA - Normal, but tested positive for Ureaplasma
                         - Both of us on antibiotics to treat ureaplasma
                         - Blood work - progesterone: 15.9, TSH: 0.89, FT4: 1.2, Prolactin: 33.4 
    Feb 2014   - Endometrial Biopsy - Normal
    Mar 2014   - Prolactin: 22.9, referred to RE
    Apr 2014   - First RE appointment, put on medication for high prolactin levels 
                      - Clomid (50 mg) 1 follicle, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - Second SA - All Normal, borderline morph (5%) 
    May 2014   - Clomid (100mg) 2 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - blood work: Estradiol: 32.7, FSH: 5.3, Prolactin: 14.1
    June 2014  - IUI #1, Clomid (150 mg), 3 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN 
    July 2014   - IUI #2, Clomid (150 mg), 4 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
    Aug 2014   - IUI #3, Femara 2.5, 3 follicles, Trigger shot (first time done by DH!!) - BFN
                      - Hysteroscopy - Normal
    Sept 2014 - IUI #4 Femara 2.5, 1 follicle, possibility of another one, Trigger shot - BFN
                       -Progesterone test 4 DPIUI - 7.8...started crinone.
    Oct 2014 - IUI #5 Follistim 150 3 possibly 4 follicles - Trigger Shot - BFN
    Oct/Nov 2014 - Follistim 150 with TI & Trigger shot - ???

**October Siggy Challenge**

I don't even know what he is supposed to be!

**EVERYONE WELCOME!! :)**

• Options
    Thank you ladies so much for your feedback. You all helped reaffirm everything I was thinking. DH & I talked a lot after he got in from the fields late last night. I think we're going to wait on the lap & see what the RE says.

@BunnyBerry‌, what was the recovery time/pain level for you?

@SND1231‌ I am going to look at that post but look forward to hearing how your appointment went. Good luck on Tuesday!

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

• Options
    Good luck!

The worst was recovery from anesthesia - thought I was going to die as they forced me to wake up so they could get me out of the hospital by 9pm (my surgery start time had been delayed several hours).

I definitely needed the hydrocodone/tylenol pills, and felt it if I waited too long, but there were only a couple days when I wish I could take one sooner...and I was able to use very few, stopping after maybe 5 days? Can't quite recall.

I didn't move unnecessarily for days. Took it really easy, wore loose dresses or stretchy skirts for weeks. Even 2 months later areas were still tender. Out of 3 incisions, 2 healed pretty easily but one is still a bit raw 2.5 months later (always rubbed by underwear elastic).
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"