February 2013 Moms
Options

Just a day...

This is just a little whiny post.  nothing major happened today, but I feel like I wasn't the best mom I could be, you know?  Two kitchen appliances are acting up/broken, so I spent a huge amount of time on the phone (mostly on hold) trying to speak to someone regarding warranties and repairs.  Poor DS has kind of been left to his own devices today, watching TV (which I don't usually let him do in the daytime, but I needed him to be quiet so I could hear the people on the phone).

anyways, no real point to this post, other than I feel like I'm being a passive paernt today.  Sigh.

Re: Just a day...

• Options
    Eh, we all have those days, you're still a good parent! :-)

We're potentially resorting to some TV-as-babysitter time tomorrow.  Our regular babysitter is out of time and my mom already has plans, so the idea will be (if DD doesn't amuse herself with her toys) for DH to put a movie on in the morning while he works from home and I go into the office.  Then I'll head home to take care of lunch and get DD down for her nap, then head back to work and come home when she wakes up.  It's less than ideal, but it's not a regular thing, so I'm not going to worry about it. ;-)

• Options
    I agree, we all have those days when we have to get other things done. I haven't slept through the night in so long and DD refuses to nap that j resorted to TV today too just so I could shut my eyes for a few minutes. I felt guilty too, at least you were being productive!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"