Formula Feeding
Options

How many oz are you feeding?

Hi! I am looking for some advice & opinions. My LO is 11 weeks old. She is currently drinking 4oz every 2 hours unless she is sleeping. At her 2 month appt she was drinking only 3 oz but her Dr felt we should increase it. He also wanted us to add 1tsp of rice cereal due to her reflux. Well the cereal doesnt seem to help. She is still spitting up alot its just thicker. At daycare today they told me they think she is over full and shouldn't be eating every 2 hours. She definitely acts hungry, so I'm at a loss. I want to do whats best but we can't seem to find a happy medium. Any advice would be great. And just out of curiosity - how much are you feeding your LO's?

Re: How many oz are you feeding?

• Options
    5 weeks - 3oz every 2 hours 3.5oz if I'm lucky .. He always wants to eat every two hours
  • Options
    7 weeks and he is drinking 5 oz every 3-4 hours.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    5 weeks today and drinking 3oz every 3-4 hours. We had our one month appointment and I asked our pediatrician about if we should increase it. He said DS will show he wants more and to just go with that. I asked if we needed to wake him up in the MOTN for feedings and he said at this point no. If he will sleep, let him sleep and he will let us know if he is hungry. I don't have any advice for you but wanted to say good luck! BTW-Have you tried switching formula type? I ask because my neighbor had a similar issue and it helped by switching the type of formula.
    Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

• Options
    Almost 11 weeks, and he eats 5.5-6 oz. five times per day.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    4 months, 4oz every 2-3 hours with an average of 1 middle of the night feed.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    9 weeks and drinking 4-6 oz every 3-4 hours.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    5 weeks, 4-5 oz every 3-4hrs, sometimes 5 hrs overnight if we're lucky. I just base it off my ds queues. I start out with at least 2-2.5 oz in the bottle since I know he'll at least take that, then burp him and read his queues then give him another 1-1.5 oz depending on how long it's been since he last ate. I basically will keep giving him more in small increments but not exceeding 5 oz overall usually. Did that once and learned our lesson. He's a different baby each day though lol. Like this morning he only took 3 oz over 40 min after 4.5 hrs since his last feeding. He kept falling asleep. I should also mention I have a pretty big dude too, he's almost 11 lbs at 5 weeks.
  • Options
    My 14 week old son drinks 6 oz every 3-4 hours and sleeps through the night.  We were worried we were feeding him too much based on some of the guidelines supplied by the formula companies, but our doctor says he's doing great.  He's way ahead of the curve on length for his age, so needs those extra ounces.
  • Options
    14 weeks and does 5 oz every 3 hrs. Sleeps thru the night. First bottle anywhere between 5-7. Last 8ish.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    4 weeks, 3-4 oz every 2-3 hrs.
  • Options
    9 weeks, 4-6 oz every 3-4 hours
  • Options
    10 weeks, 2-4oz every 3ish hours, only 1 overnight feed
  • Options
    16 wks and 6 oz every 3-4 hrs and STTN. He seems to be content with a total of 24-28 oz a day.
  • Options
    3 months -- 3-5 oz every 3 hours, sometimes he's hungry after as little as 2 hours, sleeps through the night.
  • Options
    idk if this helps but we had to switch formula and that helped alot. She also had a heart defect whiched caused her to eat less but now that that is fixed she is 5 months and eats between 5 to 6 oz every 4 hours but sleeps through the night. She is also on the smaller size. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LO is 1 week old and were feeding her about 2-4oz about every 3 to 4 hours.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

4 months, 6 oz. every 3-4 hours. No overnight feeding.

To make it more relevant to your situation we were at 4 oz. every 2 or 3 hours when our LO was the same age as yours. We didn't battle with reflux though so no cereal to compare it to. I am wondering if, aside from the reflux, if your LO Might be throwing up also because the cereal mixture is too thick/heavy for her little tummy?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"