Pregnant after a Loss
Options

***LOSS MENTIONED- Misoprostol prescribed for blighted ovum

Has anyone else used this drug after being diagnosed with a blighted ovum? I have just started it today and am feeling nervous about what to expect. My doctor have me pain meds, Ibuprofen 800, and anti-nausea medicine, which seems like a lot but hopefully will help me through this process.

I also wanted to thank each one of you beautiful ladies who have responded to my questions, given me support, sent thoughts, prayers, and hugs my way. It has meant so much to me to have people be there for me and understand what I am going through. I have high hopes for a future h&h 9 months when this is all over. Love to each of you and goodbye, for now.

Re: ***LOSS MENTIONED- Misoprostol prescribed for blighted ovum

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I took it for both of my losses (one was a blighted ovum). I placed the 4 tablets and started cramping and bleeding maybe 5 hours later, I don't remember exactly. I put in the other 4 the next day just to be sure it was complete. Heating pads in addition to pain meds was really helpful. My stomach was really upset even though I took zofran, so having snacks frequently helped.

I hope everything goes smoothly. (( hugs ))
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    I'm really sorry for your loss. I took it for my last loss (not a BO). Mine were placed about 4 and it was over by about 11. I took the pain meds, but I wasn't really in a lot of pain. I'll be thinking of you.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I have used methotrexate but not misoprostol.
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    OP, so sorry for your loss. 

My original diagnosis was a blighted ovum, but I did NOT want to take miso. I waited for my body to pass it, but it did not. I demanded a D&C and THANK GOD I did b/c it turned out I had a molar pregnancy and I would have never known without the D&C. Once you have a molar pregnancy you have to be tested for it with each pregnancy, and you don't know unless you have a pathology report done. 

I am no doctor, and I am only speaking on my own opinion, but I will always spend the money for the D&C. 

Good luck with the miso, but remember there are more options that MAY give you more answers. 
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"