2nd Trimester
Options

Spraying for ants at my work?

So I'm sitting here at my desk and some guy with a silver cannister and spray nozzle walks by and sprays all of the windows for ants, not five feet away from my desk. Seriously? They can't wait an hour for everyone to leave?

Google results about whether or not this is hazardous are mixed. Anyone have any knowledge as to if this is dangerous? My hypochondria is kicking in and I'm really not happy about having to breath these chemicals in.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spraying for ants at my work?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure if you're in a well ventilated office and you aren't huffing it you're fine.
  • Options
    your probably fine but i would still make a stink about it. they could ahve waited and that's very rude to spray a chemical around a pregnant woman. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    And don't go licking the window sill either. Seriously. You're fine.
  • Options
    My husband is an exterminator. Here's what I can offer: most ant repellents are perfectly safe for humans & animals however the technician that came to spray should have been told to spray after hours or you should have been told by your employer to leave the immediate area while the treatment was being applied. Basic etiquette. Period.
    No harm will come to you or your baby however IMO having anyone spray for pests 5 feet from a pregnant woman is rude and inconsiderate.
    I would talk to HR and let them know that you would like a heads when the tech returns to spray so you can leave your desk while the pesticides are being applied.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"