June 2015 Moms
Options

Experience with Finacea for Acne During Pregnancy?

My skin tends to break out when I'm stressed and I was using something called Aczone plus my salycilic acid face wash. When I found out I was pregnant, I stopped using both (aczone is category c) and called my dermatologist who prescribed Finacea for me. Its safe during pregnancy but when I looked it up, it appears to be a medication for rosacea...which I do not have. Has anyone used this for acne and has it worked well? 

Re: Experience with Finacea for Acne During Pregnancy?

• Options
    I haven't used that exact medicine, but I was prescribed a Rosacea medication for my acne before and it worked well. I think it's more of a skin calming and sensitivity thing. Sorry not much help.
  • Options
    I also meant to say, maybe that was your doctor's thought process too. Sensitivity factor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was actually just prescribed this yesterday at my dermatologist appointment. Stopping by my pharmacy on the way home from work to pick it up. It was the only safe option she said and while it probably won't do what the non-pregnant route would, she said it should keep everything at bay. I hope so because my face has been a real mess since I hopped off my BC and I really would love to NOT look like a 13 year old.
    kristine!  B)

me: 33, Factor V Leiden, MTHFR + hubs: 37
    BFP #1: 9/25/14 -- EDD: 6/4/15
    Jesse, our baby boy: 2/25/15 @ 25.6 weeks, 2lbs 2oz & 13.5 inches. spent 66 days in the NICU. <3
    BFP #2: 7/29/16 -- EDD: 3/30/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    baby #2 on the way. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kmleon83 said:
    I was actually just prescribed this yesterday at my dermatologist appointment. Stopping by my pharmacy on the way home from work to pick it up. It was the only safe option she said and while it probably won't do what the non-pregnant route would, she said it should keep everything at bay. I hope so because my face has been a real mess since I hopped off my BC and I really would love to NOT look like a 13 year old.
    Lol, so true. Getting off of BC, switching my face wash, hormones, and going off of acne medication is a bad combination for my skin. Hopefully it works out well. From what I can tell, there's not really another option
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"