Cloth Diapering
Options

Snappi Question

Another newbie question. I did a quick search and didn't see anything but I will admit I didn't dig too deeply. My daughter is asleep and I'm hoping to get this answered before she wakes up and needs her diaper changed.

Today marks day 1 of cloth diapers. My flats, snappis and covers came yesterday and I got the diapers prepped last night. I was practicing some folds while she slept to know what I was doing before her first change, and noticed the Snappi put a couple of good sized holes into my GMD flats. Is that normal? I mean I know I'm puncturing fabric with a sharp object, but are they going to rip to pieces or anything? Am I doing something wrong? I also have a package of pins, which seem like they would leave a bigger hole but at least it would be 1 instead of 5..

Do you prefer snappis or pins? DD is 15 months and hates being changed so I thought the Snappi would be faster and less likely to stab her on accident.

Re: Snappi Question

• Options
    The small holes are normal.

I prefer snappis. I feel like they give a more secure hold and I don't worry about stabbing a wiggly child.

But I can also tell my daughter that the pin is very sharp so she needs to lay still while I pin it, and she understands and listens for that part.

And welcome to the dark side! Life is better over here ;-)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As long as it's not poking through and scratching your LO, you should be fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I agree with what the previous posters said about the little holes.

I use a snappi for prefolds but I use a pin for her ON sbish. She is pretty good about staying still during changes so for now I don't have to worry about poking her with the pin.

• Options
    I used snappis on our prefolds and while they did make grip holes, they didn't go all the way through and you couldn't see them after washing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"