Cloth Diapering

Time change

I just looked it up and the time changes on November 2nd. How do you deal with this. The last time change she was so little it was no biggie, but this time at nearly a year old I am scared to death. She goes to bed at 8:00 and it's generally up for the day at 6:15. When I say she goes to bed at 8:00 I mean I fight to keep her up from 7 untill bed time. It would kill us if she got up earlier. I was thinking of keeping her up till 9, but that will be an extra hour of mad sleepy baby that drives me crazy. How do you plan to deal with this, an I overthinking this? Will she just fall in to line?

Re: Time change

• A has always just adjusted. You SAH, don't you ? I may worry more if I WOH, but A always adjusted within a few days.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Also: UGHHHHHH because I effinghate the time change formy own personal reasons.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Instead of going the full hour, maybe try splitting the difference.  Keep her up half an hour extra for a night or two, then get back on the normal schedule with the new time.
    E has never really had much trouble.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I do SAH, but she sleeps with us after her first wake up, generally around 2-4. DH is a light sleeper and is way grumpy if he doesn't get enough sleep. He generally works 11-12 hour days then works the ranch when he gets home. So every minute is super important. I guess I would add 15 minutes to bed time over the next few days to help us all adjust.
  • Sometimes kids will actually sleep later if they go to bed earlier. We just keep everything at the same time of day (so 7 o'clock bath time becomes 6 o'clock bath time) and then things tend to slowly shift on their own.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I changed our routine by 15 or 20 minutes and all is well in a few days.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • Like @Rrrrrachel‌ said, sometimes earlier bedtime doesn't meal earlier wake time. Have you tried letting her go down earlier to see if she will still sleep until her normal time?

• I have always just put DS down an hour earlier (so really the same time of day) when the time changes and he will wake up a little earlier, but not a whole hour earlier.  I think it's because he wakes up in response to DH getting ready for work and if that's not happening, he'll sleep in.
  • I'm probably overly worried. I should really make her stay in her bed all night and we would all sleep better. We adjust so I guess she will to.
  • Also, you said you struggled to keep her up for the last hour?  Have you ever tried letting her go to bed when she starts to get tired?  I know a lot of people say their children will actually sleep later in the morning if they go to bed earlier at night.  It seems counter-intuitive, but it works for some. 
  • So did the big ones call their own shots when they were small? So you can overcome that? Cuz I feel like we are being played over and over these days.
    I had a snarky response ready to go, but really I just want to offer a reassuring pat on the back-especially after your winter car naps comment in the other thread. It will get better. She can't guilt-puke you forever.
    I'd be ok with some snark. I feel like someone needs to tell us if we are being too soft. My guess is yes. Damn the gag reflex. Stupid sleep consultant has a month wait.  Apparently we aren't alone?
    Have you read the Ferber book?  I'm pretty sure the whole gag/puke thing is addressed in it.
  • Logan will wake up around 8am no matter what time he goes to bed. He goes to bed between 830pm to 10pm.

If I remember right, he woke up earlier for a while, but eventually settled into his normal time. He was only 7 months old, then, so maybe I'm making it up. ;)
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• If she's trying to go to bed at 7 instead of 8 this time change may not be as bad since we fall back an hour so 7 to her will be 8 by the clock.....no idea what you should do come spring though.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Or wait....did I get MY clock confused.?

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • When she had an earlier bed time (7) she got up earlier (5:30). Going to bed earlier also ended up with us not eating supper untill 9:00. You'll get no snark from me on bedtime routines, if it works for you go for it!
  • P got up at 3:30 and felt like dancing around and jabbering in our bed until 4:30. Though she's still sleeping now, so I'll slink out of this discussion.

• I actually had an opportunity to get DS1 to bed earlier last night, which he did, then he slept about an hour later in the morning. And DS2 slept from 8:30-4:30. This all would have been great if DS1 hadn't gotten up at 1 or 2, taken an hour to go back to sleep, get out of bed again to look for me even though I was still in the room, finally go to sleep for good, and then me lie awake for another hour or so waiting for DS2 to wake because my boobs hurt.
  • Omfg. E has been fighting her nap for an hour. She never does this. I also blame this thread.
    And I also feel so much sympathy for those of you that deal with this daily. What the effing eff.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Crap. Time change. I always forget. Are we falling back this week?

I love winter and the time change. I plan on just moving his bedtime to flow the clock. Or sleeping cues. Or if we have company over. Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bumping this because my toddler has been up twice already, and that's before 12:30. He was doing so well lately. I'm blaming this thread.
  • And DS2 just pooped after I got him down. Now I have to get him to sleep again...
  • We fell back on Sunday morning. DS has been having sleep disruption due to a cold, though, so the time change doesn't seem to matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"