3rd Trimester
Options

getting your cervix checked

It actually hurts me. It's painful. Anyone else experience this?

Re: getting your cervix checked

• Options
    It's uncomfortable for sure, but I wouldn't say it was painful. OB wasn't going to check (29w) but was concerned with my mention of how many BH I was having that day, so she checked.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It was always painful for me when my doctor would check. Then when I went to the hospital to be induced and the nurse checked, it wasn't at all painful. Haha maybe hand size? No idea. But just make sure not to tense up, that makes it worse.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first I would have said it was uncomfortable but not painful. With this one, it hurts every time. My doctor this time around is very tiny, though, and has to "stretch" further to feel, if that makes sense. I'm guessing that's why it hurts.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep, it's painful for me too.
  • Options
    Yes, I found them extremely painful.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I found them to be extremely painful until the most recent at 36 1/2 weeks. Not sure why this one was different. The others were done in L&D by nurses and doctors. This one was my own OB, who's hand is actually bigger. Not sure ... But they were awful to this point. So bad that I fainted and started dry heaving once from a vasovagal reaction. Bleh
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    They are painful for me too. I will have one tomorrow morning, and I am dreading it already! I have been having a lot of contractions on and off though, so I am curious to know if they are actually getting me anywhere.
  • Options
    They were painful for me but not unbearable.i dislike them bc they set you up to be disappointed.i went to the hospital with contractions only to be sent home at a fingertip dilation. I was so discouraged that when real contractions came the following day I ignored them until DH made me call,I got to the hospital and was 6 cm. TLDR: take the information you get from them with a grain of salt!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Doesn't hurt for me at all, only slightly uncomfortable. I try to stay relaxed during checks, maybe that helps?
  • Options
    I had one around 34 weeks because I was having weird pains, but declined it this week. I asked why they wanted to do it and they said to get a baseline, so when I reminded them that they did it two weeks ago they were okay not doing it. I'm not planning to do another until I'm 38-39 weeks, or I feel the need to (e.g., having contractions). Just don't see the point.
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options
    gmiller05 said:

It actually hurts me. It's painful. Anyone else experience this?

Yes.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've only had one, around 28 weeks I think, because I was showing some other signs of preterm labor (luckily turned out to be nothing).  It was definitely painful.  Haven't had one sense (I'm 36 weeks).  When did they start doing them regularly?  
  • Options
    They were painful for me with my last two pregnancies. I'm dreading having them done again with this one. I thought I was the only one. The nurses/dr always seemed surprised when I reacted with pain when they checked.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Mine were sickeningly painful around 32 weeks (checked a few times bc of contractions) and just this last one at 36 wasn't too bad. But the 32 week check was so bad I fainted and started dry heaving ... Not a typical reaction, but it hurt so bad the nurse was like "so you're getting the epidural right".... Makes me feel slightly better that this last one was just uncomfortable but NOT painful. I would say it depends on your lady bits that day, hormones, maybe how anxious you are about it... And also the person doing it. I'm convinced this OB is just "better" than the on call doc and nurse that checked in L&D (idk how he's better, but it seemed quicker)
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I never felt that they hurt....just uncomfortable.

This time around I'm having a repeat C-section, so I'm going to pass on them anyway.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yes very uncomfortable
  • Options
    The first one was painful and that was at 36 weeks and the 2nd one wasn't. Having it checked regularly can help the labor process so you mine as well let them. It'll get less painful plus just remember to relax and breathe. I think it's more uncomfortable getting a pap smear in my opinion
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"