December 2014 Moms

Middle name suggestions???

hi ladies! It's been a while since I've posted :( I've had my babe's name picked since 16 wks when we found out he was a HE but as we near 33 weeks im starting to feel middle name anxiety...His first name will be Dorien and I promised daddy that his initials would be DNW same as his. His dad's middle name is Nathaniel which Im not a huge fan of :-/ please help me think of some good middle name ideas...any of you ladies having name anxiety?

Re: Middle name suggestions???

• edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually really like Nathaniel, so that gets my vote :)  

Other suggestions:

Nathan
    Nicholas
    Nolan
    Noah
    Nate

I'm still liking Nathaniel better than these though.  All the other ones I can think of, like Nelson, sound like last names.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Shorten it to Nate or Nathan? Nicholas is nice. Noah... Very little can be worse than my great grandpa who went by Newt ;)
  • edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • December baby....maybe Noel?
  • I like Nicholas too that's the only thing that popped into mind and I think it sounds good too :) I'm in the same boat. DH and I have decided on Connor for the first name but are having trouble with the middle name. His family doesn't like Connor---they'd prefer (no joke) "Guy Solomon"...
  • My nephew's name is Nathaniel so that also gets my vote! But of the other suggestions, I like Nicholas also. We settled on our LO's name a few weeks ago so no anxiety over here, but go with your gut!

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • Nathaniel and Nicholas are nice and flow well.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• I like Dorian Nicolas. The only time I ever heard Dorian, was Oscar wildes character. Thought it was a purely masculine name.
  • I've heard more women named Dorian and I thought adding an E would make it a little more masculine being that I have a female relative that spells it with an A.I do like Nicolas and Noel but I was thinking Noel may be feminine as well so idk how hubby will feel about TWO unisex names
  • And I would have loved to just used Gray as the middle name but unfortunately doesn't start with N :(
  • krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited October 2014

Dorien Neil?

Dorien Noel?

Dorien Nelson?

Dorien Niles?

Dorien Nixon?

Dorien Nash?

• I've heard more women named Dorian and I thought adding an E would make it a little more masculine being that I have a female relative that spells it with an A.I do like Nicolas and Noel but I was thinking Noel may be feminine as well so idk how hubby will feel about TWO unisex names
    Noel is definitely masculine (IMO). Noelle would be feminine.
  • I like Nicolas too :)
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I spoke to hubby and he's against the baby having his middle name, Nathaniel since he's not going to be a jr. Ugh [-(
  • Nicolai, Noah or Nero. Or Neo. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My first son is Nicolae.(After his dad) nico for Short.
    That's the Romanian way of spelling Nicolai, Nikolai
  • I prefer Dorian (with an "a") if paired with Nicholas or Nathaniel (due to "a's" in both names -- yeah, I'm picky about that stuff).
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• I only know one person named Dorian and he's male, so I have always thought of it as a masculine name.  Haven't seen Dorien before.  
    My vote would be for Nicholas or Niall.

BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brookey79‌ ‌ how do you pronounce Niall?
  • Dorian reminds me of Dorian Gray, which is a story by Oscar Wilde. I think it's a nice name. Maybe Dorian Noah?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • There is one more Dorian I can think of and its a male. The bad tough guy from the movie the mask, with Jim Carey
  • Before I read your whole post, I thought Nathaniel. Someone else suggested Nash, which I like as well. Middle names don't have to be your favorite name, I like when they have a special meaning. Maybe Nathaniel can be a new tradition for you to pass down?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"