Pregnant after a Loss

Rough few days, any experience with cerlclage?

So the past few days have been a whirlwind to say the least. I switched doctors because I didn't feel I was being monitored or taken care of properly and looks like I made the right choice. I went to a highly recommended doctor Monday who discovered my cervix was short and contracting/opening a little. He sent me to a MFM who confirmed and I needed to go to the hospital yesterday and have an emergency cerclage at 22 wks and 5 days. I needed an epidural which I was terrified of course. Never did I anticipate needing this kind of treatment and I am pretty rattled by it an now of course fearing pre mature labor and losing my long awaited miracle :( does anyone have experience with cerclages? Please share if you don't mind .. I'm totally freaking out

Me (30) DH (31) Married 5/13, TTC since 2/13
BFP #1 Blighted Ovum resulting in D&C on 11/1/13
BFP #2 Ectopic Pg, lap surgery on 3/12/14, R tube removed

BFP # 3, EDD 2/21/15 * please be our rainbow*

Re: Rough few days, any experience with cerlclage?

• No experience, but I wanted to send ((HUGS) along with T&Ps that you are able to bake your LO for several more months.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• I don't have direct experience but one of my BFFs had cerclages placed early. (She unfortunately didn't know she was having an issue with her first baby and delivered at 19 weeks. She dilated silently.) anyway, she was on bedrest after the cerclages were placed with #2 and #3. They were removed around 36 weeks with each. Both babies were born healthy:):)

SO glad you switched to a doctor who caught the changes in your cervix! Stay cooking little one!
  • Loading the player...
  • No advice. Just sending you huge hugs and Ts&Ps that your little one stays cooking for several more months.
    ((( hugs )))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my second cerclage! It is weird at first but you'll get used to it. It seems really invasive, but I am grateful to "keep the cork in the bottle" so to speak. Also...my diagnosis of incompetent cervix is really the first time in my life my ANYTHING has been called "incompetent" so that took me awhile to get over as well.

The pelvic rest part of it is also difficult. Be good to yourself. If this is your first pregnancy (or your first pregnancy this far) it seems like the next 15 weeks to 37 weeks will go by really slow but before you know it they will be saying it's time to take the stitch out (and probably have a baby!). And then if you're like me you'll be like WHAT? I'm good PREGNANT. I'm fine. LOL!

If you need anything you can PM me or whatever.

Pull up a sticky seat next to this incompetent biotch from Chicago. ;)

BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Sending you lots of good thoughts.

EDD 5/2/14, NMC 9/11/13
    EDD 10/15/14, CP 2/8/14

IF Diagnosis: PCOS, MFI 

Current Cycle: 5 mg Femara/1000mg Metformin + TI = BFP, EDD 4/23/15 Please be our RAINBOW

**ALL AL/IF Welcome**
    My Chart

• No advice but I'm so glad your new dr caught it in time!!
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • I had to get one at 13 weeks with this pg. I went into labor at 28 weeks, lasted until 34 with full bed rest with DS. So far so good. He still thinks I'll go early but we will see! Good luck!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • No experience, but I was at risk and monitored by an MFM for a long time - never ended up needing the cerclage after all.

Just wanted to say I know this must be a very stressful time for you, but (((hugs))) and try to take care of yourself.  Your MFM should be monitoring your progress regularly and they will make sure you get the best care.

BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• I don't have experience with this, but just wanted to say I'm so glad you switched doctors. You did a good thing taking care of yourself and your little one. Well done, mamma!
  • Thank you so much for your replies. I am still so terrified I will deliver too soon but my new OB seems confident I can to full term or very close to it so I'm trying to just trust him. This has been a crazy roller coaster ride

Me (30) DH (31) Married 5/13, TTC since 2/13
    BFP #1 Blighted Ovum resulting in D&C on 11/1/13
    BFP #2 Ectopic Pg, lap surgery on 3/12/14, R tube removed

BFP # 3, EDD 2/21/15 * please be our rainbow*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"