Trying to Get Pregnant

WFD?

Today is a terrible horrible rainy day in New England and the only thing that has me in a decent mood is knowing I have dinner going in the crockpot. 
So I ask....Whats for dinner?

For us the menu tonight is homemade pulled pork and yummy corn bread casserole. 
January Siggy Challange- July 15

BabyFruit Tickerimage

Re: WFD?

• I'm already jealous of your dinner!

Dude, I'm in Mass and for a hot minute it looked like it was clearing up...and now it's not. Monsoon part 2?
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Grilled veges (onion, zucchini, grape tomato and eggplant) with Quinoa - yum!

@Meggos1988‌ your dinner sounds amazing!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in Mass as well so this cold rain makes me want to be lazy! It will most likely be pizza or DH will cook if he wants something else. All I know is I have no intentions of cooking tonight! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTGP December siggy challenge
    workout fail

Married 5/22/10, DD born 8/24/11, ttc #2 sept '14
     5wks

• @3houlagirl Home made sauce is amazing! 

@negirl824 & @wine&cupcakes I just battled the masspikepocolpypse for 3 hours I hear yea! It rains and know one knows how to drive.... I can wait for the snow! 

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• @3houlagirl Home made sauce is amazing! 

@negirl824 & @wine&cupcakes I just battled the masspikepocolpypse for 3 hours I hear yea! It rains and know one knows how to drive.... I can wait for the snow! 
    oh gosh don't say snow yet! People hear the word snow and they put on their brakes haha. I did 25 in a 45 for way to long this morning because of this rain! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTGP December siggy challenge
    workout fail

Married 5/22/10, DD born 8/24/11, ttc #2 sept '14
     5wks

• Chicken and dumplings!  or as we say dumplins
  • Bagel pizzas and Caesar salad. Something simple due to meetings after school today.
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• I'm depressed I caved to POAS this morning and now I've just disappointed myself for the day. At what age did we learn about patience?
    If the rain lets up we are suppose to go to a Halloween parade in town tonight. Chick-fil-a either way!

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Pork chops with apples and onions, brown rice and quinoa, and salad.
  • Today is a terrible horrible rainy day in New England and the only thing that has me in a decent mood is knowing I have dinner going in the crockpot. 

So I ask....Whats for dinner?

For us the menu tonight is homemade pulled pork and yummy corn bread casserole. 
    Omg thank you for reminding me it's my turn to make dinner. Crockpot BBQ chicken
  • Bee1112Bee1112 member
    edited October 2014
    Homemade chicken fried rice.

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • @lovegirlledcheese Your dinner sounds delicious.  Recipe please?   :D

My FIL is in town visiting and a huge fisherman, so he is coming over to cook whatever today's catch ends up being.  We will also probably grill some veggies as well.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • @lovedgrilledcheese wow the mushroom artichoke casserole sounds so good, recipe please?

I really need to go grocery shopping. I think it might wind up being a taco night, or homemade pizza night.  Depends what H feels more in the mood for too. 

• @3houlagirl Homemade alfredo sauce is the best!!! Tonight is going to be a pretty simple dinner. Rice, beans, some fajita-seasoned chicken sausage, cheese, and maybe some chopped lettuce and tomato, thrown together al la Chipotle burrito bowl.
  • I have made fairly elaborate dinners so far this week and I am working late again tonight, so I am thinking Nachos in the oven with refried black beans, rotel, onions, ground turkey and extra sharp cheddar.  
  • @amc2511‌ Chipolte yes and YES

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• I'm thinking chili tonight
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you OP for reminding me!! I'm trying an experiment, kind of like a chicken pot pie without the crust, granted crust is the best part, but wanted to use the Crock Pot! I put trimmed chicken breast, frozen mixed veggies and 2 cans of Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup all in the crock pot. It's super quick, not all fresh obviously, but I think it's going to be yummy!!
    If you break up pieces of the Pillsbury flaky biscuits and put them on top of this for the last half hour, it is amazing. It is basically my lazy version of chicken and dumplings.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • I also live in MA.  Ugh!  This weather sucks!  I'll have to cook something tonight, we ordered take out last night from the place up the street because neither myself nor DH would go out to pick up food.  It took 70 minutes and our food was cold...should have known better! 

I have some frozen parmesan crusted tilapia, I think I'll do that with some rice and veggies (also frozen, we were out of town this weekend and now it's raining so grocery shopping just hasn't happened). 

I'm jealous of everyone else's dinners.  Especially the crock pot ones, and @madamewaffles   I'd love tacos & margaritas!!!

• I can't think about dinner when j haven't had lunch. For lunch we have a salad with no dressing and two hard boiled eggs.

Can you tell its day one of my diet? I need to love the ten pounds I gained since I got married :-(

~**~Me (27) <3 DH (30)~**~
    **Love = August 12, 2012**
    **Marriage = July 4, 2014**
    **Baby Carriage = TBD**

Anniversary
  • I'm in MA, too, and agree the weather has me in a funk (or compounding my funk for other reasons). I've made yummy dinners all week but now we're out of food at the house...so...reading this list for inspiration. Or ordering pizza.

Fwiw, I made chicken thighs in a lemon wine sauce one night and then another night with pesto (cheated, store bought) and roasted squash one night/mashed taters the other, steamed kale with both. All were delish and easy just to put out some more inspiration for y'all.

36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • I'm in MA, too, and agree the weather has me in a funk (or compounding my funk for other reasons). I've made yummy dinners all week but now we're out of food at the house...so...reading this list for inspiration. Or ordering pizza.

Fwiw, I made chicken thighs in a lemon wine sauce one night and then another night with pesto (cheated, store bought) and roasted squash one night/mashed taters the other, steamed kale with both. All were delish and easy just to put out some more inspiration for y'all.

@wannabmama23‌ those meals sound delicious! Making things with oven roasted veggies is my latest obsession. Last night I made a roasted fennel and butternut squash soup and it was freaking delicious. I'm heating up the leftovers for lunch as we speak.
  • We are having homemade hamburgers and likely roasted potatoes.

Anniversary

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

• Tonight my DH and I are having chicken and sausage gumbo. :)
  • I can't think about dinner when j haven't had lunch. For lunch we have a salad with no dressing and two hard boiled eggs. Can you tell its day one of my diet? I need to love the ten pounds I gained since I got married :-(
    GL on your diet, maybe someone has a diet friendly meal they can share with you?

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• @bitterrss13 I LOVE grilled chicken! do you marinate it in anything or do you go traditional S&P?

@almachs0789 do you have a recipe for your chicken fried steak? I was looking for something different to do with few steaks we had in the freezer..

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• We're having baked tilapia and one of those overpriced, dirty, and perfectly convenient bagged light caesar salads. Because @meggos1988 mentioned cornbread, I think I'll add cornbread to our dinner too. Obviously wine is a given because reasons.
  • Chilli Cincinnati... I do believe that's what it's called. I dunno, tastes like Indian food to me so I'm having it on rice. DP has it on spaghetti.
  • This is in the oven now:
  • When DH is gone the only excitement I get is planning dinners, so...

Salmon fillet with some kind of Dijon or soy glaze (I haven't decided), Asian salad with wontons and soy dressing, and Jasmine rice. Mmmmmm..... It's not even lunchtime yet!
  • For those of you who use crock pots regularly... You don't have an issue with "crock pot taste?"  Every single time I cook using the crock pot, I find that everything tastes the same.  Like, all the foods in there absorb all the same flavors, and even all the different meals I cook have this... background of the same kind of taste.  I don't know how to describe it, but I don't like cooking in the crock pot for that reason.

I have two different ones, and I always wind up with the same taste no matter which one I use.  Before anyone asks, yes, they're definitely clean.  My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I can't get past that "crock pot taste".  Am I the only one??

My parents complain of this. There are only a few things I make in a crockpot (pulled pork or chicken, baked beans, a couple of soups), but I personally don't find it to be an issue.
  • @divinemsbee - Congrats to your husband! 

I am echoing everyone else who lives in Mass...this weather sucks. It's a Frito Chili Pie kinda night! 
    DH (28) & Me (28)
    Married 08/11
    TTC #1: July 2014

DEC SIGGY CHALLENGE: FAV HOLIDAY MOVIE - THE HOLIDAY

• jgrace82 said:

Chilli Cincinnati... I do believe that's what it's called. I dunno, tastes like Indian food to me so I'm having it on rice. DP has it on spaghetti.

Cincinnati chili? Chili with chocolate and cinnamon?

Nope. But that could be good. It's ground beef stewed with tomatoes and Indian spices. I love it
  • jgrace82 said:

jgrace82 said:

Chilli Cincinnati... I do believe that's what it's called. I dunno, tastes like Indian food to me so I'm having it on rice. DP has it on spaghetti.

Cincinnati chili? Chili with chocolate and cinnamon?
    Nope. But that could be good. It's ground beef stewed with tomatoes and Indian spices. I love it

ETA. There is cinnamon involved
  • Pork chops, green bean with garlic and olive oil and herb roasted potatoes. I over cooked the potatoes.
    DH:34 Me:25
    Married July 2013 
    TTC #1 since May 2014 
    CP June 2014

Pic Monkey Collage 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • https://greatideas.people.com/2014/10/21/wine-halloween-candy-pairings/

Just putting this here so y'all can appropriately plan for Halloween night. I know what I'm having for dinner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"