Trouble TTC

Motivation to conceive turned into ? **child mentioned**

Hey girls,

Bright and early *almost* Friday morning to you! I'm getting introspective too early, I know.

Since our losses, RE testing, risk discussion and more discussion, hashing out our chances with treatments...on and on...I feel like it's becoming more about the process. I'm more focussed on the goal, the clinical side, achieving conception.

**child mentioned**

Somehow I've lost the motivation for an actual baby...? I don't think about a cute little squishy face or first smiles anymore. My thought process has changed, I think. Since diagnosis (Luteal phase defect, MTHFR, factor V) and treatment plan (Letrazole/ progesterone, Folgard, Lovenox) I feel more into what that will do, chances it will give us. If it works what due date we'll have, what that timing will mean. And I worry about the crazy stress from a newborn not sleeping. Our first medicated cycle starts next week...maybe it's cold feet?

Gold star if you read this far. I guess I'm not looking for an answer, just thought maybe some of you went through or are going through these feelings?

Re: Motivation to conceive turned into ? **child mentioned**

• I sort of get what you mean... I guess you're so used to treatment and TTC that actually have a baby seems surreal, like it's never going to be a reality.
    I can't even picture actually being a fully functional mother like all my friends are. It just seems like it's so far away, even though I want it so badly.

Not sure if that's at all the same as how you're feeling... We'll all get there eventually
    xx
    Me (22) & Steve (23)
    Furbabies: Samsung and Greystache
    Engaged since Feb 2014
    DX: PCOS Feb 2013
    Lap for suspected endo: August 2014 - nothing found
    Metformin 500mg - attempting to lose a few kgs

• I'm sorry, IF really does suck in so many ways. :(

Sometimes I find myself really invested in "winning" or "achieving" the goal, aside from the understanding that the goal is a new person in our lives. Sometimes that actually makes it easier, because it help me look at the long-term and see setbacks as reasonable/necessary on the path to achieving the goal, instead of freaking out that I may never be a mother ! :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • I can completely empathize with you here. I start my first medicated cycle at the end of next week or early the following (depending on when CD1 starts) and I find myself more and more disconnected with the idea of a baby. Maybe I'm preparing myself for if it doesn't work by distancing myself. Maybe it is a little cold feet - I've been waiting for this cycle for months that I can't imagine actually doing it. I imagine this is how people feel when they get cold feet before their wedding.

Hang in there - hugs to you!

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• I know that personally, I try not to let myself picture a future with an actual little person in it.  It's just too hard.  DH, on the otherhand, is all about the theoretical child and imagining fun things.  I guess his optimism hopefully cancels out my realism (I don't like to think I'm pessimistic). 

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• I know what you mean, but I think part of those feelings is you protecting yourself. It's hard to think of the sweet little baby, look at baby clothes and mentally decorate a nursery. In some ways it's easier to just focus on the treatment, and put all of those others feelings off until you are actually pregnant.

IMO I think that once you are successful you will allow your self to start acting like a normal expectant mom and dream of your sweet little baby all day long.

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• I agree with all the previous posters. I can not visualize a baby either. I've gone as far as telling close friends that if I am some how blessed with a healthy pregnancy, I do NOT want a shower of any kind. I can't even imagine celebrating until there is a baby in my arms. This is my way of protecting my heart from further damage.

With that said, time is on our side. If/when we are blessed with a healthy pregnancy, we have 9 whole months to change our mindset.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• Totally get what you're saying.  I haven't officially started treatment yet, but I can say that this time waiting and testing I've come to the realization that I need to be okay with it if it doesn't happen.  Adoption has always been a contender in our family building process minus the high cost of course.  I'd just always hoped I could conceive on my own but I think I'm genuinely okay if that's not going to happen.  Or at least I tell myself that now.  

I hope that doesn't offend anyone here.
  • Thanks for the support ladies. I'm just afraid I'm not doing it for a baby anymore, you know. I'm doing it to "win". And I'm nervous- get to the heart beat, pass 12 weeks, then 20 week anatomy scan, then delivery, then SIDS. Ugh, I just see so much worrying and exhaustion. I'm afraid I've obsessed so much on fixing my problem that I'm not ready lol ugh, atleast I'm not alone!
  • This was really interesting to me, because this is something I have also been doing but never really realized it until you pointed it out.  

I think this is normal - once you start with an RE it does become a medical process driven by numbers.  It's hard not to get sucked into that.  

I personally feel like once I actually see that second line, that's when all the other stuff will enter my mind, and I am ok with that.  
  • I try not to look too far ahead because it will cause me anxiety. We do talk about names, but that's about it. I need to take this one step at a time. Once I get pregnant, I'll focus on the next thing.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"