April 2015 Moms

UO

Re: UO

• kread8 said:

jk3610 said:

llb2486 said:

I don't see the big deal in sharing a birth month with Kate Middleton.

Agreed. I don't give a shit about those people.

WTF is it news that she had morning sickness. Ooooh no she missed another public appearance how sad for her.  Morning sickness sucks especially when you have it really bad but I just don't understand why it is news. 
    She didn't have morning sickness, she had HG. BIG difference.

Still not really newsworthy. I guess i just find the whole royals as celebrities thing kind of silly.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Channing Tatum is gorgeous. Get your eyes checked people.

But yes, Magic Mike did suck.
    I just can't get on board :-/ it's probably due to the fact that he's american and for some reason none of my celebrity crushes are. I just love accents :-)

• Loading the player...
  • jk3610 said:
    Channing Tatum is gorgeous. Get your eyes checked people.

But yes, Magic Mike did suck.
    I just can't get on board :-/ it's probably due to the fact that he's american and for some reason none of my celebrity crushes are. I just love accents :-)
    I watched "She's the man." the other day, and i loved every second of it! I also love him and his wife together. 
    imageimage
  • edited October 2014
    @mhickey426 while I totally get not caring a whole lot about a celebrity's medical problems, I just have to second/third/fourth what PPs said- hyperemesis gravidarum is NOT the same as morning sickness. As an ER nurse I see women with HG being dismissed by family members and sometimes even doctors all the time as "its just ms" and that's awful. Just couldn't resist correcting that misconception. 

My UO -1. I can't stand putting anything on my lips except plain unflavred chapstick. I only wore lipstick to me own wedding because the make up lady insisted, and I let it wear off before the ceremony. Flavored chapstick? Disgusting.

2. I think Patrick Dempsey is one of the ugliest men to walk this planet. His face makes me angry. I do not understand the attraction with him

Edited for spacing

Me-24~~ DH-25~~Married 6/15/2013~~Pregnant with our first due April 2, 2015~ Septate/ Bicornuate/Arcuate /some kind of not-normal uterus- won't know for sure which one till after babe is born~~Hoping for a full term baby!

BabyFetus TickerWorkout Row Flip Fail.gif

• @ElizabethSwann‌ i do love that movie. Pretty funny stuff.

• galnoir said:
    I am just at a loss here... I thought Magic Mike was incredibly entertaining and HOT. I don't get all squeely about anything but how could you not be into those moves? And the gender role reversals! They better not screw that up in the sequel.
    I mean, i did like their abs and stuff, but i just cant get on board with ass-less chaps.
    imageimage
  • Lol @jackieanddan1989‌ i agree about the patrick dempsey thing. I don't think he's ugly per se but i do think he has a very uninteresting face.

• I'm a Canadian who hates Tim Horton's coffee. There. I said it.

Their bagels are awesome, especially their everything bagels that they LOAD with cream cheese. Their chili in a bread bowl is guaranteed to be the death of me this winter (death by gluttony, that is). And the first sip of an iced cap is like velvety goodness, trickling down my esophagus. Mmmm.

But their coffee sucks balls. I prefer McDonald's coffee since they changed it up a couple years back.
  • @mhickey426 while I totally get not caring a whole lot about a celebrity's medical problems, I just have to second/third/fourth what PPs said- hyperemesis gravidarum is NOT the same as morning sickness. As an ER nurse I see women with HG being dismissed by family members and sometimes even doctors all the time as "its just ms" and that's awful. Just couldn't resist correcting that misconception. 

My UO -1. I can't stand putting anything on my lips except plain unflavred chapstick. I only wore lipstick to me own wedding because the make up lady insisted, and I let it wear off before the ceremony. Flavored chapstick? Disgusting.

2. I think Patrick Dempsey is one of the ugliest men to walk this planet. His face makes me angry. I do not understand the attraction with him

Edited for spacing
    I love Patrick Dempsey.  I thought he was cute in Can't Buy Me Love and he's only gotten better with age.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I would like to live in an old house with radiators and no closets. Cause that's how I roll. Best I can do this morning.
    My house is 115 years old and we have TWO decent sized closets in every bedroom, two walk-in closets on either end of the upstairs hallway,and a walk-in closet in the upstairs bathroom. Plus a nice sized coat closet just off the foyer downstairs.  It probably just depends on the style of house you are looking at!
    BabyFruit Ticker>
  • souptin said:

souptin said:

Never had a DD donut but I did grow up with Tims (pre Gluten allergy) and they were pretty good so yours must be magical.

Do you guys have an equivalent to Tim Bits?

Mmmm donut holes

BWAHAHAHAH Donut holes to my immature mind makes me immediately think of "glory holes" I actually snort laughed at that!

There is a doughnut store in Toronto called Glory Hole!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• McSteamy (Eric Dane) is hotter than McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey).  I don't know if that's a U/O or not, but it shouldn't be.   And I don't even really like Grey's.

imageimage
    I'll give you that.  Eric Dane is definitely hotter.  

jackieanddan1989 The floppy hair is one of his best qualities lol.

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • jk3610 said:

WTF is it news that she had morning sickness. Ooooh no she missed another public appearance how sad for her.  Morning sickness sucks especially when you have it really bad but I just don't understand why it is news. 
    She was hospitalized. She doesn't have just morning sickness. I have morning sickness. That sucks. I've never been to the hospital. That would more than suck. 
    ------ Yes she does not have morning sickness she has hyperemesis gravidarum which is a life threatening condition. And it needs to be news it needs more awareness. Unfortunately it isn't taken seriously even by some physicians. I am lucky I have had great care with this being my second HG pregnancy. I am currently off work have a central line for complete IV nutrition and have not kept anything down in about a month. Sorry this is an emotional topic for me.
    I hope it passes for you soon! I cant imagine. I had to go to the ER for dehydration, and was released after a couple hours, but i cant imagine this. I hope you are able to get back to your normal routine soon.
    imageimage
  • 1.) I thought Magic Mike, as a whole, was a ridiculously stupid movie. I don't even really remember the story line. But Channing Tatum... yes. But BC also- I love he and his wife together, they're the cutest

2.) I hate summer. Hate. I can do like 2 weeks of it before I instantly get infuriated just by stepping outside. I would rather it be freezing cold and snowing for 3 weeks than sweat as soon as I walk out the door. H and I spend more time outside in the winter than we do all summer.

3.) I hate peanut butter. I always have. When I was little and my Mom would make PB&J's for my brother and I, I would only get jelly on mine. Yuck. 

• jk3610 said:

llb2486 said:

She was hospitalized. She doesn't have just morning sickness. I have morning sickness. That sucks. I've never been to the hospital. That would more than suck. 
    ------
    Yes she does not have morning sickness she has hyperemesis gravidarum which is a life threatening condition. And it needs to be news it needs more awareness. Unfortunately it isn't taken seriously even by some physicians. I am lucky I have had great care with this being my second HG pregnancy. I am currently off work have a central line for complete IV nutrition and have not kept anything down in about a month. Sorry this is an emotional topic for me.

I hope it passes for you soon! I cant imagine. I had to go to the ER for dehydration, and was released after a couple hours, but i cant imagine this. I hope you are able to get back to your normal routine soon.
    -----
    Thank you unfortunately it didn't go away until 5 hours after my daughter was born. I'm hopeful it will be different this time but planning for if it isn't.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Sick of people telling me I shouldn't have any MS now I'm in the 2nd tri..wtf

My DH whole family keep telling me I'm in great company expecting at the same time has Kate Middleton..(who cares)
  • KateRN08 said:

FFC I rarely go a day without getting a steeped tea from Tim Horton's. I truly am addicted and get headaches if I don't have one.

I've been getting headaches without coffee. I'm so ashamed!

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• @souptin‌ the sole reason I visit my Canada family, for Tim Horton. I get it twice a day, breakfast is solid & gotta love their sandwiches
    Also, love it when it's time to ROLL UP THE RIM~~!! I won $100 Giftcard once woooeoooooohooo
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm the oddball in the dough nut group! I'm a total Krispy Kreme lover.

Im not a coffee person but give me the hot chocolate!

I just don't get any hype over the hunky rock hard abs thing...I mean a little definition is fine but I don't want to run to hubbys arms and Bam! Brick wall hahaha. Well unless its Vin Diesel... I'd run into that brick wall. Channing Tatum is just blah, after Magic Mike I felt he should have stuck with stripping.

I hate the starving third world country kids commercials. You pay money for medical treatment and food but why don't they teach safe sex and hand out condoms like they do us in school? Hello? If you are starving and can't feed yourself why bring children into this world to starve, and not just one but multiple? Common sense...can I donate that?

As heartless as I just sounded I do donate to the ASPCA...my SIL works for them so I feel better knowing where it goes.

• mbm1983 said:

Sam Smith. this really isn't my type of music but i'm oddly entranced by a few of his songs. "Not In That Way" especially.

Aww, Sam smith?! His voice melts my heart. I totally overpaid for his concert, I'll be 6-7 months preggos too

Pregnancy Ticker
  • JaneShops said:

Sam Smith. this really isn't my type of music but i'm oddly entranced by a few of his songs. "Not In That Way" especially.
    Aww, Sam smith?! His voice melts my heart. I totally overpaid for his concert, I'll be 6-7 months preggos too
    His voice is divine.

• My UO is I hate baby boy clothes that are baby blue. I also walked right out of Gymboree and children's place. They don't even try to have cute baby boy stuff. Janie and Jack however I love!
    imageimage
    imageimage

• I prefer to eat Pizza Hut pizza, Olive Garden pasta, and Taco Bell tacos over "real" pizza, Italian food, and Mexican food. Gimme the fake stuff any day! Just because someone spends more time making it, doesn't mean it tastes better!
    Being a NYer I can't get down with the Pizza but, I dislike authentic Spanish food. Tijuana Flats and Chipotle are about as much as I can take.
    You realize that Spanish food and Mexican food are not the same thing, right?

Spanish, Latin, Mexican ... they are pretty much the same to me and I don't really care for any of it.

• I prefer to eat Pizza Hut pizza, Olive Garden pasta, and Taco Bell tacos over "real" pizza, Italian food, and Mexican food. Gimme the fake stuff any day! Just because someone spends more time making it, doesn't mean it tastes better!
    Being a NYer I can't get down with the Pizza but, I dislike authentic Spanish food. Tijuana Flats and Chipotle are about as much as I can take.

Spanish, Latin, Mexican ... they are pretty much the same to me and I don't really care for any of it.

Aiieeeyaya
    Spanish- European, entirely different continent separated by the Atlantic
    Mexican- type of Latin

But of course, you can dislike all of them. Not saying anything about that

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just randomly stopped in and chose page 4.... I just want to thank those that posted pics of McDreamy and McSteamy.... that is all. =P~ :x

I hope to come back later to read all the pages....

I am thanking you guys too! I love this pic of McDreamy and McSteamy!!!  :x

BFP: 08.11.14   EDD: 04.11.15
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• JaneShops said:

I prefer to eat Pizza Hut pizza, Olive Garden pasta, and Taco Bell tacos over "real" pizza, Italian food, and Mexican food. Gimme the fake stuff any day! Just because someone spends more time making it, doesn't mean it tastes better!

Aiieeeyaya
    Spanish- European, entirely different continent separated by the Atlantic
    Mexican- type of Latin

But of course, you can dislike all of them. Not saying anything about that

I assumed all of those food were considered Spanish, my bad. Since it's never been my thing I'll admit I've never made an attempt to try to differentiate the different types of cuisines... you never stop learning.
  • It's not about the cuisine.  It's about the culture.  Mexico and Spain are two different countries.  They both speak Spanish, yes, but they way they speak it are even completely different in a lot of ways.  Two different cultures.

• i'm always amazed at how it is 20-freaking-14 and people still choose to remain so culturally ignorant.  (I say choose, because with the internet, there is basically no excuse to not be uninformed.)

• Chapstick only makes chapped lips worse. I know way too many people who can't live without it.

Chapstick blows! I use Aquaphor on my hands and lips all winter. That shit is awesome.

My UO is that I cannot get into Harry Potter. I loved Lord of the Rings, but cannot do Harry Potter... And also The Walking Dead...Can't do it.

I also hate skinny jeans, maybe because I am jealous that my arse cannot get into them but I just don't find them stylish on most people.

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11
    BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12   BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate) HSG 6/13-all clear BFP#4 11/18/13 natural m/c on 11/23  IVF #1 (Natural IVF Cycle) May 2014- Cycle failed (embryo did not make it to blast) BFP#5-7/26/14 GROW BABY GROW    IT'S A BOY DUE 4/5/15!

• @souptin I just wanted to say that every time I see your siggy with the guy with the dancing pumpkin head it just cracks me up.  Hilarious!

BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • souptin said:

I
    niesp said:

@jk3610‌ you mean to tell me people in Mexico don't speak Mexican?!?!

FYI: My husband is from Mexico and gets this comment ALL of the time!

I'm from America and we speak American! It only makes sense, right?

You mean 'Murica right?

I choked on my spit when I read this. Good work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"