April 2015 Moms

UO

It's my favorite thread of the week and I'm up early--so bring on the unpopular opinions.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • joliereignjoliereign member
    edited October 2014
    I hate OITNB. I tried to get into it by forcing myself to watch season 1 and some of 2 but I think it sucks. I also couldn't get past the first few episodes of breaking bad without falling asleep.
  • I prefer to eat Pizza Hut pizza, Olive Garden pasta, and Taco Bell tacos over "real" pizza, Italian food, and Mexican food. Gimme the fake stuff any day! Just because someone spends more time making it, doesn't mean it tastes better!

Being a NYer I can't get down with the Pizza but, I dislike authentic Spanish food. Tijuana Flats and Chipotle are about as much as I can take.
  • Swoon13 said:

My UO: I hate Starbucks coffee. It tastes burnt.

+1
    So so bitter. Give me a cheapie cup of regular folgers any day over that over priced crap.
    Tied the knot 2007 | Baby #1 2012 | Baby #2 2013 | Baby #3 EDD 4/2015
  • @ncountrygal No closets?!  I live in a house with no closets and it's terrible.  Luckily we have a basement but no matter what the house is always cluttered.  

I have 2 UOs this morning.

1. I hate The Notebook...I basically detest all the Nicholas Sparks movie/books.  It's the same damn plot over and over.  The Notebook is the worst, however.  People say it's the best romance, but give me The Princess Bride any day.

2. Coffee is gross.  I don't know how people can drink it without loading it up with sugar and milk.  Even then it tastes gross.  Tea is the same way.  How do people choke it down??  Gross.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • The old houses I've looked at seem to come without closets. So okay, I'll get rid of stuff. I figure I'll have to add some storage. Otherwise, where would the vacuum and my bags of gummy bears go?
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
  • Chapstick only makes chapped lips worse. I know way too many people who can't live without it.
    I heard that.  Isn't it also addicting?  I swear I read somewhere that it causes you to lick your lips more often, which forces you to constantly reapply?  Not sure if that's true, but it sticks out in my brain.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Anniversary
  • Old houses really depends on who previously owned the house. Otherwise you just use a wardrobe, it's not a big deal - although I think real estate wise they don't list it as bedroom without a closet. I love old houses so I'm with you!

My uo is I can't stand Dunkin Donuts Coffee. I'll take Starbucks any day!
  • PinkDahLia44PinkDahLia44 member
    edited October 2014
    souptin said:

All you starbuck haters and Dunken donuts lovers don't know what you're missing out on...

All Hail Tim Hortons!

imageimageimageimageimage

To clarify, just because DD is my favorite does not mean I don't like other coffees. I love me some Einstein Brothers and sometimes Panera. I have not had the opportunity to try Tim Hortons ever. Is that a PNW chain?

ETA: but I stand by my Starbucks hate.
    imageimage
  • PinkDahLia44PinkDahLia44 member
    edited October 2014
    @souptin, I did not realize you were one of our Canadian ladies. PNW was "Pacific Northwest." I have not been to Canada since I was 14 and I did not drink coffee back then. I will gladly try it out if I ever run across one, though!

ETA: I am originally from the Northeast, so I am biased towards DD.
    imageimage
  • Lots of Tim Hortons around Metro Detroit too. They are wayyyy better than Starbucks.
    Tied the knot 2007 | Baby #1 2012 | Baby #2 2013 | Baby #3 EDD 4/2015
  • galnoir said:

I have zero interest in maternity clothes or baby crap - I'll make due with my clothes and any hand me downs i may get. for the baby stuff... we'll get a car seat and whatever people give us.

I haven't bought a single thing for the baby yet. We're having a shower for each side (i have social anxiety so the idea of one huge shower terrified me). So i'm just going to see what we get there and for xmas. I figure, i don't need the stuff for 6 months. Why buy it now?
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Swoon13 said:

+1
    So so bitter. Give me a cheapie cup of regular folgers any day over that over priced crap.

+2

I LOVE Folgers!
  • I need some donuts now.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Here's mine: I think Magic Mike was by far the stupidest movie ever. I didn't make it past 30 minutes in because the dumb was making my head hurt. I didn't think the actors strutting around in nothing made up for it either. They weren't THAT impressive. The fact that there is all this hype and a sequel makes me kind of nauseated.
    I never watched the first one and don't plan to, but what bugs me the most is that the girls I know that drooled over that one and the one coming up and talked about it nonstop are ones I know are NOT putting out for their husbands on the reg.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Swoon13 said:
    A little free association here, but your post made me think of this:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AmyA401 said:
    @swoon13 they are expanding into the US....so its not totally out the realm of possibility.

However, the US menu is super bizarre and different then what they offer here. Fried chicken breakfast sandwiches? who would eat that? just strange and odd.

I think for now they are only in US border cities but I am sure global coffee chain domination is very politely just around the corner for Tims so just be patient.

We had Tim Hortons here in Rhode Island for a few years. They all closed about 5 years ago, which was weird because they seemed pretty popular. I was not a fan though... I'm an iced coffee lover and theirs was watery and weak. MH loved it.
    @amyA401  Did you know Rhode Island has more Dunkin Donuts' per square mile than any other state in the US?  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jk3610 said:

I don't see the big deal in sharing a birth month with Kate Middleton.

Agreed. I don't give a shit about those people.
    WTF is it news that she had morning sickness. Ooooh no she missed another public appearance how sad for her.  Morning sickness sucks especially when you have it really bad but I just don't understand why it is news. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I love maternity clothes. I love the tight shirts, the horizontal stripes, and the belly panels. Maternity clothes are the most flattering clothes I have ever owned.
    Me too!  I feel so much more comfortable with my body in maternity clothes. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• jk3610 said:

llb2486 said:

WTF is it news that she had morning sickness. Ooooh no she missed another public appearance how sad for her.  Morning sickness sucks especially when you have it really bad but I just don't understand why it is news. 

She didn't have morning sickness, she had HG. BIG difference.

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• Swoon13 said:

Swoon13 said:

souptin said:

PinkDahLia44  I have no idea what PNW is

Tim's is a Canadian coffee chain. As far as I know we dont have any dunkin donuts in Canada, but I have had it in the US.....I may be biased but Tims is by far better.

Tims is by far the best chain coffee. Leaves Starbucks and DD in the dust. (DD still has the best donuts though.)
    False. Get thee to a Voodoo Donuts.
    Never heard of em! National chain?
    nope, completely overrated Portland donut shop

I'm from Portland, and I love donuts. But voodoo is not worth standing in line for 30 minutes. Unless you're vegan, because then it's a rarity to be able to eat donuts
    Yeah, I had some while visiting my brother in Portland. Most of the selection is a little out there for me. Give me a plain chocolate donut and I'm happy.
    ((A15 Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails - -Tobias Funke))

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have the hardest time getting into homemade smoothies, much to DH's disappointment.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• jk3610 said:

She was hospitalized. She doesn't have just morning sickness. I have morning sickness. That sucks. I've never been to the hospital. That would more than suck. 
    Exactly. Her condition is actually really severe especially when she is constantly dehydrated and needs extra care. A lot of women that experience hypermesis, sometimes never go on to have more children because of how hard of a time they had.
    imageimage
  • Now I can't decide if I want Starbucks or donuts.... Shipley donuts are my favorite, not a DD fan
  • I hate breakfast food, I'll only eat cereal that's about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"