Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Nausea every month!

Hi ladies. I'm here for any help I can get pretty please.

This is my 3rd month TTC a sibling for my dd this time round. I did have a 12 month try a couple of years ago and only 1 cp to show for it.

I don't temp. A huge error on my part I didn't even know of its existence last time round so plan on starting next cycle. I came off BC 4/5 months ago and things got back to my version of normal pretty quickly.

Any way. My noobish question. Every month about cd 13 to 15 I am sick. I always used to consider myself sicky because in the past (looking back it is when I am not on BC) I am sick about once a month but didn't notice the pattern until tracking my cycle days. Is there anything I can do to help it? Is it worth getting anti sickness meds as it only lasts about 12-24 hours? It drives me nuts. I suspect it is ovulation or the lh surge but I know that means nothing without temping and I always thought that had no symptoms. Plus what a design error. You can get pregnant now, get thee head down a toilet ha.

Thanks for any advice.

Me 31, DH 29, DD 5
TTC #2 since August 2014

Re: Nausea every month!

• Options
    Yup to puking :-(. Every month. It's usually from about 3am to 7am then just queasy for a few more hours. I have been on and off BC since I was 13 (helped with abnormally heavy flow). It's when I'm off BC I get it. But I was on the progesterone only pill which stopped ovulation so it would link to ov I would guess. Thanks for the advice. I may venture to the docs. I've not had anti sickness drugs before so wasn't sure if it would even have any effect with it being over a short time. Or more embarrassingly if they laugh me out of the surgery and tell me to suck it up lol. Thanks again. X

Me 31, DH 29, DD 5
    TTC #2 since August 2014

• Options
    If it's so bad you feel you need meds, I agree that chatting with your doctor is the best route to go.

Glad you found temping and sorry for your loss.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually get barfy post- LH surge and sometimes right before. Just hormonal fluctuations. Fun eh?
  • Options
    Thank you. Yup. Tonnes of fun lol. I do miss my BC. No sickyness, less raging, no AF.... The good old days. Now there is 2ww manic depression, popping a thermometer in my foof before coffee and the ability to spot any pregnant woman within a 20m radius. All for a good cause though. And at least I found this place :-). X

Me 31, DH 29, DD 5
    TTC #2 since August 2014

• Options
    ScatterbugScatterbug member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for all the info. No specific meds. It just started again this morning and hubby mentioned anti-sickness drugs. I am firmly in the drink till it's pink camp. I was unsure if anti-sickness meds were for more long term issues and needed to build up in the system or if they could be used as a one off. I really do appreciate all the help. We tried for 12 months a couple of years ago and by the end of it both agreed we were happy and blessed to have the one. Pregnancy and labour weren't the easiest so I was relieved to be honest. I'm finally in a place where I want to try and feel ready to deal with it all again.

Thank you ladies. I have a plan :-).

*edited because apparently I can't watch telly and type at the same time*

Me 31, DH 29, DD 5
    TTC #2 since August 2014

• Options
    Lol at "foof"

I don't have any advice that PPs haven't covered, but wanted to say welcome! 

Married 2006
    Surprise BFP Feb 2008 MC at 6w2d

TTC since May 2014       
    BFP! 10/28/14       EDD 7/5/15

BabyFetus Ticker http://ugc.theknot.com/3452225-original.gif

• Options
    @Scatterbug‌ yes, there are meds you can use for short term nausea/vomiting. I favor zofran. Don't let them give you phenergan until after you try a different med because that stuff can know you out! (At least it does me, and I have an unused bottle of oral phenergan in my cabinet).

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since July 2014
    BFP#1 11/1/14, EDD 7/15/15, 
    MM/C (blighted ovum) 12/2/14 at 8 wks, D&C 12/5/14
    Fur Parents to Mercy, Fluffy and Big Tex
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I get the queasies too on occasion. Nauzene is good for quick relief. I have used Sea-Bands for travel which worked great - if you know when to expect symptoms, wearing them might help prevent it. There are all sorts of ginger and 'morning sickness' lozenges or chews. Maybe try a few OTC products before heading for an RX? 
    Married 8-9-14
    Me 34 DH 33
    TTC #1 
    Hypothyroid

• Options
    I feel you @Scatterbug‌ I'm nauseated daily after my LH surge. I'm a gravol fan. It does make ppl drowsy but it works for me. That and a nice herbal tea. Ginger tea sounds amazeballs today....
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses. It's actually comforting knowing it isn't just me (not that I'm happy anyone feels this shitty every month). I think I will speak to the chemist 1st. Mention some of the drugs you have mentioned. If I need to speak to a doc will follow with that. Ginger sounds like a great idea. Daft but I never thought about morning sickness remedies. But it's hormonal so makes perfect sense! Thanks again lovely ladies. X

Me 31, DH 29, DD 5
    TTC #2 since August 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"