January 2014 Moms
Options

walking baby

Anyone have walkers out there? My LO is starting to walk. Yesterday he took 6 solid steps. Now today he's bound and determined to keep going. Ive been following him all around today because he's constantly pulling himself up on stuff and trying to walk on his own. This is totally not ideal with our hardwood floors. Anyways thanks for letting me share and happy Wednesday ladies!

Re: walking baby

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Not walking yet, but that is so exciting! 

Here's hoping for minimal bumps and bruises! 

When Patrick falls from having pulled himself up, I try not to react until he does so that I don't make him think he SHOULD be upset. That way, he's not freaking out just because I am. Most of the time, he is happy to just keep playing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter has been walking for a couple weeks now. She's almost 11 months. Her brother is starting to get interested too. We have carpets but a couple of days ago she fell and hit her face on the ottoman and now she has a black eye :(

imageimage

• Options
    These babies are growing up too fast !
  • Options
    DDD has been gearing up for walking for months now and finally started the week before she turned 9 months. She now walks halfway across rooms.

• Options
    blue_elle said:
    STOP IT BABIES! Just stop! Be tiny and snuggly and not growing up so damn fast for just a little longer :((
    Tell me about it!!!!

• Options
    Congrats to everyone whose LO's are walking already!

Lexi is standing well and trying to move her feet while cruising but no walking yet.  She still does her own version of crawling with one foot in front and one underneath her.  She is her own woman and has been since she was born haha.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    mamatoosh said:
    Congrats to everyone whose LO's are walking already!

Lexi is standing well and trying to move her feet while cruising but no walking yet.  She still does her own version of crawling with one foot in front and one underneath her.  She is her own woman and has been since she was born haha.
    My son does a version of this, too.  One foot underneath and one out to the side.  It's kinda creepy looking, honestly.
    DD is on her right knee and pushes off on her left foot. When she gets to stand she always pushes up with the left leg. It's almost like she has a bit of a foot drop on the right cause she drags it up afterwards. She has her 9 month check up next week and I'll probably mention it to the dr. I'm not super worried at this point though. She gets around easily, crawls, stands, couch surfs, so maybe just slower building strength in that leg. Who knows.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    DD is on her right knee and pushes off on her left foot. When she gets to stand she always pushes up with the left leg. It's almost like she has a bit of a foot drop on the right cause she drags it up afterwards. She has her 9 month check up next week and I'll probably mention it to the dr. I'm not super worried at this point though. She gets around easily, crawls, stands, couch surfs, so maybe just slower building strength in that leg. Who knows.
    This is exactly what my daughter does!  And I think she is left handed!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    Wow, walking already! Seems so early! DD was born Jan. 30 so I guess she's one of the younger ones of the bunch but I don't think she's close to walking yet. She can pull herself up, take steps sideways along furniture, and walk with us holding her hands (but she goes very slow and we kind of have to pull her forward a little). Actually, I'll be kind of relieved if she gives me a couple more months of no walking!! 
  • Options
    Nope, not even a crawler.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    umma4babesumma4babes member
    edited October 2014
    DD is 9 months and pretty close to walking, I think. She's been doing one hand cruising for a while and crawls up the stairs pretty easily. She can stand on her own, but will immediately sit on her bum when she realizes. DS were doing all these things about a month before he walked, which was at 13 months.
  • Options

blue_elle said:

STOP IT BABIES! Just stop! Be tiny and snuggly and not growing up so damn fast for just a little longer :((

Tell me about it!!!!

:((
    It's exciting but seriously sad, they are growing too fast
  • Options
    Roses87 said:
    Nope, not even a crawler.

Same here. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    no walking yet! but she gets around so fast by crawling that she doesn't seem very interested in walking. she's able to go from squatting to standing with no support now and stands for quite some time all by herself without holding on, so I think walking might not be to far off. She's just starting to do a bit of cruising along furniture as well. 
  • Options
    Emery has been walking since Sunday, and today she fell face first into the coffee table and now she has a gorgeous welt on her cheek. It hasn't deterred her one bit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"