December 2013 Moms
Options

Moms with 3+ kiddos

With our 3rd arriving in Feb. We will be having 3 kids in car seats. My question is...if you have 3 or more car seats what kind of car/suv/van do you all drive? Are you happy with your choice?
Right now we are in a Chevy Silverado. Lol. We have to trade it in. Do any of you have an SUV that will fit 3 seats in the back? The third row option seems to be jumping up the prices like crazy.
Thanks for any input ladies!

Re: Moms with 3+ kiddos

• Options
    We have an odyssey and just traded a Mazda 3 for an accord. They all fit two diono radian r120s and a graco snug ride 35 infant seat in a row. The Mazda was a really tight fit and the accord is only slightly better but the kids ride primarily in the odyssey. We didn't want two big cars but needed the other to be able to seat all three as a backup. Car seats for the littles is a good site with lots of suggestions.
  • Options
    I only have one kid right now, but My mil has a Chrysler town and country minivan with bucket seats in the middleand she has always watched enough kids that she's been loaded down with car seats. Youngest in the middle seats and older ones in the back. I actually think at one point she had two 3 year olds in the back and 2 infants in the middle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I never heard of that car seat before, I'll look it to them too!
  • Options
    Man, where's Herc when you need her! (Juuuuust kidding ;) )

• Options
    I have an Infiniti qx60, which is the same thing as a Nissan pathfinder and it works well for 3. I have the option of my oldest riding in the 3rd row by himself in his high back booster because he can buckle himself or him sitting in the middle seat in the middle row with a backless booster in a pinch or if we need the trunk space. The qx60 has a feature where the 2nd row passenger side seat moves forward even with a car seat installed to allow easy access to the third row, no climbing over seats or in the trunk necessary. Dh has a Prius V which is budget friendly and fits 3 car seats across amazingly well. Provided one is a radian.
  • Options
    I only have 1, but we're planning on having a couple more, so we bought a Diono Radian in case we eventually need to do 3 across.  Like PP said, check out Car Seats for the Littles; a Radian or two in the back will probably help you fit 3-across in most SUVs.

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"