March 2015 Moms
Options

Maternity photos?

Is anyone else thinking about maternity photos?

With being due in March and living in NJ it's gonna be cold but I really want maternity photos for at least our first child. I think it's kind of nice to have some photos of our last moments together before our son gets here. I'm in contact with the photographer I want and trying to gauge how much she wants to possibly take photos outside lol. I figured we could do a combo of some outdoors/some inside in his nursery.

Anyone else thinking about photos?

Re: Maternity photos?

• Options
    Is it cold where either of you are?
  • Options
    I was just trying to plan this tonight. We were originally discussing announcement pictures and then the topic of maternity and newborn photos came up. I don't even know where to start. I'm the worst at being a mom. hahahah.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @janda426‌ - I'm in NY and have been having the same thoughts. I want to do photos - but am not big enough yet - and the winter will be too cold to do them inside. I am thinking of doing them in our home after Christmas if I decorate this year...otherwise I just don't know where. I might try to talk my H into going down to Atlanta to see our family in Dec and do them outside where we did our engagement photos if the weather cooperates.

I have not found a photographer yet either...
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Options
    We did a mat photo with my second, don't think we will do it again.
  • Options
    I'm hopefully going to do them around 30w. I had it booked for 34w with my 1st and he came at 33w5d. :( but the photographer I desperately wanted just moved out of state. So now I have to find someone. I'm hoping to bundle maternity/birth/newborn.
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I have a mat photographer lined up!! So excited and an a maternity dress being made! I am a newborn photographer and was shot down by the newborn photographer I wanted so I am doing them myself with the help of a friend... Im already scoping props and backdrops it's terrible lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was due beginning of April last time and we sucked it up and did them outside. I was freezing by the end but they came out beautiful and I have no regrets. I'm glad we did them. We did the newborn session inside, of course.
  • Options
    I think they are awesome. I regret not doing it with my first. I probably will this time around. My daughter loves seeing pix of me when I was pregnant with her :)
  • Options
    I'm going to definitely have some professional newborn pictures taken for the LO. Pictures of me, eh, i'm still debating that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
          ---------- For SuzyQ---------

• Options
    I'm in southern SC on the coast. We could have ice in late Jan/early Feb or it could be 70. No telling. I'm pretty sure I'll do mine primarily outdoors anyway though.
    THIS. SO THIS.

Very southwest corner of TN, so it'll most likely be mid-40s in the day time during Jan/Feb. I'll have a newly professional photographer friend help build her portfolio, but we'll have to see what old man winter dictates. I'm not a fan of most indoor shoots. (Lighting sucks)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP: 01/10/2010, EDD: 10/10/2010, Loss: 03/16/2010

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP: 07/14/2014, EDD: 03/04/2015
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    aylacbw said:

My husband is a photographer so we got lots of maternity shots last time, but never did a formal maternity shoot. It is so nice to have those photos to look back on! Though I feel kinda guilty we haven't taken one pic of this pregnancy yet...

Just came to mind too, that he did this portrait of me a few days before I had my son, so I was huge, miserable and did not want to cooperate. But I did it anyway and am so glad I have that photo. Good for you for documenting it! You will be so happy later on.

Same boat! My husband & I do photography together & we did them often with our first. This one has been more difficult I feel & we have done any but simple snapshots yet! Ugh! Poor kid is going to feel like he didn't come from mommies belly if we don't snap some! Lol.

Newborn photos with my first was very difficult & I felt like I could never get them the way I wanted. I should have had some help, because I was so tired. Even the ones I did take I'm glad I have! I know now more of what to do with the next & I'll try to have more fun with it!

Book as soon as you can now that your reaching the half way mark. It is a slower season December, February, & March for some photographers, they might give you a "holiday special". Bundling as well is a great idea! Have fun & make sure it's someone you feel comfortable with!!! :) especially if you have ideas of your own- don't be afraid to ask or throw your own ideas into it but be willing to try what they ask too! :)
  • Options
    We live in Az so pretty mild winters here. I have some great friends who are prof photogs so I just have to pick one to do it. I do have one that will be doing our birth photos though since she specializes in it. So excited to have that done- no money shots for us though. I've got to figure out a way to get 4 kids and dh in though. I feel weird when it's just me, lol!
  • Options
    I'm doing them in feb outside, in Alberta. It's going to be effing cold but worth it. We have a photog booked for maternity pictures and if we like them we will book for newborn pictures.
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    I'm so lucky... My father in law was a professional photographer back in the 70s :D he works as the head of a dialysis center now and hasn't done photography for anyone but family and close friends.... so for now, I have my own personal picture-taker XD
    Beatrice- bfp September 16 2013, born February 1 2014 died later same day.
  • Options
    I had a super rough pregnancy with my son and I refused to take any pics, even though my mom is a professional photographer (I know). It's the only huge regret I have, so this time I will definitely cooperate. Please ladies even though you will feel as big as a whale and not that "pretty" (atleast I did) you will regret it if you don't do it.

*steps off soapbox*
  • Options
    Aeml1985 said:

I'm doing them in feb outside, in Alberta. It's going to be effing cold but worth it. We have a photog booked for maternity pictures and if we like them we will book for newborn pictures.

That's the same boat I'm in. Maybe we'll get that awesome January thaw like last year (apparently we get them in 70% of winters!) and I can get mine done then. I have an old friend who does wonderful photography on the side while she's a SAHM, so I'm hoping she'll be able to be flexible on the date.
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • Options

I am a hobbyist photographer and am hoping to find a friend to just shoot the pics for me.  I'll just set the camera up.  As much as I would love to hire someone, my day care bill just went up $350/month!  Ridiculous and depressing, so I am strapped.  There goes the idea of hiring for the newborn ones too.  :(  I'm not as confident in my ability to get great ones of those, but I guess I'm just going to have to do my best. The weather where I am will be cold too, but I will brave it.  Did some half way shots last weekend (at 19 weeks) and they were okay.  I didn't have much time to get myself ready.  For the real deal though, I may get my make up and hair done, just so I feel more pretty. 

And I second what FLFishoutofwater said, be sure to research.  Some people have some crazy maternity photos, lol! 

• Options

I live in ND and have already picked a photographer. She mentioned doing some outdoor shots and some indoor ones. It'll be so cold here in January that we'll probably only be able to be outside for 30 min max.

We actually just had a "mini session" with a photographer that lasted only 10 minutes and we got like 15 different poses/settings in that small amount of time! I was so impressed. I definitely don't see the point of doing like an hours worth of posing when all I really want is a few new professional pics to hang on the wall. Half the pics from our crazy 3 hour long engagement session are just sitting in a photo book. So a half hour outside should be more than enough provided your photographer is efficient and not fumbling over their shit lol
  • Options
    I want to, and we wanted to with Jonah so I'm assuming S is still on board.  We live in Illinois so it's going to be fucking freezing outside but I am hoping we can suck it up and get at least one or 2 cute outside, winter wonderland-ish shots.

The photographer that I want to use did a Black Friday sale last year that included a really, really good maternity/newborn package so I'm holding off on booking anything to see what she offers this year.
  • Options
    I took some when I was pregnant with my son. I had a friend who was starting out in photography and she used me as her guinea pig and did them for free. She was awesome though. We lived in Upstate NY at the time and I did them outside in the Fall Foliage in October.

I plan on having them done again. Hopefully in early March. I live in Texas so it won't be so cold.
  • Options

We're planning on doing maternity photos in January.  I live in Indiana so winter is generally a beast but the extremes don't normally hit until late January and usually ease up by early March.  Early January I can expect temperatures to be anywhere from 20-40 degrees and I can handle that outside for an hour if I'm wearing a heavy sweater, warm pants, boots, a hat, and a scarf.  That's how a lot of winter maternity pictures look.

Then again, last January we had a polar vortex that turned Indiana into a desolate wasteland for about a week.  There was a day we had temperatures colder in my hometown than the surface of Mars. Lovely.  Hopefully that won't happen again this year or else the photos will be taken indoors!

• Options
    I like the idea of maternity photos but I haven't checked prices or anything. We're going to Florida in January when I'll be exactly 30 weeks, is that a good time? I guess I can check for photographers there and get some photos on the beach. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't originally going to do maternity photos. My mom planned family photos while we're all home for Thanksgiving and since I'll be almost 27 weeks I asked if we could do some maternity pics. Thinking that timing should work. So now, I'm super excited about it. We'll be in Indiana so it will definitely be cold, so I think the plan will be a combo of indoor/outdoor pictures.
    For SuzyQ
    and all M15 loss moms
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 12/31/13, EDD 09/12/14, MMC Discovered 02/20/14 (10w6d) Est. Loss @ 8-9w, MC 02/22/14
    BFP #2 06/25/14, EDD 02/28/15 Grow Baby, Grow!
    It's a BOY!!
    All After a Loss Welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm doing maternity pictures and I live in Chicago, and I love the lake so we are gonna suck it up and do a pick near the skyline and lake. Maybe we will just keep the car running or something!
  • Options
    SO's grandma does photography (not professionally) and has done all of our family photos for big events - Father's Day, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, birthdays, etc. She's great and she already offered to do them for us.

I'm also thinking about having a friend do some as well because he's a professional photographer and does amazing work.
  • Options
    I've seen nice maternity photos done in a white photo studio. There's a blog I like called Baby Rabies, and she had some cute maternity photos done in a studio setting. I tried to get a link for them, but I can't find it on mobile. You could probably google it though or use the search feature on her blog.

I didn't do any professional photos last time, but we did take a lot if pictures ourselves. I also set up a few more "staged" or what I think of as "professional-ish" photos, which DH snapped for me. My favorite one:

• Options
    I am a photographer & another photographer I used to work with is doing them for us this time. I want to do them outside with my son & husband. But since we are in Ma it will have to be in Nov at the latest, so I'll prob only be like 24 weeks. I think it's awesome to have maternity & newborn photos. Especially the newborn since they change so quickly!
  • Options
    I am going to do it and yes here in New Hampshire its going to be COLD! I have seen the work my wedding photographer does with maternity / newborns and we still keep in touch. Her work is lovely and tasteful. I cannot wait
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo march_zps6c968eb7.png
    BFP! June 25, 2014        EDD: 3/4/15
    Married May 2011 
    Me 27 -- DH 31 
    Loving parents of 2 beautiful chihuahuas 
  • Options
    I definitely want to get them done with our first!  What I'm not sure about is when I want to do them.  I don't want to wait until that stage when I'm huge and uncomfortable, but I don't want to take them with a tiny little bump either.  We get a ton of snow where I live, so we're thinking about a snowy christmas session.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Options
    We're going to do maternity, newborn, 6 months, and 1 year photos with the package we booked. We're in SC so it will be cold for our maternity shoot, but hopefully not too bad. For newborn, we're doing a combo of lifestyle and posed in our home. Our photographer suggested between 30-32 weeks for maternity which falls during the holidays for us. We're planning for early January.
  • Options
    Yea since i totally failed at weekly or even monthly pictures were gonna do something maybe around January when I'm nice and huge lol i live in Maryland and u know how cold it gets. Your brave to do an outside photo shoot lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    Yes - we already booked the newborn session, which was costly. So I'm hoping to get one of those affordable last minute sessions that some photographers offer in early 2015 so we can do some maternity pics.

• Options
    I'm in Texas and I fully wish it would snow so I can get some pretty winter wonderland snow maternity pics. I'm fully aware that it probably won't happen, as it tends to ICE rather than snow here.

I also don't care about the cold! I want to wear a cute sweater, some jeans and boots and a scarf and be in the damn snow! I think those are adorable! Just don't stay out in it for long periods of time.
  • Options
    I'm getting ready to book my photographer for maternity, newborn, 3, 6, 9, and 1st year photos. My maternity photos will most likely be taken in January. I'm in TN so the weather could be doing anything. I'm hoping it won't be as cold as this past January. That was awful.

• Options
    Yep I'm gonna do them. My friend who is a photographer is gonna do them for me. Really excited about them.
    EDD 3/11/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes. I would like some maternity and newborn pics. Tho I don't like the typical "dad kissing the belly" pics.
    I want more of like a family shoot and I just so happen to be pregnant LOL!!

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Options
    I'm doing them!! I'm in Canada, so it will be freezing in Feb/March, but whatever!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I did them with DS, he was due end of December so we did them in November with a Fall outdoor theme (scarf, boots, sweater with foliage and some fallen leaves). With a March due date I could see it being nice to do a winter themed one (winter gloves/hat, white sweater, bare trees) outdoors even if it was cold. I would suck it up for a little bit. Have not booked my photographer though, my sis did them last time for me but she will not be seeing me close to my due date this time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • Options
    We did a maternity session last time, it was October, so really nice timing for outside in Central Park :) This time I'm planing on doing them in early January. So I think we'll do a few outside, but maybe some more inside if its too cold. I can't think of what to wear though. I don't want to be all bundled, I want to show off the bump! That's the point!
    We are going to Disney in Early December, but I'll only be 25 weeks so I won't really be as bumpy as I'd like for mat photos. But we will definitely be taking lots of unofficial bump pics in Disney.

I'm not really into the bare belly photos, I basically told my photographer that I wanted it more like an engagement session plus a baby bump! Just cute pics of H and I and obviously showcasing my belly. This time it will be more of a family shoot. I can't wait to have special photos of my son and my belly :)

@hydrangeablue‌ 30 weeks is the ideal time I think. You're big enough, but not too big and uncomfortable. We planned for 30 weeks last time, but I was really sick, and my photogs couldn't reschedule for a couple weeks. High wedding season. So I was a little more swollen than I'd like but they still came out great.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I would like to have some, but nothing formal. My husband's best friend is a photographer so I'm sure he will do them for us (he didn't engagement photo's for us before her wedding). I'm in Miami so I'm thinking the beach. Our wedding was on the beach so it will be nice to have a similar picture from each event.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"