November 2014 Moms
Options

Getting Cold/Flu like Symptoms

Feeling miserable and trying to shake of a cough and exhaustion before I go into labor (t-minus 11 days)... Any tips?

Re: Getting Cold/Flu like Symptoms

• Options
    Lots of Vitamin C. Ask your doctor about echinacia (sp) and zinc too. Sorry you are feeling bad. This stage of the game is hard enough as it is!
  • Options
    lots of the following:
    -sleep
    -water

BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh everyone at my work is sick! I'm trying to stear clear and wash my hands constantly..I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and ask about echinesia tea and load up on water and vitamin C! I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a cold. Noooooooo!!

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

• Options
    Hope you feel better!!
  • Options
    I made my husband go to our primary yesterday because he was sick.  I wanted to know what he had to protect me and the baby.  Apparently it is a stomach virus (oh joy) and my mom has it too.  We were all together Monday night so that is probably when they both got it.  The nurse told my husband to stay away from me and for both of us to practice good hand washing.  I had to take care of him though so I stayed away as much as I could and just scrubbed up after each interaction.  But he slept in the spare bed in the basement which sucked because I worried about him all night and kept waking up to go check on him.

I called the OB's office yesterday afternoon after he got done at the doctor but they were gone for the day.  They called back this morning and told me there really isn't anything I can do to prevent it, just push lots of fluids, practice good hand washing, and stay away from him as much as possible.  She also asked if baby was moving normally too, which s/he is.  Glad I have an appointment this afternoon though.  Want to see this little one.  Just sad my husband can't come, it will be the first appointment he can't make.  But we invited his parents (since my mom is also sick) and his mom can't leave work but his dad is able to make it so Papa will be able to see his grandbaby on the ultrasound.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just get some rest and keep the fluid intake up.  But mostly, you just have to wait it out. A little over a week ago, I caught a cold that was going around. It only stuck around for 4 days max. Hopefully what you have is equally as mild or less mild than what I had.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"