Trying to Get Pregnant

Can you delay ovulation?

Does anyone know if this is possible? My husband and I want to "kick off" our baby making journey during our vacation next month but I'm supposed to ovulate about 6 days before we leave :( Any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

Re: Can you delay ovulation?

• I'm curious why you want to wait for vacation to start trying?
  • Loading the player...
  • I think this was kind of a silly question... But I actually understand where you're coming from. I'll actually get to test and see if we finally made a baby on our vacation the first week of November.

So, think of it that way? Maybe you'll get to test on vacay instead?

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since July 2014
    BFP#1 11/1/14, EDD 7/15/15, 
    MM/C (blighted ovum) 12/2/14 at 8 wks, D&C 12/5/14
    Fur Parents to Mercy, Fluffy and Big Tex
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you not want to have sex unless it's to get ktfu? Hump it out before during and after.

If it's to say you where knocked up on vacation, that's just looking for too deep at it.
    January Siggy Challange- July 15

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• You know that you might not even get pregnant the first time you try anyway, and that it may take more than one cycle
  • If she doesn't O on vacation, she won't be able to tell future baby they were conceived when Mommy & Daddy were in [insert vacation place.]

OP, I would go ahead & stop trying to plan on getting pregnant at a certain time. You're setting yourself up for a world of disappointment.

Or you could be like me and think you lucked out by conceiving on vacation only to have that pregnancy end in a loss.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• @DarcyHermione‌ I also know my story and for similar reasons. My dad had an affair and moved in with the other woman. My mom and dad spent one last weekend together trying to work things out. Mom had recently gone off the pill because she had been having some intense leg pain. I believe she was worried about a clot. My mom is absolutely one to over share.
    DH:34 Me:25
    Married July 2013 
    TTC #1 since May 2014 
    CP June 2014

Pic Monkey Collage 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Budders12 said:
    This question really confuses me.  I'm going back to testing out whether my dog chooses pepperoni or cheese first when placed in front of her equidistantly.  And drinking.  
    I feel like this would make Budders' head explode. I might have to try it.
    I've done a similar thing before but with different flavored dog biscuits. The beef flavored ones seemed to be the most popular, followed by bacon and sausage.

• hobbesgal said:

This question really confuses me.  I'm going back to testing out whether my dog chooses pepperoni or cheese first when placed in front of her equidistantly.  And drinking.  

$5 on peperoni. More fragrant.

No way! I vote cheese. Always cheese!
  • You won't have enough time to even know you're pregnant on your vacation. Have sex when you're ovulating and then if you get pregnant, cool. Tell people you got pregnant wherever you went.

Do people actually worry about this shit? I mean really.
  • So other people don't know when/how they were conceived?

My parents must be huge oversharers.

I was conceived out of wedlock when my mother was in high school. It's a sore subject.
    Hey we are conception twins. ;)
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • I am so sad and disappointed by the rude and mean replies on this thread. I thought this was a forum for people (I'm guessing mostly women) to help and support each other. All I see here is a lot of judgment and bad jokes. If you must know, we were hoping to start trying to conceive on our trip for sentimental reasons which I will not share here, especially to a group of people who have judged me so harshly and needlessly. Unfortunately I am ovulating before so chances are, getting pregnant on the trip is likely not even a possibility so I just had this simple question. In the future, please try to be a little more kind, especially to other women who are going through the same thing as you. What a disappointment this was.
  • <--valentine's day baby. Thanks for sharing that over dinner when I was 16, dad.
    Hm.  I am very curious about how close our birthdays are.  I've never directly asked or been told, but the numbers add up for me being a Valentine's baby, too.
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

#iStandWithTheMods #Solidarity
    TTGP Acronyms/Newbie Blog
    “I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • I try to be kind to others regardless of whether they're going through the same thing as me. I don't know why people here have chosen to be so cruel when I said nothing cruel to them.
  • I am so sad and disappointed by the rude and mean replies on this thread. I thought this was a forum for people (I'm guessing mostly women) to help and support each other. All I see here is a lot of judgment and bad jokes. If you must know, we were hoping to start trying to conceive on our trip for sentimental reasons which I will not share here, especially to a group of people who have judged me so harshly and needlessly. Unfortunately I am ovulating before so chances are, getting pregnant on the trip is likely not even a possibility so I just had this simple question. In the future, please try to be a little more kind, especially to other women who are going through the same thing as you. What a disappointment this was.

Google doesn't talk back or say "rude" things. Might I, kindly, suggest using google next time you have a question?
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • It's for personal, family sentimental reasons. If it doesn't happen that's ok. I just figured I would ask because I didn't know. It's not a make or break.
  • I try to be kind to others regardless of whether they're going through the same thing as me. I don't know why people here have chosen to be so cruel when I said nothing cruel to them.

Cruel is a wee bit heavy. We gave non sugar coated (pretty thorough) answers. And rambled about other things. Don't take it so personal and the jokes get a lot funnier.
  • Yes I understand that I can have sex on vacation even when I'm not ovulating. The point was, my husband and I had sentimental reasons for trying to conceive on this trip. And when I say I know when I'm ovulating, I mean that I have my predictions, but they of course aren't totally accurate.
  • Wow. Yes, obviously I have Googled this already. Once again, I thought I was entering a kind forum where like-minded people could share their knowledge and experience. But I was absolutely wrong about that.
  • I think it is cruel. This is a sensitive subject and an emotional time that I'm looking forward to. I was just looking for support, not snark.
  • I think it is cruel. This is a sensitive subject and an emotional time that I'm looking forward to. I was just looking for support, not snark.

You did not ask for support. You asked a question, and you got answers. Obviously, you did not care for the responses, but that is what you get on the internet.
    Around here you have to give support to get support. Would you walk into a room with strangers and ask them for help during this "emotional time"? My guess is no.
    If you want to hang around. Sit back, lurk, and get a feel for the board. There are very knowledgable supportive women here.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • I'm just looking for a little thoughtful conversation and help. Not people who are bored and feel the need to bully others who have done nothing to them. No rainbows necessary.
  • I didn't lurk. Didn't feel the need to. Thanks for the suggestion. This will be the first and last question I post on here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"