March 2015 Moms

STM+ Labor Question!

I know this is a little early to be thinking about this, but I'm wondering if the hospitals you've delivered in have let you listen to music in the room as you labored?  I know all hospitals have different policies on what they allow, so I'm curious what your experiences were. I think that calming music is the only way I'm going to stay relaxed and not lose my mind!  
BabyFetus Ticker
Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

Re: STM+ Labor Question!

• The thought never crossed my mind. Once the contractions started, I was focusing on getting through them. Then I got my epidural and I fell asleep until I started feeling the urge to push. Then when it came to pushing, all I could think about was getting the kid out, especially during the good ole ring of fire.

I'm sure most hospital's will allow you to do whatever helps you during your labor.
  • It wasn't even something I thought of, but I can't see why I would've been told no if I had wanted to play some music quietly in my room. My hospital was pretty laid back and they give women their own private rooms so I doubt it would've been an issue, but it's not like that everywhere.

• Loading the player...
  • My hospital would have allowed it, also a tv and dvd player were provided in the room. By the time I got there though, I was in the throes of labor and had zero f*cks to give about music or movies. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Pregnancy Ticker
    image <3 Suzyq 
  • I'm pretty sure mine allowed it and also had tvs and such, but like PPs it never even crossed my mind.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm sure they would. I watched Seinfeld & Friends reruns for like an hour until all I could focus on was the contractions & pushing of course!
  • I didn't have music nor did I want music
  • Pretty sure I could have, but I watched Animal Planet until I had to start pushing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • aylacbw said:

I'm with everyone else... I'm sure I could have but that was the last thing on my mind. I think actually it would have annoyed me because I had to focus so much to get through the contractions. I did however really enjoy the Christmas lights my doula put up in the room so that those bright overhead fluorescents didn't have to be on the whole time:) so happy my hospital allows stuff like that.

Christmas lights sound so nice! What a great idea!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Our hospital allows it and we actually have a "spa" here. It's a giant roman soaking tub and the water falls from the ceiling. They play relaxing music or whatever you want to hear. I got to use it for a bit before my labor stalled and I got discharged. When I came back a few hours later I was focused on one thing- the effing anesthesiologist and how quickly he was going to be there to get me my epidural!
  • My previous hospital did. I can't imagine a hospital not having a tv or allowing you music. With my first I remember falling asleep to Elliot stabler after my epidural. @janda426‌ I think of that every time I see your Siggy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"