Parenting

Shaken, not stirred.

2»

Re: Shaken, not stirred.

• Avswolf said:
    I am really sad that Reese may miss TOT this year. I know I should be thankful that it isn't Thanksgiving or Christmas or Hanukkah--but it still makes me sad. And giving her a bag of candy saying "go to town" isn't the same at all. 

Plus, candy tax.
    Does the hosipital do trick-or-treating inside?  I feel like they would do something like that for the kids.
    If not, can we find out how to set it up? Kids in the hospital need Halloween too!
    I am not sure. I know they did have Spirit Halloween store in the hospital giving away free costumes, but there are A LOT of different cultures in the hospital and not all celebrate Halloween---so I don't know if they would do it. I'll ask child life tomorrow if they do. Reese already missed all the fall stuff--pumpkin picking, apple picking, etc. I hope she doesn't miss ToT too. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • I'm so fuckin sick :( If I didn't have my review tomorrow I'd just stay home from work

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Avswolf said:
    I am really sad that Reese may miss TOT this year. I know I should be thankful that it isn't Thanksgiving or Christmas or Hanukkah--but it still makes me sad. And giving her a bag of candy saying "go to town" isn't the same at all. 

Plus, candy tax.
    Does the hosipital do trick-or-treating inside?  I feel like they would do something like that for the kids.
    If not, can we find out how to set it up? Kids in the hospital need Halloween too!
    I am not sure. I know they did have Spirit Halloween store in the hospital giving away free costumes, but there are A LOT of different cultures in the hospital and not all celebrate Halloween---so I don't know if they would do it. I'll ask child life tomorrow if they do. Reese already missed all the fall stuff--pumpkin picking, apple picking, etc. I hope she doesn't miss ToT too. 
    Just an idea, but could you do reverse trick-or-treating.  Have friends and family drop by in costume to visit her and bring her candy and treats instead of her going out?  She could wear her costume all day and decorate her room with jack-o-lantern and everything.
    I love that idea---except we are about an hour and half to 2 hours away from home where all our friends and family are. My fingers are crossed we will be home by then. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Now more wine
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I feel broken. My anxiety is higher tonight than it has been in years. I hoped it would just go away eventually.
    The 5-htp I have been taking just isn't doing anything for me anymore. 

I can't handle anything right now. 
    Both kids are still awake.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm probably going to finish my beer then get to bed. I have a long day tomorrow.  I'm pretty excited about two new projects I'm starting so it won't be so bad.
  • I have to try to make myself sleep soon. I'm naturally a night person so now is when I have all my energy and get my best ideas. I was probably an asshole sleeper as a kid. I should apologize to my mom one day
  • Hi fellow insomniacs. 

I know I should go to sleep, but I am just going to get pissed off if I sit there staring at the ceiling when I could have some alone time. 

Twin girls ~ 2011
  • In other news, my MIL broke my coffee maker when she visited. Every time she comes, she ruins something in the kitchen. How, I don't know. It just seems to happen. This time it feels like a personal attack though. I am not capable of functioning properly without my coffee damn it! 
    Twin girls ~ 2011
  • We're dealing with croup tonight too. Baby woke up gasping for air and coughing. We are now hanging out in the ER waiting for the 2 hour observation after his breathing treatment. I can not wait to get home and sleep.

• I am so tiredddddd. This poor kid is miserable :( high fever + insane coughing....I feel so badly for him Also crazy ass weather. @MyMorningCoffee‌ is the weather nuts where you are? In good news just found out I won a $25 off card to lowes for volunteering at DDs schools bingo night. It's the little things
    Yes! This morning I woke to my phone blaring the emergency warning tone. It was just for a flash flood, but man did it get my heart going! I guess if you have a broken coffee machine, a shot of adrenaline is second best. 

I hope your son feels better soon! 
    Twin girls ~ 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"