Infertility
Options

December ladies???? Is it too early to discuss anything??

I still don't know when my IVF is starting and won't know for sure until at least next Friday. I'm hoping I can still be in the November group (the girls there are awesome!) but I think I might be a December girl! Even if ER is in November my transfer would almost certainly fall into December. So unless my clinic closes up shop late in the year due to the holidays, I think December is where I'll probably end up. Because I am impatient, I've been sitting around thinking of names for December. Nothing overly "christmas-y", at least I don't think. Thought I'd share!

December Sugar Plums (my personal favorite)
Winter Bells
December Snowflakes
Winter Hollies
December Icicles

*** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***

Re: December ladies???? Is it too early to discuss anything??

• Options
    Last December's group was Winter Wishes I think
  • Options
    If I am able to move forward soon if probably be early December. I love December Sugar Plums!

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ahhh!! I love the idea of being a December Sugar Plum!! So cutesy but still super awesome. :D

Will you all gag if I say that I'm excited to be a "sugar plum" while in  Disney this December?? :))

I am seriously wishing upon a star right now that my beta today comes in >5 so that I can be cleared to move on. My betas have been dropping fairly slowly, and this may be my last chance to get a cycle in before the end of the year. (I thought my clinic did a shutdown, but my RE assured me that they don't, and wants to get me in another cycle ASAP)

*waves* at @jencity9  :-h - how are you doing girl?
  • Options
    @Sha259‌ fx your beta goes down ASAP!
  • Options
    I should probably email my clinic to find out if they do shutdown for holidays. I'm almost scared to find out. Then there goes any hope of having a LO before I turn 30! :P
  • Options
    Thanks @SweetieShellieH, I've got everything crossed too!

At this point, I'll be lucky if I get a rainbow, and am still below AMA. :((
  • Options
    Aww I love sugar plums!

Me: (30) HSG/Bloodwork/Ultrasound: All looks good

DH: (30): MFI

IUIs #1-4 = BFN

IVF #1 December January

**********************All Welcome**********************

January 3T Siggy

• Options
    Was Jingle Belles a December BMB group or last December's IVF group? 

@NariaDreaming pretty sure 2013 December group was Winter Wishes and I think the year before was Snow Bunnies.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    @Buttmonkey34 we are in the same situation. Watching falling betas. 

I had at first hoped to be a Tiny Turkey, but that didn't happen. Today's beta was 10.8 :-S I wish they would just drop already!! Back next Friday for hopefully will be my last check. Every week I have to wait, the chances of me making it into Dec get slimmer.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'll fit in for November or December. I'm waiting to get a fibroid removed then prepping for an FET. I love December Sugar Plums!

• Options
    jencity9jencity9 member
    edited October 2014
    Hi @Sha259‌ ! :-h The little waving smiley is cracking me up hehe. I'm alright.. I know I haven't been around much or at all lately. Just trying to get healthy and bring my A1C down so I can start my next cycle.. Hopefully this year! I hope you can start soon too! Would be nice to be in the same group again. :)

@Buttmonkey34‌ I just commented on your post on 3T but am so sorry. :(
    I hope you, too, can do your next cycle very soon!

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Options
    Hi ladies-- I'll be a December girl too. Delayed. Again. I hate being a long lupron girl. I found out today I'll have FET ~12/8, with beta right before Xmas. Oh- as long as PGD comes back with good news. Hopefully soon. It's been an uber long 3 wks...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE sugar plums. Super adorable!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @katers79‌ hope PGD comes back good and asap!
  • Options
    I am hoping for my second FET in December but I'll find out Monday at my wtf appointment.
    me 33- everything looks good
    mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
    IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
    IVF# 1 July
    ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
    10 embryos frozen
    ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
    ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @ChristieH917‌ they're darling! I love the first one-- the colors are awesome. :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yup, last year's December group was "Winter Wishes" (you can see our badge in my siggy). I LOVE Sugar Plums! So much that if our transfer got delayed into December, then I'd almost be ok with it :D@ChristieH917 - that first badge is gorgeous!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Options
    KcheeseKcheese member
    edited October 2014
    Those badges look great!  I'm really pulling for sugar plums!  I'm biased though my fav color is purple & a lot of the badges are using them! @sweetieshellieh I love #2

IUIs #1-4 = BFN

IVF #1 December January

January 3T Siggy

• Options

I think this is my group, if you'll have me :)  I just posted my intro a bit ago.

I start estrogen priming Monday and my RE has me on testosterone gel, too. Anyone with testosterone experience? I'm nervous for side effects. My ER should be early December. 

I think Sugar Plums is a super cute name!

***  Losses Mentioned ***

Me: 35 this month DH: 35

TTC since January 2013

2/13: BFP  4/13: MC @ 9 weeks - D&C - no chromosome testing
    7/13: BFP  10/13: MC @ 3 1/2 months - D&C - chrom test normal

11/13: 1st RE visit for testing only - AMH .4 - FSH 11 - positive MTHFR (one copy)

2/14: BFP 4/13 (identical mono/tri quads, 2 conjoined) - MC @ 8 weeks - D&C - chrom test normal

10/14: RE 2nd opinion & IVF consult - Dx small uterine septum - AFC 3 total - recommended banking 3 ERs - DH slightly low morphology
    12/14: First ER cycle - EPP w/testosterone, Lupron microflare w/Saizen. 4R/3M/2F. Both abnormal. RE strongly recommends donor eggs.

• Options
    Sha259Sha259 member
    edited October 2014
    Ahhh Badges!!! This gets me hopeful and excited. I love that purple is a theme color for Sugar Plums, since it is also my favorite color. ;)
    But I guess we can't be presumptuous and assume that Sugar Plums will win the poll. Got to give others a chance at picking a name.
  • Options

I'm a Tiny Turkey who just found out that due to a cyst I will hopefully cycle in December if the cyst is gone :(

I like Sugar Plums and Snowflakes :)

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• Options
    Im December for sure now. So sugar plums it is!

ME - 31, DX with dual hydrosalpinx (2012) , confirmed again in 2014, starting IVF 1st Cycle Dec 2014

Bloodwork done 8/8/2014 LH - 2.8, FSH 6.1

DH - 31, testing scheduled for 8/22/2014, 60-70% motility, no problems found

• Options
    Looks like IVF#3 will be in December. I love the Sugar Plums. So cute!
  • Options
    I think I'm heading back to the November group, so if anyone wants to post a thread for ppl to suggest names and and badges and polls for December go ahead :) feel free to use my badges for a vote in the event sugar plums does win :) I'll be thinking of all of you, and who knows, if AF decides to be late this cycle, then I might be back anyways!!
  • Options
    There is a small chance I'll be part of this group for FET#1. Sugar Plums sounds cute!

***siggy warning***

Me: 29; DH: 53
    TTC since February 2013 --- mild thin PCOS (or not, depending on which RE you ask), MFI

TI#1: BFN (April 2014; Clomid 50mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Clomid 50 mg x4 days)
    IUI#1: c/p (May 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Estrace x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x10 days)
    IUI#2: abandoned... O'd early & DH hormone issues (June 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x2 days)
    IUI#2.1: BFN (July 2014; Letrozole 2.5 mg x5 days, Bravelle 75 IU x4 days)

Moving on to IVF. (Why we're moving on to IVF)

IVF#1 (w/ICSI): BCP 9/9-9/23. Gonal-F, Ganirelix, Low-dose HCG (antagonist protocol). 41R/35M/32F... 2 transferred on 10/14, 14 frosties! On cabergoline to help avoid OHSS. BFN, possibly because of 90% drop in estrogen and progesterone a few days after ET.
    FET#1: Transferring 2 on January 8. BFP! beta#1 (1/17): 408, beta#2 (1/20): 1310, first u/s scheduled 2/5

image    image
  • Options

I'm excited to get this group going!  Are there any other name suggestions for December group or are we ready for a poll & badges?

IUIs #1-4 = BFN

IVF #1 December January

January 3T Siggy

• Options
    I think we are ready for a poll & badges! :)

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• Options
    @TLooney17 One of you lovely ladies will have to set up the polls since I was able to get things moving to do IVF in November! I'll be sure to check up on you girls though!! Feel free to use my badges for a vote IF sugar plum wins :)
  • Options
    Hi all, I'm new to the group. I'll be starting the IVF process (my 1st time) around thanksgiving so I guess that makes me a Sugar Plum member (if that's the chosen name...I love it!). I'm hoping to learn a thing or two from everyone.
    Me: 27 yrs old. Arcuate uterus, very short luteal phases (even with progesterone supp.), naturally long irregular cycles, poor response to all IF meds
    DH: 27 yrs old. Low morphology
    TTC since Jan. 2014. No BFPs ever :(
    8/14: 1st IUI w/ clomid, BFN
    9/14: 2nd IUI w/ clomid, BFN
    10/14: 3rd IUI w/ clomid, BFN
    12/14: 1st IVF, BFN. 6 eggs retrieved. 5 fertilized. 1 transferred. Two frozen embryos
    2/15: 1st FET scheduled. Cautiously optimistic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"