May 2012 Moms

Small Victories

I am doing take 2 of potty training starting today. Our attempt in June was a complete fail. After major resistance all day, we had what I hope is a breakthrough. He peed a little on the floor, stopped himself, and told me he needed to go potty. Then he finished in the potty. Not once last time did he say he had to go and this is the first time today. Maybe it is starting to click!

(Sorry if you could care less about my child's bathroom habits, but who else do you share these victories with?)

Re: Small Victories

• That's great, a sure sign!   DS has done EC so he's gone in the potty since a tiny  baby but has never asked to go until Monday night.  We've been watching Potty Time from Signing time all week and I think it's finally sunk in.  I was so excited I had DH play the celebrate song from the video (DS's favorite) right after we were done :)   Milestones are sure exciting, I know we're not 100% trained but it's nice to know he can tell me he wants to go!
  • DD was doing good when we first started a few months ago but then all of a sudden didn't care if she went in her pants anymore. One day she would be great at it and the next would not care at all. So we stopped and I'm going to try again with her soon. 

She goes to the potty every night before bed, it's part of our routine. If we're out at a store or restaurant she always asks to go, sometimes actually going and sometimes not. My mother said I was the same way, always had to check out the bathrooms to where ever we went. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"