April 2015 Moms

My heart rate was 107?

Ok I used the search function and didn't find anything...

I had an appt today and realized on my chart, as I was leaving, that my HR was 107... BP was fine... I sent an email to my OB, but met with a different dr today because my OB is out of town...

Is this still in a normal range? This is my 3rd pregnancy... Never had this problem before not even 38 weeks pregnant...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm obviously going to listen to whatever my doc has to say, but thought someone may know from experience!
cwarren~ mother of a beautiful baby girl.

Re: My heart rate was 107?

• Not at all... That's what's weird!
  • I checked it again at home and it was 103
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for responding... At least I don't feel crazy emailing the OB right after my appt
  • It's not that bad.  Normal range is 60-100, but 107 is barely above that.  I run fast so it's not unusual for me to be in the 120s.  Can be a sign of not drinking enough water, but not very concerning.
  • @fourthtimesacharm‌ thanks for the water advice I'll try to drink more and see of that helps!!

Pre-pregnancy, I was a long distance runner... So I had a lower HR so that high just freaked me out.
  • I was working as a nurse and when I walked into the building one day another nurse was so excited to show me our new oximeter, she popped that thing right on my finger before I even got behind the desk.  I was almost 130 just walking into the building (not a long walk and not exherting in any way).  But, give me a bunch of coffee and I'm in the 70's.  Go figure.
  • Perhaps... Last appt it was 98 and my regular OB mentioned that it was pretty high for me and he wanted to watch it...
  • Mine was 117. Mine is normally high and pregnancy makes it higher. No need to worry.
  • Mine is naturally somewhere in the 112 range. Give or take a bit on various days.
  • I think it's naturally higher in pregnancy - mine was 95 when I got it checked the other day which is really high for me, and the nurse told me it was nothing out of the ordinary. What's your non pregnant heart rate?
  • Thanks guys! I'm glad it doesn't seem to be something to worry about...

My normal heart rate typically fluctuates between 70-80
  • I think they would be more worried if it were 115+ . I agree with pp, up your fluid intake you could be slightly dehydrated
    < Pregnancy Ticker >
  • Thanks ladies! I did receive a phone call first thing yesterday morning from my dr... I have a heart condition called Supraventricular tachycardia, because of that and how much higher it is than my baseline, prior to pregnancy, the dr has requested that I go ahead and come in again next week. She still thinks that everything is likely ok, but they would like to be sure!

Thanks for all the advice and helping me not feel that I was over-reacting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"