September 2014 Moms
Options

Napping Issues

hi ladies! My six week old son only likes to sleep in my arms or when I pushed him in the carriage. I've tried a rock and play, the crib, the snuggle bunny, the boppy...nothing works. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Re: Napping Issues

• Options
    Do u have a swing? My LO loves napping in that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was also going to suggest wearing him! Also, they are still so little that I just soak up the baby cuddles. It won't always be like that. When I am desperate and she won't sleep alone I put her in the baby k'tan
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mine will only nap in her swing with the music turned all the way up and on the fastest setting.
  • Options
    Do you swaddle and use white noise in a darker room?

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I put my LO in the RnP after she falls asleep on the boob. Sometimes she will wake within 10 minutes, sometimes she will continue to sleep. Most days she won't sleep an hour or more but she does sleep pretty good most nights (5-6). I just let her do what she wants (unswaddled) and she's generally pretty happy as long her demands are met. She just turned 7 weeks old today

• Options
    My LO is similar. He wakes up shortly after I put him down or the stroller ride is over. Swaddling and white noise (I found a good app I use daily) help prolong naps. Also wearing him in an ergo and the swing put him to sleep. Good luck!
  • Options
    I swaddle for nap time.
  • Options
    Being swaddled is the only way my LO will sleep in her crib or bassinet. Sometimes she won't sleep in either then we put her in the swing. She always falls asleep in the car. I've been tempted when she's really fighting sleep to drive around for a while but we haven't actually done it yet.
  • Options
    I have found that swaddling is my ONLY option to get her to a good sleep if she wakes up after I move her off the boob. I have also had good luck wearing her though if I need to get some light housework done. 
  • Options
    I've been having the same issue, and I've pretty much given up forcing her to sleep in the crib or pnp during the day cuz she just wakes up crying 5 min later. I just let her sleep in my arms or in the ergo if I need to get stuff done. Sometimes she'll sleep propped on the boppy next to me so I can eat! She instantly falls asleep in the stroller or car but hates the swing!
  • Options
     DS2 will not sleep unless he is swaddled 

• Options
    does your LO like to be swaddled? helped us a lot! She transitioned into a sleep sack (zipadee zip) and its working wonderfully too.
  • Options
    I know this is taboo, but I find that my LO naps best on her tummy. At night she will sleep on her side, but during the day she will not stay asleep unless she's on her tummy.
    Me: 36       DH:38
    DD born 9/3/14
    BFP: 1/8/18        EDD: 9/18/18
  • Options
    I think my LO would sleep better on her tummy too. I'm too scared to try it at night.
  • Options
    redtoes13 said:

I think my LO would sleep better on her tummy too. I'm too scared to try it at night.

My LO sleeps on his tummy all the time and I don't give a shit what anyone else says or thinks. That's the only way he sleeps and if he has gas it easier for him to push his butt up in the air rather than pulling his legs up.
  • Options
    My lo is weird and sleeps really well thrown up on my shoulder like I'm burping her.. Can't say I enjoy it but I get her to sleep that way then move her down to my arms
  • Options
    Long-time lurker, but figured I'd jump right in. We had a lot of napping issues (as in, no naps) until about 6 weeks. Nothing changed except I had a baby nurse come while my husband was traveling who showed me, baby CAN be put to sleep, if just takes a lot of effort. The only way we were able to get him to start napping was by swaddling then putting him in his crib and holding the paci in his mouth until he fell asleep. In the beginning this took 45 mins, or might not even work. Within 2-3 days, though, it was down to 10-15 mins and he was consistently taking 3-4 naps per day. I also realized I'd been keeping him up way too long - he can only handle being awake for 1-1.5 hrs, but also won't fall asleep on his own :/
  • Options
    I have this issue too, my six week old will only sleep in my arms, stroller, or car. The baby ktan has been a godsend cuz it's the only other thing (except nursing) that always works. He fights sleep like crazy even in that. Worse case scenario I just nurse him side lying and we both get to sleep.
  • Options
    Minmcgar said:

Do u have a swing? My LO loves napping in that!

Same here. When she's calm and ready for a nap, I can put her in the swing and she's usually out within 15 mins. She'll sleep for and hour or two in there sometimes, and I can even move her to her basinet if I want.

Though trying to put her in her swing when fussy is a no go for us.
  • Options
    M2M85 said:

does your LO like to be swaddled? helped us a lot! She transitioned into a sleep sack (zipadee zip) and its working wonderfully too.

What she did you move from swaddle to sleep sack and how did you know she was ready? Any tricks to share for success with this?

We swaddled non stop the first few weeks, but now after 6 weeks I don't anymore at all during the day. Because she hates not being able to put her hands to her mouth when awake, and fights it pretty strenuously. So she sleeps in the swing, a sling, someone's arms or occasionally on her own in her bassinet for naps, but often wakes herself that way.

At night we still have to swaddle and she sleeps very soundly for 3-4 hour stretches. She doesn't fight it too much at night because she is so sleepy and nurses to sleep. It really helps keep her asleep since she can't flail and wake herself.
  • Options
    My LO naps inconsistently, but we don't swaddle for naps- only at night. One thing that works well for us is putting her on her side in the rock n play. I feel ok about it during the day because I can watch her. This sort of pins one arm down so she can't flail with both and she'll stay sleeping a lot longer this way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"