August 2014 Moms

Babywearing in cold temps

DS finally enjoys the Ergo that I've been trying so hard to use!  He usually falls asleep before I even get to the doors of the grocery store now, I love it!  But I'm in Michigan and it's already pretty chilly outside and if this winter is anything like last, I have a feeling I won't get too much more use out of my carrier.

What do you STMs or maybe really creative FTMs think about wearing him for errands and such in the winter?  I usually take my jacket off at the car, put the Ergo on and put him in it, then put my coat back on around the two of us until we get in the store. I am thinking it's going to be too cold to do such things soon, but lugging the car seat in is the opposite of what I want to do, or putting him in the Ergo with a thick blanket until we get inside seems counterproductive too, as I then have the blankets to deal with.  Plus there's the chill between getting him out of the car and wrapping the blanket around.  So maybe we'll just be hermits and send DH out to do everything?! ;-)  What do you think?
We love August!
Boyfriend & Girlfriend - 8.6.06
Husband & Wife - 8.6.10
Mom & Dad - 8.19.14

Re: Babywearing in cold temps

• I'm in iowa so I feel you! I have a Moby wrap but so far when it has been cooler when I wear LO, I put a zip up sweatshirt on backwards that way the good can also protect her. I will probably continue to do that with eventually putting a coat around us as well.
  • Ooh I like the backwards sweater idea! But maybe investing a larger coat for both of us is a good idea.  Thanks ladies!
    We love August!
    Husband & Wife - 8.6.10
    Mom & Dad - 8.19.14

• Loading the player...
  • We're in Chicago and I'll wear DH's coat over her in the moby wrap. We'll likely be hibernating in deep winter...

• I wear the carrier under a coat, also have an infantino carrier cover which works great (attaches to straps of pack style carriers like bjorn and ergo)
  • I second big coats! I would just a big coat or sweatshirt that would zip up over both of us There's also these:
    @cricketsue4u That last pic you posted is the exact Infantino cover I have, it works great
  • Omg @theteno that is terrifying!! hahaha I think I am going to look into getting that Infantino cover, I found the website and it's $19.99.  I think it's worth the money to keep using my Ergo!
    We love August!
    Husband & Wife - 8.6.10
    Mom & Dad - 8.19.14

• HA HA, love the double hoodies and protruding baby face. I think people already do a double take when I'm wearing DH's large fleece and it looks like I have a third boob with a hat on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"